• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Grief.exe

Just give me half an hour to see if I can't fix the double scale.

Take your time man. Don't worry about us. We can handle the low resolution until you figure everything out. Even as it is now will be fine, if you go the extra mile then it will be even better.

We are so proud of you.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Just give me half an hour to see if I can't fix the double scale.
Like others have said, take all the time you need. No pressure; if you can do it, that'd be great. Otherwise the progress you've made is at least an improvement, and we're thankful for it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

So the game isn't even 720p? :x

It has never been.

Most console games aren't 720p. They HAVE TO output that resolution at minimum (on the Xbox 360 that is), but they almost never render at that resolution (they render at a lower resolution and just scale it to 720p).

The fact that they're rendering at 1024x720, upscaling it to 1280x720 (like they would on the 360) and THEN upscaling it AGAIN to whatever resolution you chose in the configuration screen is even more absurd, as opposed to simply scaling that 1024x720 to wahtever resolution you chose.

Sethos

Banned
It is the most vile looking game I have played in the last 10 years.

I can't wait for your fix man, take your time and perfect it.

Tain

Most console games aren't 720p. They HAVE TO output that resolution at minimum (on the Xbox 360 that is), but they almost never render at that resolution (they render at a lower resolution and just scale it to 720p).

Where's your source on the "most" part? "Many", sure, but not "most".

Durante

Native 1080p
data2012-08-2401-24-0c4qnh.png

Woot. I'm going to be downscaling from 2560x1440. Now all we need is some AA :)

Great work Durante. I'll chuck $5 your way right now.

Edit: It would be fantastic if those that could, donated like $2 to Durante. Spread the GAF PC gaming love.

Top Bottom