• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Kazuhira

Ok,i've mastered
the first phase against Friede.
Now i'm struggling with the 2nd one,any tips? It seems i do more damage to Ariandel so think i need to focus on him.

Chitown B

I'm having a problem with Greirat. I've told him a couple times now to go out and pillage, through my game so far. He never seems to, because he never has new wares. I've now killed
Pontiff Sulyvahn
. That's where I'm at. Whenever I go see him he complains I haven't let him pillage, but I did say to! Ugh. I can't buy any new items from him. Any ideas? I've already made friends with
Patches
and he is a vendor. I've also
talked to Siegward in Irithyll

edit: this has better info. it says you have to defeat any boss. But I have defeated many after telling him to go, and yet he hasn't.

http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/greirat-of-the-undead-settlement

Anyone on Steam able to help me with the Vertebrae Shackles? Just need to let me kill you a few times. I've been trying to do it via "natural" PVP but all I ever seem to get are weird fight clubs where no one actually fights until they all attack me on some unspoken signal.

Chitown B

so I got Greirat to leave and come back.
I sent him out again and have Siegward waiting to help him out - but I have no bosses left to beat before I get to Ithryll Dungeon, in order to get him back. What to do?

Hollycat

so I got Greirat to leave and come back.
I sent him out again and have Siegward waiting to help him out - but I have no bosses left to beat before I get to Ithryll Dungeon, in order to get him back. What to do?
Preempt the dancer fight by attacking the NPC who gave you a banner

Doomsayer

Ended up flying through Ashes yesterday night. It was pretty fun, but definitely short. Though the environments and the knights more than made up for it. Plus that final boss, whew.

Phase one was difficult at first, but I ended up getting that pattern down pretty quickly. Phase two was kind of lame and phase three was insane. I really enjoyed this fight.

Instead of moving to NG+ I'm going to start a new character. I think I'm going to do a STR build or possibly a caster.

Chitown B

Ended up flying through Ashes yesterday night. It was pretty fun, but definitely short. Though the environments and the knights more than made up for it. Plus that final boss, whew.

Phase one was difficult at first, but I ended up getting that pattern down pretty quickly. Phase two was kind of lame and phase three was insane. I really enjoyed this fight.

Instead of moving to NG+ I'm going to start a new character. I think I'm going to do a STR build or possibly a caster.

Why don't you just go to Rosaria and respec, and then do a NG+

Doomsayer

Why don't you just go to Rosaria and respec, and then do a NG+

I already started my next journey and got to the shrine. I just didn't want to do NG+ right now with this character.

I've never played a caster in any Souls games so I figure why not give it a shot?

Hollycat

thanks! good call.
I hear that's a tough fight though. Or do I just then not get that fight and just kill that NPC? Does she turn into the Dancer if you hit her?
The
dancer appears upon her death, whether you kill her or she dies for other reasons. Defeating dancer also opens up the path to a couple other areas

I find that boss one of the easiest but a lot of people struggle with them. Bring a fast weapon and remember to dodge. Blocking will get you killed.

ReaperXL7

This is a weird question I guess but does anyone know off hand how big the file size for the updates is on PS4? I am probably finally going to pick up DS3 but I'm without a reliable connection at the moment and will l need to use up my hot spot to download the update information unless it's over my cap.

I used to love Dark Souls but, for some reason, after Bloodborne my passion for the game drop significantly up to the point that I haven't played DS3 despite having it preordered and installed on my console even before release.

I tend to attribute that change to my unwillingness to play frustrating games. Currently I have less time to play and don't want it to be stressful.

However, I watched the last vattidivia video about the giant king and made me remember how awesome was the seeting and the stories within. So, I turn to Souls gaf to ask, what can I do to rekindle the flame?

Chitown B

Currently I have less time to play and don't want it to be stressful.

I know that feel. Two things:

1) Try to stop caring about dying or losing souls. Just play casually. If you die, who cares?

2) Play co-op. Much more fun. Not as difficult, and jolly co-op conversations.

grmlin

I used to love Dark Souls but, for some reason, after Bloodborne my passion for the game drop significantly up to the point that I haven't played DS3 despite having it preordered and installed on my console even before release.

