• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
If this doesnt get a PC port I will strangle a unicorn.

Go find a unicorn. From doesn't make many PC games. The last major title they made for PC was a program to let people make their own King's Field games.

Or Ninja Blade, I guess.

Orayn

Foffy said:
Go find a unicorn. From doesn't make many PC games. The last major title they made for PC was a program to let people make their own King's Field games.

Or Ninja Blade, I guess.
If it's a runaway success, I wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely. I'd love for that to happen, but it's probably best not to dwell on it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
If this doesnt get a PC port I will strangle a unicorn.
Bwhahaha, I'll enjoy seeing you do that.

Foffy said:

Or Ninja Blade, I guess.

Yea Ninja Blade is all I can think of, and it was probably ported.

It won't ever happen.

Max

I am not Max
Can only dream of Dark Souls being ported to PC.

Is anyone still as worried as me about their Collector's Edition pre-order from Amazon? I'm still waiting for another email back from them about it

Kalnos

Banned
Max said:

Is anyone still as worried as me about their Collector's Edition pre-order from Amazon? I'm still waiting for another email back from them about it

I'm skeptical... and I ordered it in like May.
KuGsj.gif

FrenchMovieTheme said:
why are you worried about ordering from amazon?
Yeah, Amazon is really good about taking off any sort of promotions if they run out or anything. In other news I just ordered a copy off of Amazon, gotta love that Prime release date shipping :D

Zeliard said:
lol just randomly looked up some Dark Souls info because I was curious about the Humanity stuff, and saw this:

Black Stone (Curse - Gravelord sign)
This stone is used to apply a curse to other player's world that will increase the difficulty of their surroundings, spawning more enemies and black phantoms. The tradeoff is that the other player will be able to find a sign that allows him to come take revenge in your world.

That is like the coolest fucking thing ever.

Is there any advantage to doing it or is it just a form of griefing?

darkressurection said:
Yeah, Amazon is really good about taking off any sort of promotions if they run out or anything. In other news I just ordered a copy off of Amazon, gotta love that Prime release date shipping :D

are people scared they aren't getting the collectors edition or something?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
are people scared they aren't getting the collectors edition or something?
I am assuming that is what people are talking about, but I could be totally wrong. But regardless I have never had any issues with Amazon getting me what they offered.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Man I'm thinking of leaving work right now to get the game..but..must resist. 2 more hours and it'll be in my hands. I don't even want to go to the Livejournal right now because I'm sure it's beind updated constantly. I'll probably put myself on a blackout (minus this thread) until tomorrow morning since I'll play it all night tonight.

weekend_warrior said:
Has anyone seen weapon upgrading in the streams yet? Haven't seen anyone upgrading stuff yet.

All I've seen is someone talk to the blacksmith. Didn't catch anything else though.

Damn, the Japanese players love the polearms.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
worldrevolution said:
Man I'm thinking of leaving work right now to get the game..but..must resist. 2 more hours and it'll be in my hands. I don't even want to go to the Livejournal right now because I'm sure it's beind updated constantly. I'll probably put myself on a blackout (minus this thread) until tomorrow morning since I'll play it all night tonight.
So jealous. Wish I was in the "just 2 more hours" situation.

More like 2 more months, if I'm lucky :(

You'll all still be here in 2 months, right? When I come crying mixed tears of joy and fear, with blood frothing at the mouth. Rubbing the art book all over my body.

... Right?

Zzoram

For people who pre-ordered at Best Buy, did your pre-order say Dark Souls or does it say something about Collector's Edition right on the description on your receipt?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
B-Genius said:
You'll all still be here in 2 months, right? When I come crying mixed tears of joy and fear, with blood frothing at the mouth. Rubbing the art book all over my body.

... Right?
We'll be here ♥

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah if this is anything like Demon's we're gonna be here a looooong time.

Max

I am not Max
FrenchMovieTheme said:
why are you worried about ordering from amazon?
I ordered the "Dark Souls" entry on Amazon.ca which stated it would automatically be upgraded to the CE. Just recently they've added a seperate entry for "Dark Souls Collectors Edition", and it's sold out on .ca now.

So right now I have only "Dark Souls" pre-ordered, and the little info box saying it is actually the CE is gone. I've emailed them about it and gotten a response saying they'll get back to me in a couple of days

I think this is the case for people who have ordered earlier as well

Foffy

Banned
Is it sad that I'm very interested in the racism/xenophobia going on in that stream? It's like they want everyone who speaks English banned.

Well then, I now have the ability to go to the store to buy Dark Souls, but there's still no official word about the server situation. This is pretty silly..

I'm an expert

Btw if anyone wants to add me on PSN to track each other's progress/trophies (and hopefully plat together) by all means. My name is the same as here.

Speevy

Banned
So does anyone have an idea of how big this game is compared to the first one?

-How long it is
-How many worlds
-What's the payoff for playing through multiple times?
etc.

Foffy

Banned
Speevy said:
So does anyone have an idea of how big this game is compared to the first one?

-How long it is
-How many worlds
-What's the payoff for playing through multiple times?
etc.

-Stated to take 60-100 hours. The director has stated it is at least three times the size of Demon's Souls.
-One world. It's a fully connected one.
-The same thing as Demon's Souls; trophies require many runs in the game. There's probably a New Game+.

Jonnyram

So I just picked up my copy of the JP version (with the bonus) and WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!?
Motoi Sakuraba composed the soundtrack!!!
Emi Evans (of Nier fame) sings the ending theme!!!

Why has this info not been posted in the OP!?

Foffy

Banned
New stream...be warned!
The player made one FUCKING UGLY CHARACTER.

Jonnyram said:
So I just picked up my copy of the JP version (with the bonus) and WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!?

Whuh? No Shunsuke Kida?

I'm an expert

Jonnyram said:

Rar do you people not have work right now? Argh the wait till lunch time suckssss.

Max said:

I had a chat with someone from Amazon yesterday and they said that it will only ship in Collector's Editions for awhile.

razgriz417 said:
http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/content-revealed-for-the-official-strategy-guide-of-dark-souls

Some info about the 400 page guide. Have my preordered, wish amazon did release date shipping on em lol
So is the physical guide different from the digital one? I had thought that they scrapped the physical one, but I guess I was wrong. I'd wager that the digital walkthrough/guide is more extensive.

EDIT: Maybe it's only the NA version that's been downgraded.

Necromanti said:
So is the physical guide different from the digital one? I had thought that they scrapped the physical one, but I guess I was wrong. I guess the digital walkthrough/guide is more extensive.
knowing how digitial guide will work. i bet it's a short guide with some simple tips and artwork thrown in there. i doubt it will be a full fledge guide.

I think the bf is buying me the guide. here's hoping he secretly does <3

Foffy

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
I wish there was better variety in these streams, everybody just uses a Halberd. No magic, no large swords, no crossbow.

Crossbows are still terrible, and I guess people are using Halberds because they fixed them from Demon's Souls. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom