• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III in English is now available on the Xbox One after buying on JP store

Barkz

Neo Member
I am confirming this still works. Did on 3/31 6pm EST. Bought codes on Microsoft JP via Paypal. Redeemed points on JP Xbox One 8000¥. Bought Game on JP Xbox Store via Xbox One. Switched back to US Xbox setting. Deleted the JP install attempt. Went to US Store via Xbox One and searched Dark Souls III and chose install.

It was WAY easier than the reports made it seem. I was terrified last week because of some people's problems. However it was super easy. Codes were instantly displayed in my browser & email.

Used the links from the page 24. I used address from the post on NeoGaf from page 24 Static Veins. I did not put in a phone number on Microsoft Store FYI. It was not needed.

Uh my game is 1.01 now? I think it was 1.00 when k bought it.

Does this mean it's at parity with PS4 version as far as difficulty is concerned?

JMY86

Does this mean it's at parity with PS4 version as far as difficulty is concerned?

Yep. I think the Japanese version may even be 1.02. The 1.01 patch adds online functionality (our servers are not turned on yet) and it also contains some stability and performance fixes. The game still kinda runs like crap in some parts. I am loving the game but can't wait for the PC version. I may even triple dip on this one as I have some friends playing on PS4.

E92 M3

Have Microsoft done anything to people who took advantage of this? I bought it, and have had my XB1 offline ever since, just in case. But I just bought a load of XBox Live credit, and want to redeem it. Can I safely switch my XB1 back online without losing Dark Souls 3 or anything?

There is nothing "to do" about it. You didn't steal the game :)

Sweet, I've been playing as slow as possible trying to drag it out. I want to invade people so badly. Hopefully online gets turned on soon lol.

E92 M3

Actual Japanese?

The Japanese version on Xbox One (and PS4) is 1.02 now. So you can't switch back to english because the version numbers still don't match

I know, just didn't understand what he meant. Most of us are just playing the English version which is 1.01 now. Didn't understand if he was playing 2 versions at once.

Sullichin

I know, just didn't understand what he meant. Most of us are just playing the English version which is 1.01 now. Didn't understand if he was playing 2 versions at once.

Oh right.
Unfortunately I don't even think there's a way to have them both installed. Once I switched to Japanese, my english game disappeared :(
(you keep the save file though)

I hope the english version updates to 1.02 soon so I can switch back

bidguy

Banned
What? Are you playing the actual Japanese version?

yes i initially played the english version, switched to the japanese version after i heard its harder. yesterday it updated to 1.02, few hours later i read that the english version is patched to 1.01 so i deleted the japanese one and downloaded to english version ...

now i gotta wait till 1.02 gets onto live servers ... or i start with a new character again ...

bidguy

Banned
i really hope so because this is gonna be my third new character.... i only ever got to the boss spoiler :
abyss watchers
and i really wanna continue now ...

Audioboxer

Yay, just done this.

I phoned MS today to try and get access to my old GT which is associated with an email address I can't access (don't know password/question), and unfortunately need to wait till next working week to get further help. Security question form to try and regain access failed.

So I just purchased on my current live account (which now has a fresh default GT) and if I get access back to my old GT I'll switch out it's name and reassign it to current.

Playing just now with a random default Xbox GT (OutlawQuasar481 lol). My Audioboxer GT only has a few thousand gamer points (no big loss).

Is there anything that can be picked up off the store with the change from 8000 yen?

Top Bottom