• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III in English is now available on the Xbox One after buying on JP store

pixxxelz

Ugh, the wait for this game is killing me! I have ton of games in my shelf that I want to play but I can't play them for more than 20 minutes, all I can think of is DS3.

Bread

Banned
Doesn't run well by any means but damn I love it. This is the first time I've had a Souls game we launch and it feels so cool to be exploring without guides, just encountering new enemies and areas for the first time.

Trey

LOL. Are you serious? Did you know that Halo takes place on a Halo?

I'll have you know good sir that the Halo series hasn't taken place on a Halo since 2007. If you would be so courteous as to tag all references to Halo taking place on a Halo - direct, tangential, or adjacent - behind their proper spoilers, we all could get on with our lives soundly.

aravuus

LOL. Are you serious? Did you know that Halo takes place on a Halo?

Terrible comparison

I don't think what they said was really a big spoiler since yeah, of course there's a forest level, but there's no need to be an obnoxious ass about it. Just use the tags, especially in a thread that's not even about the game, but about how to buy it etc.

Wagram

Apparently Oroboro beat DS3 in 24 hours doing all optional content (at least to his knowledge so he claims). Either DS3 is significantly easier than previous installments or there just isn't a ton of content. 24 hours is shorter than Bloodborne, which people considered too short.

pa22word

Make fun of me all you want, but it's not hard to use spoiler tags - they exist for a reason. And I like to play Souls games without expectations for areas.

And I'd like to read threads without them looking like a page from a FISA ruling passed down by a FOIA request.

Needlessly spoiler tagging dumb shit like that just makes it both harder to read threads and needlessly annoying because I can't even count how many times I've been actually spoiled in a souls thread because I was clicking on nigh everything to try and figure out what in the fuck someone was talking about (spoiler tagged enemies, bosses, areas, the fucking ambient lighting, etc) on something entirely unrelated.

a harpy

Does this still work? Thinking of doing it but I want to make sure. I only ask because other people have reported that MS might have stopped it, but I can't find a source.

E92 M3

And I'd like to read threads without them looking like a page from a FISA ruling passed down by a FOIA request.

Needlessly spoiler tagging dumb shit like that just makes it both harder to read threads and needlessly annoying because I can't even count how many times I've been actually spoiled in a souls thread because I was clicking on nigh everything to try and figure out what in the fuck someone was talking about (spoiler tagged enemies, bosses, areas, the fucking ambient lighting, etc) on something entirely unrelated.

That's why we have spoiler threads for people like you. Honestly, it's very easy to use spoilertags and show some forum etiquette. Secondly, this thread isn't even about the game (there is a reason some people are avoiding the other threads).

At the end of the day, better safe than ruining someone's experience.

That's why we have spoiler threads for people like you. Honestly, it's very easy to use spoilertags and show some forum etiquette. Secondly, this thread isn't even about the game (there is a reason some people are avoiding the other threads).

At the end of the day, better safe than ruining someone's experience.

Why even read this thread if you are that concerned about it, though? "I like to go in fresh but I also want to read the thread about people playing the game already" does not work anywhere if you're going to take "spoiler" that far.

Why even read this thread if you are that concerned about it, though? "I like to go in fresh but I also want to read the thread about people playing the game already" does not work anywhere if you're going to take "spoiler" that far.

Yeah, dude this is super misguided. This is a thread discussing the availability of the English version on Xbox One. A thread for people to read who plan on getting the game. The thread about "People playing the game already" is another one.

E92 M3

This is the thread about getting the game early not discussion about the game itself. Nonetheless, I have it myself but don't want this thread to be contaminated for people that are looking to get it early on the Xbox.