I tend to attribute that change to my unwillingness to play frustrating games. Currently I have less time to play and don't want it to be stressful.

However, I watched the last vattidivia video about the giant king and made me remember how awesome was the seeting and the stories within. So, I turn to Souls gaf to ask, what can I do to rekindle the flame?

Play it! I played it after beating Bloodborne + DLC and loved it.
The really tough bosses are later in the game. Not too stressful I think.

Chitown B

Does anyone know of the Eyes of the Firekeeper carry over to NG+? If I don't use them. I'm going for the Usurper ending this first run.

I know that feel. Two things:

1) Try to stop caring about dying or losing souls. Just play casually. If you die, who cares?

2) Play co-op. Much more fun. Not as difficult, and jolly co-op conversations.
I forgot now you can play with voice chat. Are you still impeded to play with friends due to the level restriction?

Regarding not caring about losing, I remember Dark Souls 1 and 2 has a penalization for losing, halving your HP and gradually reducing it, wich added a lot to the frustation. Bloodborne doesn't have that issue. How's DS3?

Chitown B

I forgot now you can play with voice chat. Are you still impeded to play with friends due to the level restriction?

Regarding not caring about losing, I remember Dark Souls 1 and 2 has a penalization for losing, halving your HP and gradually reducing it, wich added a lot to the frustation. Bloodborne doesn't have that issue. How's DS3?

1) level is restricted slighty (but not soul memory, that no longer exists like it did in DS2). But it's a decent range. Also you can have friends jump in and just be leveled down to your level if they're too high. So, not really restricted anymore.

2) DS1 didn't have that penalty (Demons Souls did) and then DS2 had it. DS3 no longer has that. You just get more health if you're embered (human). You may be thinking of curse in DS1.

It's really friendly for co-op. I've been playing through with a friend the whole way so far.

Anustart

Anyone have any tips for the prince fight as a level 1? I'm getting trounced. Most difficulty i've had yet. First phase is pretty much easy peasy, but then right when phase 2 starts, it seems theres a 50/50 shot you'll die right away since I have to roll away from the incoming magic, if he teleports the direction i'm rolling, dead.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone have any tips for the prince fight as a level 1? I'm getting trounced. Most difficulty i've had yet. First phase is pretty much easy peasy, but then right when phase 2 starts, it seems theres a 50/50 shot you'll die right away since I have to roll away from the incoming magic, if he teleports the direction i'm rolling, dead.
git gud

Seriously I have no idea, I struggle against that boss even when fully levelled up and powered up, lol. Kudos on making it this far at SL1 to begin with. I've done Dark Souls 1 at SL 1, but I can't even imagine doing the other games like that. Which is kind of why I feel DS1 is probably the easiest of the series, in a way. xD

6for8

Prisoner's chain and chloranthy ring for the stamina. My deaths would often be a result of running out of stamina and not able to roll. I would roll into the boss and stick to the back getting 1-2 hits in, sometime skipping an attack to let the stamina recharge.

I assume its the little beads that give you the problem and not the spears. When they are active, keep rolling but ignore them if the boss warps and time his warp with a roll instead. Your roll for the boss slam should avoid the balls unless your are really unlucky.

Random plays a part as well. I had one melee fight with them with stats lower than a lvl1 and I don't remember the beads showing up at all and the fight was long as I picked the Anri sword as my weapon.

Other rings to consider are the magic stoneplate ring for the random bead or the flame one if it is the sword that is hitting you. Lloyd's ring for the damage boost if you have been at full hp.

Play the game in 5.1, helps you keep track of where he is after a warp;)

edgefusion

Getting my ass repeatedly handed to me in Boreal Valley :/ Level 53 and I chug through all 9 of my estus flasks by the time I get to the second fire throwing guy (on the balcony). I think I've hit a difficulty spike that I'm not capable of meeting as a gamer, I want to continue on but it's just too hard for me.

