• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Collectors and Prestige Editions

NeededSleep

You would think sword and shield would be more iconic for a statue, but they keep embracing dual wield.

oh well, passing on this CE, again.. stupid dual wield.

Maz

I talked to the manager when I was there and according to him that's the final pricing. But you should keep in mind that games here cost more (70-75 usd for new games).

When I first saw the price I genuinely thought the prestige comes with a ps4.

lionpants

1. Why does there have to be two different figures?
    I need both.
  2. How does the prestige figure warrant such a massive price increase when it is barely taller? Is it made of gold or something?

Purdy

Not going to be stung again, the Dark Souls 2 statue fucking sucked arse.

A real pity, one of the GOAT game series (If including Demon+BB), but the DS2 CE sucked major balls :(, BB one kinda did too

EDIT: Fuck me just saw the price lol, yeah no chance I'm arsed about that. Let someone talented do DaS figures/statues though and I'll buy them

Skatterd

I would probably pay $200 for that figure.. no more.
And Dark Souls is my favorite game series...bought the original 3 times and second 4 times.
But 500 is insane.

In for the smaller one. (If either of these even come to the US)

I have sworn to never feel like a rube again by buying another overpriced ($500 lmao) collector's edition with some shoddy statue. That said, having the soundtrack and or artbook would be pretty cool.

Gbraga

I'm not fond of this Lord of Cinder's design, so I'm not really interested.

But I do hope they're just using it not to spoil other major bosses, this one looks too boring to be the main antagonist.

Jombie

I wonder how From feels about some of these disgustingly overpriced collector's editions. I'm one of the biggest Souls fans around and I would never throw money away on any of that cheap, gimmicky shit.

Breads

Banned
Welp. Looks like I'm spending almost a grand on DS3 next year.

Lol what a rip off!I honestly feel sorry for those who intend to buy the prestige edition.

... and I feel sorry for you.

Wait a minute, Lord of Cinder... so Gwyn is back?

I'm not 100% sure about this but iirc...

Lords of Cinder are those who collected the lord souls and linked the flame. Dark Lords were ones who collected the lord souls and didn't link the flame (like Vendrick). There has been so many Lords of Cinder that the the story now revolves around the idea that it happened many times over. So many in fact that their "embers" now replace humanity/ human effigies as the un-hollow item.

convo

I would be worried sick to have such an expensive thing be damaged on delivery.
Those are some sweet statues though, some people will want it for sure. There are some fans that feel under served by Souls merchandise and stuff, i've heard of people buying off that life-sized Dark Souls 2 statue.

Momentary

Banned
I wonder if it's Art of War who is doing the figurines. They are the same guys who make the $1000 USD Berserk statues that everyone goes crazy over. That's a pretty good price if it's from that company.

$330 more for a 15cm taller statue and it doesn't even come with the Red Knight?

That's ridiculous. Surely that's not right.

Fury451

Banned
Wait, I'm I reading that right?

FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY US DOLLARS?!
8f0.png

The Lord of Cinder figure looks really cool, but I'll probably stick with just a standard editions

You know souls got mainstream when you see Prestige edition. Mexico price will be like 800 dollars

I am going digital anyway.

Lords of Cinder are those who collected the lord souls and linked the flame. Dark Lords were ones who collected the lord souls and didn't link the flame (like Vendrick). There has been so many Lords of Cinder that the the story now revolves around the idea that it happened many times over. So many in fact that their "embers" now replace humanity/ human effigies as the un-hollow item.

No, is a retcon to place the advertise the "Lord of cinder" name and the new mechanics,

"Lords of cinders" where the individual who could control the fire on its primal form, the true essence of life into different uses like Faith, Pyromancy and Sorceries. Pyromancy was later banned due its nature to alter life and create abominations and hexes created by Manus to attack the fire or souls of the enemy. The collections of the lord souls makes doesnt make you a Lord of cinder but the door will only recognize a "Lord" type souls which the chosen undead soul havent grow to open so you are tasked to collect them to open the prison and use your own souls as fuel.

The same happened to the life shards and the complete removal of Humanity in DS2 to push their idea of the Crowns

Zyrox

Where's the peasant/casul edition that's just a steelbook? Don't need all that other stuff. 500 bucks lol

Finalow

prestige edition price is fucki- 12 April? FUCK THAT. was the release date known before this? Maybe I missed it.

japan gets it more than 2 weeks earlier, I'm importing then. I hope to see a decent japanese CE

Koobion

Argh - that price! Since I collect for this series, I might go for the fancy edition still. Almost hoping that both of these don't come to the US so I don't feel compelled to get both, but we'll see.

mekes

I don't normally say this about special editions of console games, but if it were $300 cheaper I might have bought it.

Looking at it again, if it didn't come with the figure so it could be a little cheaper I would be all over that CE. I love getting soundtracks, and the steel book and map are nice touches. I just don't care much for figures.

Top Bottom