• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

PewPewK

Would it be possible to us FXAA injector to sharpen it up a little more, too? I figure a combination of this and FXAA/SMAA/whatever else could fix all our little "resolution" worries.

Also damn that was a fast fix (as I imagined it would be).

The only sad part is that people are now buying this shitty port and are just letting developers get away with it. "The community will fix it". Sigh...

This is what's tearing me between buying this and not buying this. I had zero intention of buying this at launch even though I'm a huge fan of Demon's Souls precisely because of this crap. Now that it's getting fixed I'm extremely tempted to jump now but I'm essentially just giving FROM an extra sale now that's not at all deserved.

If only I could buy the game proper for like 10 dollars and give the rest to Durante. He's really the reason why I'd buy the game now if I do jump on it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Durante
I'm taking it FROM here
(Today, 11:04 PM
aWinner.gif

Durante

Again, I'd really prefer to keep the discussion away from what FROM should/could have done.

1) We don't know yet if this works for the entire game
2) We don't know the circumstances of the port
3) Even if they did mess up, it doesn't help much to point and laugh

Raxus

Again, I'd really prefer to keep the discussion away from what FROM should/could have done.

1) We don't know yet if this works for the entire game
2) We don't know the circumstances of the port
3) Even if they did mess up, it doesn't help much to point and laugh

Thank you.

Also, thank you for your work as well, it looks fantastic. Keep it up.

lexi

Banned
I was sort of expecting a Day 1 fix but very pleased to see it was a GAFfer. Well done Durante. :)

Doesn't every dev get one free patch/update and then have to pay for all the ones after that? They could break this in their freebie to spite everyone.

Like they would even know how to. I wouldn't worry about it.

Varna

FROM should send Durante something... anything as a thank you for his work. Guy is making them money.

Just purchased (I had canceled my order earlier this week).

Durante

People really shouldn't order the game and expect to play the whole thing at high res just yet.

Again: No one knows yet how well (or if at all) this works for the entire game!

If you're unsure, wait a day or two for feedback!

People really shouldn't order the game and expect to play the whole thing at high res just yet.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.
The current hype is a liiittle crazy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, GAF fixed Dark Souls PC? Sweet. Thanks, Durante!

I'll let people put this through its paces for a day or two to see how it affects the whole game before I decide to jump in on the port.

Zomba13

Exactly what I'm doing.

LiK

no need for more warnings. people should know it's not perfected from OP. :)

Sophia

I DID read the OP. He said 'soon'. I thought they may have been posted later in the thread, or elsewhere.

I'm sure Durante is not so careless as to post the link deep in a thread. He seems to be on top of things. :D

I can only hope that his fix works all the way through. I'm on the fence now.

JVIDICAN

Great job man! Should have the download link only visible by quote or something for the first hour. Give members a chance to grab it before it gets hammered to hell. Unless you think wherever its being hosted can handle it of course. :p

Top Bottom