• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 PC performance thread

burgerdog

So it seems I have this patch installed, but booting up my game I still get the message that the game is scheduled for maintenance on August 26th or whatever. What gives?

Someone just being lazy. Don't worry it will be gone when they're force to change it right before the dlc hits.

Is anyone playing the PC version right now? I get random stutter and stutter that can be triggered by running certain distances, i might just get the xbox one version of the dlc....

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Uh, holy shit, I played through a good 2/3rds of the game without ambient sounds, I watched a clip and realised I didn't have them working, jesus, what a difference it makes, you barely notice them being gone but having them play adds so much to the atmosphere. Farron would've been a much different experience with them for sure. Oh well, at least that's fixed, bonus is that the latest drivers have virtual surround support for any headphones and lets you turn audio normalization off if you use Dolby Digital Plus.

Such a weird issue too, these days sound typically either works or it doesn't work at all. Oh well, fixed it in time for the DLC at least, pretty sure ambience is going to play a large part in what looks like a pretty barren world to explore

robgrab

I booted up DS3 yesterday and the physics and movement felt very stiff and heavy. Even when I take off all of my armor my movement and attack speed seems much slower than I remember. To be fair I've been playing a lot of Dragon's Dogma lately and the movement is much quicker. Did something change in a patch or have I just been away too long?

I booted up DS3 yesterday and the physics and movement felt very stiff and heavy. Even when I take off all of my armor my movement and attack speed seems much slower than I remember. To be fair I've been playing a lot of Dragon's Dogma lately and the movement is much quicker. Did something change in a patch or have I just been away too long?

It's just that. : p

I'm having an issue where background audio drops out when I start walking. Mostly outdoor areas. It's really annoying. No issues with DS1 or 2.

I had this. After updating my sound card drivers and nvidia drivers, that problem went away.

I actually had that identical problem on Dark Souls 2, and I don't think it was ever fixed for me in that, but I haven't played that in years.

Anyone experiencing random stuttering, i just fixed my finally by limiting the frame rate to 59.7fps in nvida inspector.
I figured since 30fps adaptive fixed the stuttering, it must be something to do with frame pacing.

I had this. After updating my sound card drivers and nvidia drivers, that problem went away.

I actually had that identical problem on Dark Souls 2, and I don't think it was ever fixed for me in that, but I haven't played that in years.

I never fixed this on my old computer, but the problem doesn't happen on my new system. Probably was some kind8nd of driver thing.

Anyone experiencing random stuttering, i just fixed my finally by limiting the frame rate to 59.7fps in nvida inspector.
I figured since 30fps adaptive fixed the stuttering, it must be something to do with frame pacing.

By random stuttering, is what you saw was when the frame rate would randomly dip from 60 down to 57 or whatever and then shoot back up to 60?

reektann

Since getting this DLC my game fully freezes for 1-2 seconds about 3 times in a row every few minutes. Seems a few others saying the same on the Steam forums.

Never saw a problem at all in the main game for 50 plus hours.

Upgraded to a 1070 recently and no matter what I do I still get a insane drop to 20 fps and then back 60, it only lasts 2 or 3 seconds but its already gotten me killed, so frustrating!

5olid_5nake

Yesterday game froze and I couldn't do anything except reboot the pc. That happened a couple of times now and I thought it was because of nvidia drivers, but now I'm starting to think it's because of the latest patch.

GTX1060 user here.

Yesterday game froze and I couldn't do anything except reboot the pc. That happened a couple of times now and I thought it was because of nvidia drivers, but now I'm starting to think it's because of the latest patch.

GTX1060 user here.

Came back to this after a long hiatus, and its crashing randomly. Never had that issue before. Anyone else getting this on the latest patch?

Jex

Figured this would be the thread to ask this question.

I've been playing Dark Souls 3 on a Laptop, but I'm on a home PC now. I see there isn't cloud saving, so can I move my character from my laptop to my PC?

DemWalls

I've been playing Dark Souls 3 on a Laptop, but I'm on a home PC now. I see there isn't cloud saving, so can I move my character from my laptop to my PC?

Yes, easily. The save file is in C:Users[name]AppDataRoamingDarkSoulsIII, or something like that. Just copy and paste from the laptop to the PC.

Unai

Just copy the save from AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII. You only need to get the .sl2 file.

Edit: beaten, just like in Dark Souls.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Copying C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII should do the trick.

Edit: Too Three slow.

mjp2417

Banned
Came back to this after a long hiatus, and its crashing randomly. Never had that issue before. Anyone else getting this on the latest patch?

Yep. Played the game to completion in the spring/summer without a single issue. Started a new run a week or two ago and it freezes my PC pretty consistently now. I'm not sure if it's a recent patch problem or an Nvidia driver problem.

mjp2417

Banned
For those with recent crashing/freezing issues on Nvidia cards, try setting your Nvidia Control Panel power setting for the game to maximum performance. This appears to have fixed my issues for the time being.

Amirnol

Playing the new DLC after a long break with the game and am noticing some weird sounds issues. The ambient background sound, like the wind rustling, seems to "reset" a lot, for instance during dialogue with npcs, each new line resets the background sound. Also while in the menu, if I idle my selection on an item, and then move selection, the same issue occurs. It's very noticeable and quite distracting from the experience.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Stevey

Playing the new DLC after a long break with the game and am noticing some weird sounds issues. The ambient background sound, like the wind rustling, seems to "reset" a lot, for instance during dialogue with npcs, each new line resets the background sound. Also while in the menu, if I idle my selection on an item, and then move selection, the same issue occurs. It's very noticeable and quite distracting from the experience.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

I've had this from launch with this game, thought it was fixed a bit ago, but the DLC has brought it back.

Izuna

Banned
Is there a way to get my calibration working on this game? ;( it's super washed out

edit: fixed it, it was forcing 60hz and limited colour space. ffs

Top Bottom