Sarcasm

Getting my ass repeatedly handed to me in Boreal Valley :/ Level 53 and I chug through all 9 of my estus flasks by the time I get to the second fire throwing guy (on the balcony). I think I've hit a difficulty spike that I'm not capable of meeting as a gamer, I want to continue on but it's just too hard for me.

Exactly what is your style? Do you have enough stam/hp?

edgefusion

Exactly what is your style? Do you have enough stam/hp?

I use a Glaive 2-handed, which has worked out really nicely up until now. 20 vigor and 17 endurance, not feeling like low Stamina is an issue but I don't know if health could be? I get moderately wrecked by the knights then finished off by the fire-spamming guys as I find it really hard to dodge their attacks. I'm learning to deal with the knights but the fire-guys are a brick wall.

Sarcasm

I use a Glaive 2-handed, which has worked out really nicely up until now. 20 vigor and 17 endurance, not feeling like low Stamina is an issue but I don't know if health could be? I get moderately wrecked by the knights then finished off by the fire-spamming guys as I find it really hard to dodge their attacks. I'm learning to deal with the knights but the fire-guys are a brick wall.

I just rushed the fire dudes. For the knights pulled them.

This with less than 50% equip load and no shield.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Do you fatroll? If you're not using a shield you need to be able to dodge fast, so make sure you're under 70% equip burden.

Your VIG is indeed low I think, but it should be doable to make it to the next bonfire without running out of estus.

That whole section has surprisingly difficult regular mobs. You should level up vig and end a bit. And then just use a guide/map and charge it to the items you want to pickup and to the shortcut gate. You don't have to kill all those guys. After the boss, who is also fairly difficult, the mobs in the next areas change.

grmlin

Use a bow and pull them one by one. Back off if the fire spells still reach you. Do it slow.

Fire witches need to be rushed though, not too hard if they are alone.

Persona7

Banned
Is it just me or is anyone noticing more hitching,frame drops and texture pop in after the latest update on PS4? I've invaded in the same few areas since launch and don't remember it ever being this bad.

Does anyone know when I can talk to Rosaria so I don't ruin the sirris questline? she already pledged loyalty to me or whatever but I don't know if the quest line is over or if I have to wait until the last event to get the items from the grave. I forgot how I did this in my other files.

edgefusion

Thanks for the tips guys. I re-specced at Rosaria to put some more points into vigor and endurance and I'm now finally making headway into the valley. Using an Arbalest I obtained earlier to aggro enemies from a distance. Came in very useful at the room full of invisible dudes! I'll be glad to be out of this place though...

Chitown B

farming for Proof of CK at Anor Londo. Symbol, Gold Serpent Ring, Rusted Coins. Been farming an hour with one single PoCK. This is bullshit.

grmlin

farming for Proof of CK at Anor Londo. Symbol, Gold Serpent Ring, Rusted Coins. Been farming an hour with one single PoCK. This is bullshit.

I did it in small sessions. If I got one or two I stopped. Took forever but didn't kill all the enjoyment I had with the game.

Chitown B

I did it in small sessions. If I got one or two I stopped. Took forever but didn't kill all the enjoyment I had with the game.

Thanks. Since posting I've gotten like 5. But it's been a long grind. Finally got enough for 10. Now i'm switching to the vertebrae shackles to change it up. Haven't seen one after 10 tries. I feel like the drop rate in DS3 is some bullshit.

grmlin

Thanks. Since posting I've gotten like 5. But it's been a long grind. Finally got enough for 10. Now i'm switching to the vertebrae shackles to change it up. Haven't seen one after 10 tries. I feel like the drop rate in DS3 is some bullshit.
It is.

Good luck!

Do you think it's possible for someone to beat the game with the original, default longsword you get as a knight at the start of the game? (Provided that you upgrade it at the blacksmith.)

grmlin

Do you think it's possible for someone to beat the game with the original, default longsword you get as a knight at the start of the game? (Provided that you upgrade it at the blacksmith.)

People beat this game with their bare fists, so yes, of course.

The longsword is fine, as most short swords ;)

Top Bottom