Apparently Oroboro beat DS3 in 24 hours doing all optional content (at least to his knowledge so he claims). Either DS3 is significantly easier than previous installments or there just isn't a ton of content. 24 hours is shorter than Bloodborne, which people considered too short.

he has also had access to more preview events than any of us did and hence has already played portions of the game so eh, to me bloodborne was more cryptic to me on where to go next and i got lost a lot more in it than i did any souls game

also who tf considered bloodborne too short? y'all need jobs

This is the thread about getting the game early not discussion about the game itself. Nonetheless, I have it myself but don't want this thread to be contaminated for people that are looking to get it early on the Xbox.

Calling that a spoiler is ludicrous though. If anyone is worried about spoilers that much, they shouldn't be in any of the threads. They shouldn't even be on tv or the Internet in case they accidentally see a commercial or off hand comment.

joshlpaige

Neo Member
Hey everybody. If anyone is still on the fence or having issues getting the points, Microsoft just approved my paypal payment three days after I "cancelled." I already have the game and have no need of these point. I will happily sell the codes to anyone for $70. This is about $2 less than I paid, so think of it as a deal :). Just DM me and we can get this rolling. Thanks.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does this still work? Thinking of doing it but I want to make sure. I only ask because other people have reported that MS might have stopped it, but I can't find a source.
I did it late last night/this morning and it worked.

joshlpaige

Neo Member

If you want points right away, I will gladly send them to you at a reduced price. I'm not trying to spam, I just got double charged on the Microsoft Store website.

a harpy

If you want points right away, I will gladly send them to you at a reduced price. I'm not trying to spam, I just got double charged on the Microsoft Store website.

So lame. I bought them RIGHT before you said that. I definitely would have taken you up on this.

Hopefully, to help you sell them, this does still work. I literally just did it.

I think i have 17 hours and I just beat
my first lord

I like to take my time exploring everything, invasions, etc... but this game is not short....not at all.

Daximuss

I just wanted to drop in and say thanks to those of you that provided the tips in this thread for getting this early on Xbox One. It is greatly appreciated.

def sim

Does this still work? Immultiple conflicting sources so just want to make sure.

Yes, it does. My buddy who I gameshare with on Xbox picked it up earlier this morning. Anyway, they're not going to upend how their region free store works over this. It's been like this since launch.

The damage is probably a thing. I'm 7 bosses I'm and my medium armor great sword set up kind of wrecks the world. I've definitely died and had close calls but I've crushed bosses people in the OT had major issues.

I am not good at souls.

usp84

lol after all the trouble some people went through to buy this game. I wouldn't want my first playthrough to be NG -1

Or maybe i am just jealous i don't know

lol after all the trouble some people went through to buy this game. I wouldn't want my first playthrough to be NG -1

Or maybe i am just jealous i don't know

I'm still enjoying it. It's still harder than ds2 and enemy behavior is on its own level. The game is great.

Golgo 13

This difficulty doesn't bother me one bit. I'm still dying plenty and still feel great when I beat a boss. *shrug*. Loving the game!

GametimeUK

Will this just matchmake me with Japanese players, or have I downloaded the actual English version? Not sure how the MS store works.

Is there any indication on when PC codes are going to be given out? I know it depends where you bought it but is there a general date? Also what about the preload?

Will this just matchmake me with Japanese players, or have I downloaded the actual English version? Not sure how the MS store works.

If you are downloading the English version from UK store, you are playing the unpatched version with no online capability, while JP version is on patch 1.01 which unlocks online and have several other tunes, it is rumored that it includes difficulty tuning which makes the game harder than the unpatched one.

Golgo 13

The English version, which is what this thread is about, doesn't have online play, yet. Expect it to be patched in near release (April 12th).

Grady

Only way I see this possible with a first play through is if he just ran through mobs of enemies to the bosses trying to rush through the game with next to no exploring.

Only way I see this possible with a first play through is if he just ran through mobs of enemies to the bosses trying to rush through the game with next to no exploring.

Yeah, also let's not forget he's one of the main streamers so he's probably really good at the game, and he's had lots of chances to get to grips with how the game plays.

Top Bottom