• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III in English is now available on the Xbox One after buying on JP store

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So this comes out to be around $70 US. Not bad for 2 week+ early access.

Someone said no online though? So meaning you won't see any tips laying around or be able to leave them then, I guess? That's kind of a shame.

So this comes out to be around $70 US. Not bad for 2 week+ early access.

Someone said no online though? So meaning you won't see any tips laying around or be able to leave them then, I guess? That's kind of a shame.
Eh they'll have to release an update soon if its out in Japan they gon have to

Golgo 13

So for the people that are actually playing with English dialogue and voice on X1, how is the game so far?

GavinGT

Banned
So for the people that are actually playing with English dialogue and voice on X1, how is the game so far?

It's more Dark Souls, mostly. There are some smart additions, and some nagging issues that they didn't bother fixing. I'm immediately struck by how much the world looks like Bloodborne, but with less gothic architecture. Also it's been really easy so far (5 hours in).

Wagram

It's more Dark Souls, mostly. There are some smart additions, and some nagging issues that they didn't bother fixing. I'm immediately struck by how much the world looks like Bloodborne, but with less gothic architecture. Also it's been really easy so far (5 hours in).

Out of curiosity what method of play are you using? Melee, Sorcery, or mix?

Golgo 13

"More Dark Souls" = Amazing?

Danielsan

I really wish Bandai Namco just decided to put this out digitally WW today. Sadly I have no Xbox One, otherwise I probably would have double dipped. I have a long weekend off and would love to play this.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Actually did this and beat the first boss so far. First time I've ever gotten a game 'early' which feels pretty cool. The whole discovery aspect of these games is always one of my favorite parts but the splintered release messed with that. The OT here is going to be pretty weird this go around.

Les

Banned
Been having a lot of fun playing this game. Do we have any idea when the online functionality will be turned on?

Golgo 13

So people are still having problems getting this game, with PayPal? Is there a fool-proof method to get it quick? Seriously considering this since the kids will be out of town for the next 5 days, which happens NEVER.

Shin-chan

Melee.

I like it, but I'm not blown away.
This is the same impression I got from the network test. More of the same, which isn't a bad thing but doesn't leave me full of excitement like previous entries and Bloodborne did.

Three weeks here I come.

GavinGT

Banned
So people are still having problems getting this game, with PayPal? Is there a fool-proof method to get it quick? Seriously considering this since the kids will be out of town for the next 5 days, which happens NEVER.

I selected a credit card rather than my bank account, and it worked fine.

Hazaku

Amazon JP still have online codes for Xbox credit - http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00JTSVA12/

All you'll need is a Japanese address for both your gamertag's Japanese settings and for the Amazon code orders (since legally they're only allowed to sell them to people 'living' in Japan).

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Welp, after several hours and constant bullshit needs to reset security and passwords just so I could log into the jp website and buy the game, it's finally in the queue.

Since I never changed my xbox region, will it just download in english or do I need to stop/start it regardless?

Welp, after several hours and constant bullshit needs to reset security and passwords just so I could log into the jp website and buy the game, it's finally in the queue.

Since I never changed my xbox region, will it just download in english or do I need to stop/start it regardless?
nope just let it DL at 20% it becomes ready to start

Kamina777

Banned
Then you just finished the tutorial, the true game begins.

Mik3F

Well I never got my first set of codes so I cancelled the paypal payment and did it again

This time I signed into my MS account, selected paypal and added the address

Codes delivered instantly. game was already downloaded on my account so I added the points to my lads account and bought it that way.

Turned on my xbox and instantly unlocked and can play now in English

*I will stay strong and wait for my PS4 CE* *I will stay strong and wait for my PS4 CE* *I will stay strong and wait for my PS4 CE*
*I will stay strong and wait for my PS4 CE* *I will stay strong and wait for my PS4 CE* *I will stay strong and wait for my PS4 CE*

It's hard staying strong, especially with a self-imposed fasting of not playing anything SoulsBorne-like since finishing the Old Hunters DLC.
And the fact, that i could be playing Dark Souls 3, even in german, right now, instead of having to wait for another 20 days, isn't helpful!

G_Berry

Banned
Game runs better than I thought it would. Doesn't give me a headache like bloodborne did. If you're worried about it being shit in Xbox, don't, it's great, not perfect but still great.

