• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARK SOULS II Announced - [PC/PS3/360 - PR in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doodled something quickly to celebrate

tumblr_mep1wp0dC21rnx5rho1_500.jpg
Yay!

The music in the trailer is mindblowing.
Yes, it's incredible, everything about that trailer is amazing. I can't keep up with my excitement.

NBtoaster

I'm tempted by the PC version because of mods but hackers on PC and the online community is better on PS3 makes me wanna buy the PS3 version instead.

220 hours on the PC version and I encountered a hacker 1 or 2 times.

But yeah, it's much more active on PS3.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I wonder how that'll work again.

Either they do it exactly the same and leave the obvious opening for Durante to do his magic
Or they "fix" the opening and screw everyone over (and then it depends on whether the port is good or not)

The fact that the PC version isn't an afterthought this time around makes it much more likely that it has a decent budget behind it.. or wait maybe not.

Namco's all
"HEY IT SOLD DESPITE LOW BUDGET PORT. LETS DO IT AGAIN LOL"

d0c_zaius

Either they do it exactly the same and leave the obvious opening for Durante to do his magic
Or they "fix" the opening and screw everyone over (and then it depends on whether the port is good or not)

is it too early to start a hardcore campaign to get Durante hired by From? Assuming he wants to be of course.

Durante

There's not really a special "obvious opening" -- what I did could be done for every other PC game, it's just that every other PC game has a resolution setting.

Anyway, I'm very positive the PC version will be better this time around and won't need fixing. I don't think it's even worth speculating about too much.

Zimbardo

so i guess it sold well enough on PC for them to be happy enough to continue supporting the platform.

PC version = day 1 bought.

Robot Pants

is it too early to start a hardcore campaign to get Durante hired by From? Assuming he wants to be of course.

That'd be awesome, but if they know of his fix they will either try this time to implement it themselves (even if they don't know about it, they might try harder with the port this time), or they will just assume that he or someone else will mod it regardless.
For free.

I was holding off on which way the state of third-party Wii U support would go, but I'm hearing that our statisticians are almost ready to make a projection.

I want a Wii U version for if nothing else, the Miiverse community for it would rock so much! :D

Dark Souls fans are awesome and Miiverse is awesome, it would be a match made in *AMAZING CHEST AHEAD*

Come on Namco make it happen!

Either way, surprised From didn't save it for the start of next gen. Oh well if it means I get it quicker then ALL GOOD.

YAY! :D

Haven't had the chance to use my D-Bry gifs in ages! Wooooooo!

d-bry_yes5.gif

d0c_zaius

haha this got me. im so hype right now.

There's not really a special "obvious opening" -- what I did could be done for every other PC game, it's just that every other PC game has a resolution setting.

Anyway, I'm very positive the PC version will be better this time around and won't need fixing. I don't think it's even worth speculating about too much.

either way still thank you x1000000000000000000

Cold + Dragons = Skyrim? Wat?

Demon's Souls had two dragons and a dragon god.
Dark Souls had numerous dragons (undead dragons, dragon god, kalameet & the various drakes) and both the starting area and painted world would qualify as cold places.

Yeah, pretty much. Even just looking at the armor for a few seconds gave that impression.

heck even some of the mocap seemed reused from Dark Souls, and the rope bridge seemed straight out of the painted world. plus you can totally see anor londo.

edit: oh, beats :)

upandaway

But I assume it CAN be fixed/blocked against that exact thing that you did, right? Just logically.

Anyway yeah I hope it won't need any help this time, and you proved to them that the help is not incredibly time-consuming (understatement).

ijed

Um you do know this is NeoGAF right? What else will the next 50 pages be filled with

Valnen

I'll buy the PC version Day 1 if we don't have to hack in support for basic PC features, otherwise not paying over $20 for it.

Mxrz

Is it me or did the bridge look like something out of the Painted World of Ariamis.

There was a lot of painted world vibes. The cold look, the mask guys, the bridge, etc. Which is great since it was the best area in Dark. But new setting not much of a direct relation.

dani_dc

I'm tempted by the PC version because of mods but hackers on PC and the online community is better on PS3 makes me wanna buy the PS3 version instead.

The hackers is an overblown issue, in 100 hours of gameplay I think I encountered one hacker.
As for the community, I'm sure the fact that the game was nearly one year late release had it's influence, plus the game suffered from some networking issues (which hopefully the sequel won't have).
I'm sure that a day 1 (or close to it) release will lead to a healthier user base on PC compared to DS, hopefully the experience with DS PC port will allow them to solve the issues that the first port suffered from.

Durante

But I assume it CAN be fixed/blocked against that exact thing that you did, right? Just logically.
Well, you can make it harder. But that would actually require a lot more effort than simply adding an in-game resolution option!

Um you do know this is NeoGAF right? What else will the next 50 pages be filled with
You're right of course. I just wanted to let people know what I expect.

I think it will be a normal PC version this time around. Same assets, much better IQ and framerate, still GFWL.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The fact that the PC version isn't an afterthought this time around makes it much more likely that it has a decent budget behind it.. or wait maybe not.

Namco's all
"HEY IT SOLD DESPITE LOW BUDGET PORT. LETS DO IT AGAIN LOL"

FROM probably has little idea what a Durante is, or how a Durante saved their asses on the PC port.

But hopefully they put an intern on it at least, this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom