• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III in English is now available on the Xbox One after buying on JP store

Sanpei

Can it be ?

8eMaB.jpg

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can it be ?

8eMaB.jpg

No way they're going to ban people for this. People are spending money, paying full price for the game (regardless of what storefront it's bought on). Just because Microsoft has a region-free console that enables this doesn't mean it's the consumers' fault for taking advantage of it. Zero chance.

Especially since people have been doing it forever and as far as I know, there's never been a ban.

Calibos

Quick question...I already had the game pre-ordered for April 12th. Does this still work if I double dip in the Japanese store? Will it still give me the option to buy it if I already pre-ordered american?

sangreal

Quick question...I already had the game pre-ordered for April 12th. Does this still work if I double dip in the Japanese store? Will it still give me the option to buy it if I already pre-ordered american?

I don't think it will give you the option. You can cancel the pre-order through support

bidguy

Banned

no idea but another user here said u can chat with the support and cancel your us pre order and buy the japanese one

Golgo 13

All we can really hope for is for them to just say fuck it and release it earlier than expected.
Not happening, unfortunately. Undercutting retail is a bad, bad business move and they wouldn't dare.

If they released it early, worldwide, then the US/EU versions wouldn't affect their financial forecasts as they've carefully planned them to do.

iPanDa

Neo Member
b304bdea83587222bf100266b61f968d.png

it has been like this for more than 24h , i already contacted paypal to cancel it i'm just waiting for them to respond :(((

I think I just successfully bought this game and my console is set to auto download. I'm at work, though so I could use some advice. If I bought it on the Japanese site, and my console starts downloading something at home, what is it downloading? A Japanese version I don't want? Am I going to have to start a different download manually when I get home?

^^ To you above, I bought a 3,000 and 5,000 card with PayPal and I got the codes immediately just now.

Les

Banned
I think I just successfully bought this game and my console is set to auto download. I'm at work, though so I could use some advice. If I bought it on the Japanese site, and my console starts downloading something at home, what is it downloading? A Japanese version I don't want? Am I going to have to start a different download manually when I get home?

^^ To you above, I bought a 3,000 and 5,000 card with PayPal and I got the codes immediately just now.

English version. Did the same thing at work yesterday.

Nice. Just Facetime'd my wife who's at home and she was able to navigate to the download Queue and show me that Dark Souls 3 is indeed downloading. Can't believe it.

Calibos

no idea but another user here said u can chat with the support and cancel your us pre order and buy the japanese one

Thanks for the responses and help...IT'S WORKING!!!!

I am old, but this made me feel like a teenager hacking C64 games again!

Although playing this will suck all of that positive energy out of me later...

chris121580

Just did it. Surprised how simple it was. Thanks for providing the detailed steps! We'll see how far I get without online play though haha

bidguy

Banned
Thanks for the responses and help...IT'S WORKING!!!!

I am old, but this made me feel like a teenager hacking C64 games again!

Although playing this will suck all of that positive energy out of me later...

glad you got it sorted out have fun mate

bidguy

Banned
also for those who are scared they might get banned :

Kotaku asked Microsoft about the implications of such an action and whether users who go through the motions risk any kind of penalty on their Xbox accounts. Microsoft said that it "does not condone" such practices, but it will take no action against those who do.

so were good !

Mik3F

b304bdea83587222bf100266b61f968d.png

it has been like this for more than 24h , i already contacted paypal to cancel it i'm just waiting for them to respond :(((

Cancel it yourself, I did and then reordered the codes and got them instantly

If you press the second item, in their should be billing details. Press that and then Cancel. That will stop them taking the payment, although I very much doubt that the payment will be taken anyway

iPanDa

Neo Member
Cancel it yourself, I did and then reordered the codes and got them instantly

If you press the second item, in their should be billing details. Press that and then Cancel. That will stop them taking the payment, although I very much doubt that the payment will be taken anyway

yeah i bought another code and i got it immediately and the other one is still pending :| (BUT I DONT CARE IM DOWNLOADING THE GAME)

taoofjord

Oh shit. I caved. I bought it. :(

:)

Edit: This means I'll end up with all three versions of the game cause I'm a fucking idiot and need a physical copy to sit and look pretty next to the rest of the games in the series.

So like, still, as of this very second, I have the option of running out and buying an xbone to play Dark Souls 3. Not that I would. Doesn't matter that enough money is technically there. But it is something that I could do. Right now. ...

...kinda really wanted to play Rare Replay anyway.

Copper

So like, still, as of this very second, I have the option of running out and buying an xbone to play Dark Souls 3. Not that I would. Doesn't matter that enough money is technically there. But it is something that I could do. Right now. ...

...kinda really wanted to play Rare Replay anyway.

I would be considering that too if I didn't already buy the Japanese PSN version and was planning on getting the PC version. Oh well , playing though on Japanese is surprising not that difficult plus I get online play.

Bread

Banned
Woooo got mine installing now

it kept going to the US store on firefox so I switched to Edge and it worked first try.

E92 M3

Man, if it wasn't for this I would have been miserable. I'm selling the disc (disc only) for $35 shipped. PM me if anyone is interested.

Of course, I can only send it when I get my collector's edition.

Golgo 13

Just having tons of problems with this. All of the instructions are really vague in places. Changing your region to Japan isn't easy unless you can read Japanese -- even Google translate doesn't help and there's tons of Asian countries.

Secondly, when I was finally able to change my region through trial and error (this took awhile clicking through all the different Asian countries), I did a search for "yen cards" and got absolutely nothing. Uuuugh.

Grassy

Is everyone using alt accounts to buy the game?

Edit: Downloading it now. Used the Microsoft store instead of Amazon.

Nope, I just used my main account. There was a bit of fucking around to get it done, but so worth it to be playing in English(I also have the PS4 JP version).

Just having tons of problems with this. All of the instructions are really vague in places. Changing your region to Japan isn't easy unless you can read Japanese -- even Google translate doesn't help and there's tons of Asian countries.

Secondly, when I was finally able to change my region through trial and error (this took awhile clicking through all the different Asian countries), I did a search for "yen cards" and got absolutely nothing. Uuuugh.

Are you using the steps in this post? You should have no dramas with this method: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199059472&highlight=#post199059472

Golgo 13

Nope, I just used my main account. There was a bit of fucking around to get it done, but so worth it to be playing in English(I also have the PS4 JP version).

Are you using the steps in this post? You should have no dramas with this method: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199059472&highlight=#post199059472

The post is one of the more helpful ones, but the hardest part is address entry. Entering perfectures, even with Google translate on full blast is impossible.

And somehow the phone numbers that are provided on both Reddit and here DO NOT work. What it's basically done is sent me back to the re-entry page 3 times in a row after I hit complete, without specifically telling me what's wrong with the entries.

Also, entering the information on the screen he displays only takes you to a Paypal login screen where you have to enter it all again. Really don't see how people are gleefully flying through this, but good for them.

Jobbs

Banned
will this digital copy of the game, upon US release in 3 weeks, be effectively the same as if you bought it from the NA store? Will it be able to patch and connect online as a US setting? as of now it still doesn't connect if US

Grassy

The post is one of the more helpful ones, but the hardest part is address entry. Entering perfectures, even with Google translate on full blast is impossible.

And somehow the phone numbers that are provided on both Reddit and here DO NOT work. What it's basically done is sent me back to the re-entry page 3 times in a row after I hit complete, without specifically telling me what's wrong with the entries.

Also, entering the information on the screen he displays only takes you to a Paypal login screen where you have to enter it all again. Really don't see how people are gleefully flying through this, but good for them.

Hmm I used the address details provided on Reddit and had no issues with the phone number or anything else. Did you put the area code in separately in the first box? Then enter the main part of the phone number as a whole number ie. with no dashes/spaces?

This is EXACTLY how I entered my address details:

Address line 1
1-10-5 Akasaka

Address line 2

City
Minato-ku

State/Province
東京都 (although it just shows as 東京 in the drop-down menu)

Country/Region
Japan

Zip/Postal code
107-8420

Telephone
(03) 32245000

Maybe try with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers?

Golgo 13

Hmm I used the address details provided on Reddit and had no issues with the phone number or anything else. Did you put the area code in separately in the first box? Then enter the main part of the phone number as a whole number ie. with no dashes/spaces? The most difficult part was find 'Tokyo" in the drop down box, it looks like this - 東京

Maybe try with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers?

Finally got it to work on the 3rd try. I think my problem was not linking my existing PayPal account to Japan, which I thought I did but apparently it didn't work the first time. Downloading now! Hype!!

Edit: ^^^ That's very helpful for other people who want to this. Thank you for posting that.

Grassy

Finally got it to work on the 3rd try. I think my problem was not linking my existing PayPal account to Japan, which I thought I did but apparently it didn't work the first time. Downloading now! Hype!!

Edit: ^^^ That's very helpful for other people who want to this. Thank you for posting that.

All good, have fun.

will this digital copy of the game, upon US release in 3 weeks, be effectively the same as if you bought it from the NA store? Will it be able to patch and connect online as a US setting? as of now it still doesn't connect if US

Well it is the NA version. I noticed on the Xbone DS3 title screen it is 'version 1.00', whereas the PS4 JP(and Xbone JP version no doubt) show 'version 1.01', so patch 1.01 probably enables online functionality(and bug fixes).

I noticed that I can upload screenshots and videos of the game with my console set to English now. Before I could only do it with it set to Japanese. This seems like something they needed to allow manually. I think they just accepted that the English version is getting played now.

E92 M3

I noticed that I can upload screenshots and videos of the game with my console set to English now. Before I could only do it with it set to Japanese. This seems like something they needed to allow manually. I think they just accepted that the English version is getting played now.

Hopefully they release the online patch soon. I still haven't found any soapstones or anything like that yet. Would suck if they are only found when the game is online, but I doubt it.

Was this posted? I think this confirms that Namco don't care, they just warn you that it's unpatched.

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/25/dark-souls-3-publisher-warns-players/
We would like to take this opportunity to inform Dark Souls III fans that any gameplay they may experience prior to the official April 12th release date for the game will not be complete.

The international version of the game currently does not have its multiplayer capabilities activated, nor does it include the contents of a planned day-one patch that will deliver further optimization of the game. Players will be able to download the day-one patch on April 12th, the official international release date for Dark Souls III.

Top Bottom