• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II should allow invasions during Boss Battles

Kadayi

Banned
Terrible idea.

Imagine, you've almost beaten Smough and Ornstein, no Estus left, the moment of glory is near, then suddenly... Dark spirit xXdarkangel666Xx has invaded!

YOU DIED

Yeah, this would piss me off enormously. Open world, fine, I'll get invaded and fight them off. Boss battles are between me and the boss.

^This.

The one commodity none of us have enough of is time, so the notion of making what will be a challenging enough game even more challenging by throwing in invasions during boss fights (just because...harder!!!) would be a turn off tbh.

Sounds hilarious, I approve. Console gamers deserve thier own Angwe.

OH GOD. How did I not notice this post? Sputtering hate tells are the best hate tells.

angwefight.jpg

I've been wondering. For those who played Demon's Souls, How do you feel about the posibility of invading black phamtons to be frienly?

In Demon's Souls black phamtons could interact with the enemies npc, which allowed some friendly invaders to help their targets instead of killing them, Darl Souls however removed this possibility by not allowing interaction with enemies. I'm not sure what motivated this desition, but I would like to see the return of the frienly black phamton.

Of course they should make it so, that if you attack an enemy as a black phamton, then theu agro towards you (and other enemies in the área as well).

I dont thonk this would affect the game negativily, since I then to invade as a frienly but most players will try to kill me on sight, even if i do nothing

Invasion during bosses could be interesting as long as the boss attacks them as well. I'm sure some people would be like, lets co-op! 4 people vs a boss.

Ashler

Invasions during boss battles would be awesome, i'd be down with that. The idea of needing to be part of a particular covenant to be able to pass through a boss door when invading would also be a great idea (like the Darkwraith).

Off-line/hollow invasions on the other hand I don't agree. A user should have the right to play the game by themselves if they so feel like it.

Seanspeed

Banned
Invasion during bosses could be interesting as long as the boss attacks them as well.
Which would potentially make the boss fight easier if its distracted.

I say no. It sounds like an all-round bad idea, no offence.

Main thing I'd like them to add with the invasion stuff is to have more parity. Base invasions on people's win/loss record or something. Its absolutely no fun being invaded by somebody who you stand zero chance against.

As long as the boss will attempt to kill the invading phantom as well.

Probably should require a certain item or covenant to be able to pass through the boss fog if you are an invader.

First post nails it. Why would you be so averse to it if the boss attacks you both? It would be hilariously exciting.

How about players can invade during a boss as any boss of their choice? Imagine fighting Smough and Ornstein, then a bright red Capra Demon appears!

The bosses would also only focus on you and would wave to the invading boss

Top Bottom