I'd like to thank everybody who helped out when I was going through the process. I see that somebody has posted a full visual guide; my hat goes off to you. That will help a lot of people, and it should be added to the OP (along with a valid Japanese address to use).

I'm psyched that I have it, and started it up just to see if it ran OK, but I'm probably going to wait a week before playing it. My girlfriend goes away for a week next Thursday, so I may wait until then, as I'm going to book a week off work so I can have a full uninterrupted week of gaming time. Being able to play DS3 with zero distractions would be sweet, and who knows; maybe the patch that enables online play will be released in the meantime (though I doubt it).

I'm currently in the middle of a second playthrough of Bloodborne, and I'm not sure whether I should finish it or stop and play something else for the next week to avoid any possible burnout.

jtrov

Couldn't resist and bought it on the JPN PSN store once I got home last night. Fuck me...

Anyway, other than the character creation, the text barrier hasn't been to bad. Had one instance last night where I couldn't progress, but figured out it was due to the game not being fully installed.

Really enjoying the hell out of it and I can't wait to play more tonight. Also, Bloodborne must've prepared me to be more of a risk taker with it's lack of shields as I'm playing this game a lot more differently than I played the previous two. Hated that I relied so much on shields, so I'm enjoying the fact that has changed due to my recent playtime with Bloodborne.

nadozza

Quick question -- I've now purchased a copy from the Japanese store, but there's no way to start the download of the English version remotely, correct?

With the weather being as it is here in Toronto this going to be a looong 9 hours before I'm home...

I used the second option outlined in the kotaku article and it works just fine. Feels like the best option since you only really need to play around with the region of the Microsoft store

Still never got my original set of codes, and the MS store japan still claims my original order doesn't exist.

Cancelled the billing agreement (so they can't charge me in theory), and did the method of adding the payment to my account, picking card instead of bank, got the codes instantly, redeemed, bought on website, downloading now.

Edit: Thought my bank declined the paypal payment after I got everything, so I get to sort that out and hope nothing gets frozen.

Grady

I really wish Bandai Namco just decided to put this out digitally WW today. Sadly I have no Xbox One, otherwise I probably would have double dipped. I have a long weekend off and would love to play this.

I don't think they can from a legal/ethical standpoint, especially if they haven't shipped to retailers yet. They have inventory allocated to those stores based on pre orders. Releasing digitally would completely screw over every major gaming retailer with cancelled pre orders and over stock. Would be way to much hassle for Bandai to pull those shipments, or cancel those shipments.

E92 M3

Quick question -- I've now purchased a copy from the Japanese store, but there's no way to start the download of the English version remotely, correct?

With the weather being as it is here in Toronto this going to be a looong 9 hours before I'm home...

Your Xbox should automatically start the download if you have that setting enabled. My X1 never changed regions and just downloaded the game when I purchased it from the Japanese site.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Might be a dumb question, but just to verify before I try this. When selecting the pay pal method to purchase the point cards, can use my US credit card through paypal or do I need to transfer funds to my paypal account first for this to work?

nadozza

Might be a dumb question, but just to verify before I try this. When selecting the pay pal method to purchase the point cards, can use my US credit card through paypal or do I need to transfer funds to my paypal account first for this to work?

Your US credit card will work -- Microsoft can't see what you paid with, just that it got money from a PayPal account. It might take a while to process (took just over an hour for mine) but you'll get an email with the codes once it clears :)

I used my US credit card to pay through PayPal on the Japan MS Store, didn't have any issue.

Daximuss

Follow this:

You can ignore the last symbol on the dropdown apparently. It worked for me without it.

When I select the drop down menu, I'm not seeing those three symbols to choose. Any idea why?

This I mean

Originally Posted by TheChewyWaffles
So what prefecture do I use for the US embassy address? Have no idea which symbol to choose. Does it matter?
Follow this:
Originally Posted by Static Veins
This is the address I, and a few others here, used. Each new line is a new entry box, just follow it down:

107-8420

&#31179;&#30000;&#30476; (this is the drop down menu) <these symbols I mean>

Akasaka

1-10-5

&#26085;&#26412;

E92 M3

I had funds on PP and it was instant

Mik3F

This may be a stupid question, but why is there an English option on the JP version for Xbox One and not for the PS4?

There isn't

When you buy the JPN version, it downloads your local store version. So the language will be whatever your home store language is (english, german, french etc)

Top Bottom