• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

Raide said:
Had my first Dark Souls dream last night, and I have not even played it yet.

I was at E3 and From Software got onto the stage, dressed as soldiers, and they announced that DICE was helping them make Dark Souls. I then see a screen of 32v32 Dark Souls battles with exploding scenery...

Ha, so funny. I had a dream the other night too. I don't think I got passed character customization though... Ha.

Tain

I just realized, the North American release of this game might not work in my 360. Does anyone know if the Japanese disc is all-regions? I would assume the American one would be too, if that's the case.

Santiako

Tain said:
I just realized, the North American release of this game might not work in my 360. Does anyone know if the Japanese disc is all-regions? I would assume the American one would be too, if that's the case.
There is no japanese 360 version.

Okay in regards to what's changed in PVP;
if who healed fastest was who used to win PVP battles in Demon's souls, doesn't that mean the host is always going to win now given they're the only one that can heal?

Zeliard

Spirit of Jazz said:
if who healed fastest was who used to win PVP battles in Demon's souls, doesn't that mean the host is always going to win now given they're the only one that can heal?

Puts that much more pressure on the invader to be a lot more aggressive, which should lead to more enjoyable and much faster-paced PVP.

Foffy said:
He got cocky...and then greatness happened.
should of seen earlier. there where like 4 min dragons cock blocking this ladder he was trying to get down. THe dude did a epic jump attack down 50 ft and then got owned. i lold

EasyMode

Actually that has me wondering...

For those who have been watching the streams: have you seen any equivalent to crystal lizards in this game?

Foffy

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
should of seen earlier. there where like 4 min dragons cock blocking this later he was trying to get down. THe dude did a epic jump attack down 50 ft and then got owned. i lold

That was great too.

And what JUST happened to him, while bad (froze game) it is funny because it's as if the game is preventing him from winning.

Orayn

Spirit of Jazz said:
Call it a home field advantage. :p
The host's capacity for healing is still a lot less than in DS, though. You've only got ~10 flasks and a relatively small number of charges on healing spells, and going to a campfire will get you backstabbed.

Zeliard

Orayn said:
The host's capacity for healing is still a lot less than in DS, though. You've only got ~10 flasks and a relatively small number of charges on healing spells, and going to a campfire will get you backstabbed.

Invaders can also still
heal with spells, I believe.

So the game is one huge world and there's no level hub? game just drops you in a level to start and you just explore from there? i haven't followed since the announcement and now lol.

wotter

Einbroch said:
What does the number in the upper left corner mean?
your current humanity

So the game is one huge world and there's no level hub? game just drops you in a level to start and you just explore from there? i haven't followed since the announcement and now lol.
Yes

Foffy

Banned
DMPrince said:

Yep. It's back the approach found in King's Field, considered a predecessor to Dark Souls and Demon's Souls.

In fact
it seems the dragon from that series is in the game, so they may exist in the same dark universe.

kvn said:
Ok now that was the perfect time to freeze. I really hope this is a preview build problem or something.

What are you guys seeing? I've been watching since the first stream was posted yesterday and have 3 streams playing right now and I've not seen any crashes. Unless you see them exiting into the XMB then you're probably just confusing the stream freezing for the game freezing.

Einbroch said:
What does the number in the upper left corner mean?

Your humanity, is the new character tendency, of course it does have very different consequences and works different.

I don't know exactly how, trying to keep the experience fresh.

weekend_warrior said:
What are you guys seeing? I've been watching since the first stream was posted yesterday and have 3 streams playing right now and I've not seen any crashes. Unless you see them exiting into the XMB then you're probably just confusing the stream freezing for the game freezing.

I watched 2 streams, and both had freezes at some point. Clearly somethins is going on.

Orayn

DMPrince said:
The "levels" stiill have names, bosses, and distinct visual styles, but yeah, they're physically linked to each other instead of being warped into through a hub world.

johntown

Banned
Orayn said:
It will also cause players to play much more carefully instead of just playing really recklessly. There will be a lot more strategy in PVP instead of wild swings etc.

Tain

Foffy said:
Yep. It's back the approach found in King's Field, considered a predecessor to Dark Souls and Demon's Souls.

oh damn

I've been on media blackout, but, man, there's that hype creeping up.

that tingling, giddy hype.

Skirn

Relaxed Muscle said:
No World Tendency, I think, it's the Character Tendency counterpart.
Yeah, that may be true. Would make more sense.

Argh, 7th of October can't come soon enough. If Blizzard manages to push out Diablo 3 this year, then this may be the best gaming-year since 2001.

Orayn

shadyspace said:
So this series is basically MonHun for badass motherfuckers, huh?
Eh, sorta. Much more emphasis on RPG elements than MH and a lot of the challenge comes from navigating the levels and getting to the bosses. The tone is also a lot darker and more somber, of course.

kvn

weekend_warrior said:

No the situation I was referring to was definitely a freeze. The guy had to force quit via XMB.

Foffy

Banned
Hobbun said:
There's a freezing issue?

Well, either way, good to hear they are already on top of it. :)

Apparently if you're online the game is prone to randomly freezing. Offline users are supposedly having zero issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom