• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel Day Lewis in talks to reunite with PTA for 1950s fashion drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/daniel-day-lewis-paul-thomas-anderson-fashion-movie-1201768423/

Sources say that Lewis, who hasn’t made a film since “Lincoln” in 2012, has been loosely attached to the project for some time. Anderson is still working on a script while meeting young actresses of Eastern European descent to cast supporting roles.

Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures is producing and financing the untitled project. The film will be set in 1950s New York and revolve around the fashion industry, although the plot is under wraps.

Annapurna most recently worked with PTA on “The Master” and “Inherent Vice.”

Lewis, who won his third Academy Award for his performance as Honest Abe in Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln,” has kept a low-profile the past decade. Prior to “Lincoln,” the 59 year-old took a three-year break after Rob Marshall’s “Nine” in 2009. He filmed PTA’s “There Will Be Blood” before that in 2007.

SeanC

giphy.gif

Pryce

There Will Be Blood is easily a modern classic, and DDL was phenomenal in that.

Go get your Oscar, Daniel.

Fashion? Can we put him in a dress?

I know Daniel Day Lewis only shows up very rarely, but he should totally do a Marvel movie for the hell of it then vanish for another 5 years.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I know Daniel Day Lewis only shows up very rarely, but he should totally do a Marvel movie for the hell of it then vanish for another 5 years.

Daniel Day Lewis shows up when all of Earth's Mightiest Hero's to stop Thanos as... SQUIRREL GIRL!

He'd make you cry and win Marvels first and only Best Picture and Best Actor Awards. He would also be in character the entire movie and would not take out his buck teeth or remove his fake squirrel tail.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Why is this guy so liked on GAF and the white people awards?

He always plays the same loud-overacting role and has less range than Nicholas Cage.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Eh, sure. The fashion world is being completely underutilized from a story stand point so this'll be good no matter what.

He always plays the same loud-overacting role and has less range than Nicholas Cage.

He's a method actor like Jared Leto. Automatically he gets GAF cred. Never get out of the role and treat your film crew like shit. 5 STARS!

HStallion

He's got incredible rang what are you even going on about? Compare his role as Christie Brown in My Left Foot to his performance Lincoln, that's the same guy.

There Will Be Blood is the best movie I have ever seen and I also really loved The Master. so PTA + DDL is a match made in heaven in my book.

Nere

I will never understand why he didn't got an Oscar for Gangs of New York too, he stole the show.

Sean C

I like to imagine DDL spent the years since the Lincoln awards junket wandering the Earth in a variety of disguises, learning the ways of the common man and occasionally solving mysteries.

jett

D-Member
I hope PTA decides to actually make something entertaining this time.

He should totally not waste his time like that.

giphy.gif

Ridley327

I will never understand why he didn't got an Oscar for Gangs of New York too, he stole the show.

It's been long speculated that when Gangs of New York was met with decidedly mixed reception critically and commercially, the Weinsteins decided to put all of their chips on Chicago instead, which played better to voters.

MrToughPants

Eh, sure. The fashion world is being completely underutilized from a story stand point so this'll be good no matter what.

He's a method actor like Jared Leto. Automatically he gets GAF cred. Never get out of the role and treat your film crew like shit. 5 STARS!

His method is overbearing, monotone, and a lack of charisma. He's the Nas of acting.

He's got incredible rang what are you even going on about? Compare his role as Christie Brown in My Left Foot to his performance Lincoln, that's the same guy.

I don't know what rang is? Maybe he needs the E for effort to get that range and versatility.

Mark Wahlberg, now that is an actor with range.

HStallion

I don't know what rang is? Maybe he needs the E for effort to get that range and versatility.

Ah yes pointing out a spelling mistake as your response and then the Marky Mark comment. Yeah I fell for the bait.

His method is overbearing, monotone, and a lack of charisma. He's the Nas of acting.

Did Brian Burke punch your mum when she was bearing you?

It's the only explanation I can find for your opinions.

Edit: ah, you got me good.

MrToughPants

Lack of charisma? Are we talking about the same actor even? He steals the show in each and every movie he is in.

He has the charisma of a sloth, as seen in your avatar.

Hugh Jackman has charisma. He can endear an audience, make them laugh, and feel all kinds of emotions on the big screen.

DDL destroys ear drums with his loud asshole broadway acting and only makes you come out of the threatre needing a hearing aide; like all the old white Oscar voters who can't hear shit except DDL so it's the only vote they cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom