• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II - Graphics Comparison - PC Preview

Grief.exe

Really, can you link me to it, please .

My biggest issue is that I have 3 Screens that I use for triple screen gaming and the previous solution required me to install weird drivers for each monitor and hope for the best, DSFix 1 it was as easy as setting the resolution to a triple scren downsampled resolution and it worked.

I would suggest doing some research yourself, a common thread here. I am not as knowledgeable of the AMD process, or how to configure the issue with multiple monitors.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472941

Downsampling is essentially overclocking your monitor. Doing so across three monitors is going to be a difficult proposition.

Wait, when did it become easy for AMD? The last working method I heard of still required you to wipe your drivers, install an older version, add new resolutions with the tool, then upgrade your drivers again and pray that nothing breaks. AMD said they were working on adding support like Nvidia's, but we haven't had any updates on that in a while.

Honestly, hell if I know.

I would suggest doing some research yourself, a common thread here. I am not as knowledgeable of the AMD process, or how to configure the issue with multiple monitors.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472941

Downsampling is essentially overclocking your monitor. Doing so across three monitors is going to be a difficult proposition.

Honestly, hell if I know.

Thats why I wanted DSFix 2, downsampling with DSFix was ridicolously easy, I just entered 2 times the resolution of my 3 Monitors combined in dsfix.ini and that was that, probably wont be able to do it with DS 2, oh well.

nbthedude

Thats why I wanted DSFix 2, downsampling with DSFix was ridicolously easy, I just entered 2 times the resolution of my 3 Monitors combined in dsfix.ini and that was that, probably wont be able to do it with DS 2, oh well.

Agreed. DS1 is the only game I've ever downsampled specifically because of how easy it was and it was awesome.

No. It does very strongly indicate that there is a significant amount of higher quality assets, but I could only confirm HQ textures in my comparisons so far. And many textures being ~4 times the size could already account for the total game data increasing by ~ factor 2.
But they are not avaiable normally, right?

Does that mean we might get even higher quality textures with some tweaking? That sounds fascinating.

Orayn

Does that mean we might get even higher quality textures with some tweaking? That sounds fascinating.

I think Durante was just saying that the PC version has bigger files because it contains higher quality assets that aren't included or used at all on the console versions. There probably isn't much/any secret stuff for modders to unlock on PC.

Adaren

The textures are available normally though in-game settings.

The model quality setting didn't appear to do anything in preliminary tests, but it may just be that higher quality models aren't present in the data at all.

godrays.jpg
Looks fantastic except for the ground texture on the right lol

kinggroin

Banned
Do the cutscenes retain the super lighting and effects from the original trailer?

If so, anyway it can be applied to the rest of the game?

Top Bottom