• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

man, you guys are blowin by watching these streams!
i don't want to know what i'm in for. having each new area in demon's souls be new was a big part of the fun

Doomrider

EasyMode said:
Ouch. He died to that boss even faster the second time. :lol

I thought the boss was too big to follow him into the stairs.... Guess I was wrong. And there's so little space in there, damn.

Orayn

mattp said:
man, you guys are blowin by watching these streams!
i don't want to know what i'm in for. having each new area in demon's souls be new was a big part of the fun
I'm trying to keep myself nice and unspoiled too.
Thankfully, the guy is in an area that we've already seen in screenshots, so no new ground is being covered.

Foffy

Banned
electroshockwave said:
What does the purple bar occasionally on the middle of screen mean?

Your risk at being afflicted with a status. Consider it an indicator for status effects, unlike the behind-the-scenes take of Demon's Souls.

Not all status effects have a bar, though. Like
being hit with a slow spell

Orayn

The_Monk said:
Anyone have an idea of how much spaced are those campfires that work as a checkpoint?
I've heard various guesses, but 10-15 minutes of normal traveling and light fighting seems to be the median estimate.

Foffy said:
Your risk at being afflicted with a status. Consider it an indicator for status effects, unlike the behind-the-scenes take of Demon's Souls.

Not all status effects have a bar, though. Like
being hit with a slow spell
So if you were running through the poison swamp in Demon's Souls you would see it gradually fill up until you were poisoned?

mattp

Orayn said:
I'm trying to keep myself nice and unspoiled too.
Thankfully, the guy is in an area that we've already seen in screenshots, so no new ground is being covered.
stay strong!
it's gonna be so much better on your first playthrough if you don't know what to expect (enemy placement, etc)

Doomrider

Nooooo. The guy was doing just fine this time, too. Small room+fast boss with decent reach=ouch. This game.

Still, its attack patterns seem simple enough...

The_Monk

Orayn said:
I've heard various guesses, but 10-15 minutes of normal traveling and light fighting seems to be the median estimate.

Thank you for answering, sir.

Damn, my heart was crazy only by watching the boss fight. The music surely does not make things easier... I wonder how stressed I'm going to be when I'll be playing this.

EasyMode

Doomrider said:
Nooooo. The guy was doing just fine this time, too. Small room+fast boss with decent reach=ouch. This game.

Still, its attack patterns seem simple enough...

Yeah, he got the boss below 50%. I wonder how early in the game this is. This boss looks a bit harder than Penetrator in Demon's Souls.

Seriously watching these streams brings me back to the feeling I had in Feb 09... Fucking nostalgia Creeping up on me. Can't believe the game is out in a few days

Foffy

Banned
EasyMode said:
Yeah, he got the boss below 50%. I wonder how early in the game this is. This boss looks a bit harder than Penetrator in Demon's Souls.

Currently he's in one of the six or so starting locations after the tutorial, IIRC. That was based on a preview that was written by a Demon's Souls player who got to try the final build.

I've only seen footage of this area, so either the other areas unlock after this one, or everyone is starting here, for some reason.

The_Monk

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Seriously watching these streams brings me back to the feeling I had in Feb 09... Fucking nostalgia Creeping up on me. Can't believe the game is out in a few days

Same! And the winter is coming, it's getting colder every day and with this game it will be the best experience!

I'll be playing with a blanket around me...lol it will make me feel safer!

Doomrider

EasyMode said:

Yeah, that's a good comparison!

And he lost again... I was hopeful he was gonna defeat him this time. Oh well. That's it for me; now to wait for the game.

kyubajin

Please excuse the rough editing but here's a guide to register to Niconico in case anyone needs it.

1accountregistration.png

2normalaccount.png

3mailaddress.png

4accountinfo.png

5capcha.png

6accountready.png

Dunan

The_Monk said:
Same! And the winter is coming, it's getting colder every day and with this game it will be the best experience!

I'll be playing with a blanket around me...lol it will make me feel safer!

Never thought I'd have much good to say about the thin, uninsulated walls of a typical Japanese apartment building like the one I live in, but that's one right there: a better Dark Souls experience!

Maybe I'll get an extension cord, bring the console and TV up to the roof, putting them under a plastic sheet to keep the rain off, and then play it under the cold wind and rain
leaving most of my clothes behind, as a Deprived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom