• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublimit

Banned
Doomrider said:
I would imagine all the "Prologue" stuff we've seen so far is part of the intro (if not the intro itself). And it looks pretty sweet.

I think the prologue videos will start after we press "New Game."
If they have a full CG intro it will probably play before the "press start" option.Some scenes from the Ignition trailer were CG so hopefully they are part of a fully CG intro that we haven't seen yet.

Foffy said:
For those who don't mind spoilers, there's a stream going on.

Oh dear, his game froze..

Pack it up! It's over :(

On a different note, this is so reminiscent to how pre-release of Demon's played out for me. Watching some of the Japanese players streams while the shipping allocation problem got sorted out...

Fucking great memories, wow. *Swoon*

sublimit said:
I hope the game has a full CG intro video like the one in Demon's Souls,i loved that one!

I didn't put it up as to avoid story spoilers, but this is from TGS...

"Intro Cinematic"
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-dark-souls/720817

Prologue, as you mentioned.

hnnnngggg, fucking enemy design is so so good. godly.

Stream cut out, most of the time he just stood there fixing sound. Still, people have no idea whats coming... :D :D

Foffy

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
hnnnngggg, fucking enemy design is so so good. godly.

Stream cut out, most of the time he just stood there fixing sound. Still, people have no idea whats coming... :D :D

His stream's over now. I think it had to do with English users posting in the chatroom. Once they started, he disabled the text-to-speech program he was using, and then packed it up a few minutes later.

EDIT: He's back.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I've got the CE preordered on Amazon with release day shipping. Could anyone perhaps tell me what day it's likely to ship? I need to know when I'm going to be charged for it. If it's the 3rd, that's fine. Sooner, might have a problem.

Madrical

Banned
Looove the new subtitle. Christ, I can't wait for this game. Silly me thought it was out in Australia this week. Sigh! Got my hopes up for nothing. T_T

Foffy said:
His stream's over now. I think it had to do with English users posting in the chatroom. Once they started, he disabled the text-to-speech program he was using, and then packed it up a few minutes later.

EDIT: He's back.

:lol, wonder why he did that? Didn't want them around?

Seems like he locked it out to "community" members only...

The_Monk

Seraphis Cain said:
So I've got the CE preordered on Amazon with release day shipping. Could anyone perhaps tell me what day it's likely to ship? I need to know when I'm going to be charged for it. If it's the 3rd, that's fine. Sooner, might have a problem.

I believe that you will be charged when the product gets dispatched. So if you can, check the "estimate dispatch day" and that is the day they will charge you. It might happen one day earlier at most, so I believe so you are probably safe, sir. ;)

At least with Amazon.uk it's always like that for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
whats all this talk of special/collectors editions? The only one I can see on amazon UK and other places is the special edition. I don't particularly want/need a soundtrack other than if I want to crash my car in despair - and would prefer the price to be lower but it seems there is only one version.

is the downloadable guide likely to be a pdf? At least then I could have it on my ipad at my side. While I weep.

Foffy

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
:lol, wonder why he did that? Didn't want them around?

Seems like he locked it out to "community" members only...

Weird...I can still watch it.

He was also fighting a boss not fought in any of the footage we've seen posted so far on Youtube, so there's spoilers abound.

oracrest

Canova said:
is there any English subtitle in the JPN version?

I am not sure, but with the item icons, and (hopefully) an equipment screen similar to Demon's Souls, I hope I can just wing it and get by alright...

Orayn

Most or all of the first print run of the game consists of the collector's edition, which comes in secial packaging and includes extra goodies. Last I heard, Europe was getting a cardboard box, physical strategy guide, artbook, digital soundtrack, and digital making-of documentary. North America is getting that, but with a metal case and a PDF game guide. Australia's includes a wall scroll, but I'm not sure which it more closely resembles otherwise.

oracrest said:
I am not sure, but with the item icons, and (hopefully) an equipment screen similar to Demon's Souls, I hope I can just wing it and get by alright...

Watching the stream right now, icons, level area names, menus, etc are all in Japanese. There's a few members here in Japan, Zeal, worldrevolution, who are going to help out us importers with translations if we need it. We'll have to set up a chat or something :)

One of the Japanese trailers with voice overs were in English with Japanese subtitles so I'm expecting that at least.

@ ironcreed: Use this link Watch

Canova

Banned
oracrest said:

I see.

If there's a confirmation that there's subtitle or english texts, then I would import. if not I'll wait painfully for the Oct 4th

Links down again/locked out or something. Oh well...

Canova said:
I see.

If there's a confirmation that there's subtitle or english texts, then I would import. if not I'll wait painfully for the Oct 4th

Was just watching a stream from a JPN copy, no English menu text and the like that I saw.

Foffy

Banned
I think it's over now..someone on GameFAQs was saying the user's time was up streaming. But that boss...
seems like a fucking nightmare for melee users.

There IS English dialog in the JP version, by the way guys.

Foffy said:
I think it's over now..someone on GameFAQs was saying the user's time was up streaming. But that boss...
seems like a fucking nightmare for melee users.

Yea, I saw that. Was absolutely crazy. The concept too, was just terrifying.

Foffy

Banned
kyubajin said:
I see two doors, for normal and premium members but when I click nothing happens.

Yeah, I think you have to register. It's weird, some streams can casually be watched, and some require accounts.

I made my account years ago, so sadly I don't think I recall how to set one up properly. ):

Totalriot said:
Do you have to click anywhere or is the video supposed to start immediately?

It's supposed to come up normally.

oracrest

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Really amazing covers! Mind if I add them to the OT?

Here's a banner for you...

customcovers.png

ironcreed

Banned
Just signed up as well and all I see is a closed white door and a closed yellow door and cannot click on either. The game is not even out here yet and it is already torturing me, lol. Oh well, all in good time.

Foffy

Banned
Okay, I think I know of a solution for you guys. You guys have to join his community. There should be some option on his page, and once you join, you gain access to the videos.

Clicking on the the red button on this page should bring you to his current stream. When it goes down, go back to his page and keep refreshing for the icon. You NEED to have joined his community, or else you get stuck.

Hope that helps. That's what people are saying on GameFAQs is the solution.

ironcreed

Banned
Foffy said:
Okay, I think I know of a solution for you guys. You guys have to join his community. There should be some option on his page, and once you join, you gain access to the videos.

Clicking on the the red button on this page should bring you to his current stream. When it goes down, go back to his page and keep refreshing for the icon. You NEED to have joined his community, or else you get stuck.

Hope that helps. That's what people are saying on GameFAQs is the solution.

Boom, I'm in. I actually had to click the text in blue that is right before the red button and it took me right to it.

ironcreed

Banned
The forest and cave area really gives me a heavy King's Field: The Ancient City vibe. Which means I am more than likely going to love this even more than Demon's Souls. A very good sign indeed.

Foffy

Banned
You're all very welcome. I figure you're all just as hyped as I am.

Let's all try to not let the whole game be spoiled for us, now. :3

Orayn

Oh God, I started watching but had to stop so keep myself from getting excessively spoiled and/or hyped.

Also, Jaan has Circle as their use button and X as dodge/run? Lucky jerks! :( We really do need to start that Tweet-bombardment of @filthierich to get remapping patched into the NA/EU versions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom