• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2 screenshots

madkiller

No other game series in recent memory has instilled such dread in me than the Souls series.

mind-flayer.jpg

These guys freaked me out.

FUCK THESE GUYS AND THEIR STUN MOVE!!!

Screenshots look great.

It actually looks like their engine is rendering scenes like Killzone's 2 engine.

It looks like deferred rendering. Something only a few games did on PS3/360.

Raide

I hope they have added something interesting for Bow users. Actually adding more than 5 odd bows would be nice also!

Hindle

Banned
Based of the screen with the enemy in a chariot, I'd say there could be a coliseum. It would make sense to introduce those in that setting.

zaxon

First pic looks like Painted world to me. The long bridge, the big hunk of rock, the tall tower in the middle (of which only the stairs remain in painted world.)

Seeing that the lore was probably my favorite part of dark souls, I'm getting a huge hardon right now thinking about the possible things we'll learn in this game about the story's past.

Not technically impressive but love the art direction and I'm sire it will look stunning in 1080p on PC. Doesn't look like a new engine but I'm happy this means I should be able to run it fine without needing an upgrade.

Midou

First pic looks like Painted world to me. The long bridge, the big hunk of rock, the tall tower in the middle (of which only the stairs remain in painted world.)

Seeing that the lore was probably my favorite part of dark souls, I'm getting a huge hardon right now thinking about the possible things we'll learn in this game about the story's past.

Considering the snowy area we've seen, that would totally make sense if its true, nice find.

Loved the lore as well as the feel of the place.

Zeliard

but where are the next gen screenshots? This doesn't impress me at all.

At high res on PC this will look better than a lot of early next-gen games. Great art goes a hell of a long way, especially when it cleans up like Dark Souls did at high res.

PC and Next-Gen versions will be goddamn delicious.

They'll still have been built for current-gen, all the assets are current gen. They'll be higher res ports for PC and PS4, like all multi-platform games this gen, with a few bells & whistles. Have to wait for Dark Souls 3 for a next-gen version graphically

Raide

They'll still have been built for current-gen, all the assets are current gen. They'll be higher res ports for PC and PS4, like all multi-platform games this gen, with a few bells & whistles. Have to wait for Dark Souls 3 for a next-gen version graphically

The Durante PC version showed that From make some fantastic models and textures. Amazing what some modern tech tweaks can do despite being "current gen" assets.

EVIL

Playing Dark Souls for graphics, oh god.

Also this game was always for this gen...

Do want boss rush mode.

they have the chance to build something visually impressive upon the already awesome dark/demon souls gameplay mechanics. Whats wrong with expecting eye candy when getting your ass kicked.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I hope they have added something interesting for Bow users. Actually adding more than 5 odd bows would be nice also!
I hope that they will completely rework the bow system to make it more action oriented so that you can freely move when using a bow cuz this will make it more satisfying than before in my opinion. Well, I just don't like to stand in one place and shooting arrows at enemies without moving when I want to move and evade from upcoming attacks.

Looks great to me, and I'm more concerned with the atmospherics of the game - not how next-gen-how many polys can we push type thing. There are more important things about being 'next gen' than simply better graphics.

Also, DSII with the DS Fix = an amazing, amazing looking game. I still cant get over what a few simple tweaks can do.

Top Bottom