• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

LowerLevel said:
Any idea or word on sales yet? From the sound of it of different podcasts and such, it may well beat the originator in it's first month! Yeah, I know multiplat helps alot but it's still nice to think of... especially if it means more Atlus games to the 360!

This isn't an Atlus game!

K' Dash

vilmer_ said:

Thank you
3AQmK.gif

RyanDG

GodlyPerfection said:
No I'm not human and I'm just using a pike (spear set) to kill them. I have 40+ humanity as well with the ring on.

The problem with this area is that the humanity that drops disappears in like a split second... if you don't grab it it despawns. I'm assuming this is because the things respawn and mess up the number of items in the area resulting in the item despawning to make more room for more babies.

Are you farming from in the water or up on dry land? I could just be missing it up, but I'm not even really seeing the item sparkle at all. I'll try again later tonight though and see if I'm just going blind. ;)

robotzombie said:
Fire Mages, I'm about to go shopping:

Okay I'm gonna go see if Quelana is there, she's near Quelaag's cave right? Anyway, which spells should I purchase and should I purchase multiple copies? I'm mainly melee and I have 3 attunement slots so far.

To add to the above question, is there any way to open the gate in
Valley of the Drakes? The giant gate near the bridge with the lightning dragons on it?

RyanDG said:
Are you farming from in the water or up on dry land? I could just be missing it up, but I'm not even really seeing the item sparkle at all. I'll try again later tonight though and see if I'm just going blind. ;)

There is a little ramp on the inside that I sit on so that way if I have to heal or remove toxin I can go up there and do it.

Farming skeleton babies tip: when you kill a bunch of them, stand as close to them as you can get while they are dying and mash the X button (PS3 users. Not sure what the item pickup button is on 360). This way, you will get humanity before it vanishes if they dropped any.

FrankT

Actually somewhat surprised at how many of my friends have picked this up(360). It hasn't been crazy levels, but more than I would have thought playing at any given time.

Can someone help with tips on where the miracle called Vow of Silence is found? I'm in the painted world and I have the key that unlocks the place where the
chaos ember
is found. Is it in that area?

I love the fact that you can play in offline mode while in party chat on the 360. It makes farming much more entertaining when you can chat with 6 of your friends playing dark souls.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The two archers in Anor Lando is just stupid. I'm all for a challenge, but Dark Souls slowly transitions from a "difficult because mobs kill you" game into a "difficult because you'll fall to your death" game. The former is fine, the latter is just not fun after a certain point. Meh... Batman tomorrow...

GJS

RyanDG said:
When I tried it I just ran around in small circles in the water spawning like 3-5 babies and then unleashed the Gargoyle Halberds strong spin attack, taking them all out. I missed plenty of drops that vanished almost instantly but still managed to amass over 40 humanity and 100k souls in a relatively small amount of time.

cj_iwakura

commish said:
The two archers in Anor Lando is just stupid. I'm all for a challenge, but Dark Souls slowly transitions from a "difficult because mobs kill you" game into a "difficult because you'll fall to your death" game. The former is fine, the latter is just not fun after a certain point. Meh... Batman tomorrow...

This is so overrated. Run. Done. Helps if you have a guy shielding you from behind when you have to kill the guy up top, but if you're fast enough, no worries.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
cj_iwakura said:
This is so overrated. Run. Done. Helps if you have a guy shielding you from behind when you have to kill the guy up top, but if you're fast enough, no worries.

It's highly rated?

TP

commish said:

Just walk up there (don't run) head to the right and roll to evade the arrows from the archer. Once you get close enough he'll pull out his sword and you turn around and head back the way you came. The knight will fall to his death as he tries to attack you and the other archer won't be able to hit you because of the wall. Repeat process for left archer.

It's easy

Edit: I typed "anor londo archers" into youtube search and this was the first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZl_C44qx1A

Dresden

You don't even need to roll or sprint. Just jog up there with the shield up, don't stop when you get to the top, go for the one in the right. Get right up to him so he melees you at which point, unless your shield is bad and/or your endurance is 8, he'll just knock himself off the ledge.

And if your endurance is low you can probably just kick him off.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
robotzombie said:
To add to the above question, is there any way to open the gate in
Valley of the Drakes? The giant gate near the bridge with the lightning dragons on it?
You have to, actually. Later in the game. I wouldn't worry about it until it happens.

I dunno if I got an answer to this one:

Killing Gwynevere? Any benefit either way -- is having no enemies in Anor Londo worth it? Or do the enemies there drop good shit? Gwyndolin is dead, so I don't need to off her to get to him... it would certainly make getting to the blacksmith a little easier, but I'd lose the bonfire at the start, right?

Miroku

Joined Sunlight covenant and got lightning spear, yay! only 45 hours into the game for my first projectile magic.

In my trip to the catacombs I think I lost my chance to loot the skull lantern, if it ever dropped at all. Things got hectic at the last necro down there. Anyone know another way to light things up in Giants Tomb?

corrosivefrost said:
I dunno if I got an answer to this one:

Killing Gwynevere? Any benefit either way -- is having no enemies in Anor Londo worth it? Or do the enemies there drop good shit? Gwyndolin is dead, so I don't need to off her to get to him... it would certainly make getting to the blacksmith a little easier, but I'd lose the bonfire at the start, right?

There are some enemies in Anor Londo that drop weapons you need for the all rare weapons trophy, such as all the silver knight stuff. If you care about that stuff don`t kill her just yet

Zzoram

commish said:

Hidden Body spell or Fog Ring make it super easy. They don't aggro you until you've made it to the ledge they are on.

This tip should probably be plastered all over the OP/every page.

Patryn

commish said:

That part took me about 10 tries. Easily the most annoying part of the game. My GF got really worried about me after the try before I succeeded because I was so angry.

StunandStab said:
There are some enemies in Anor Londo that drop weapons you need for the all rare weapons trophy, such as all the silver knight stuff. If you care about that stuff don`t kill her just yet

Already got all those... ;)
The only enemy drops I'm missing are black knight (halberd, axe, shield), ghost blade, and titanite catch pole (oh, and Grant, from the NPC invader in Tomb of the Giants).
Any other reason to not kill her, I mean, other than the "gorgeous view"? :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is there a natural route to the area behind the dragon on the bridge? I am somewhat far into the game(gave the lordvessel already to one of the 'NPC's'), but that area continues to elude me.

Heading down to New Londo Ruins if you take a right and go up a spiral staircase a little ways there's a locked gate. How do I get that key without killing the guy who pardons sins?

So if you were told there is a level cap to invading that might be wrong... because I invaded a level 121 @ level 50 with the Red Eye... I sent him a msg and asked.

Patryn said:
That part took me about 10 tries. Easily the most annoying part of the game. My GF got really worried about me after the try before I succeeded because I was so angry.

I just cheesed with with pretty much just a single Poison arrow. Shot one off, hit the guy on the right, and then just waited for him to die. Easy. :)

Zzoram

KoreanBarbecue said:
I just cheesed with with pretty much just a single Poison arrow. Shot one off, hit the guy on the right, and then just waited for him to die. Easy. :)

Why did my poison arrow not poison him?

corrosivefrost said:
Already got all those... ;)
The only enemy drops I'm missing are black knight (halberd, axe, shield), ghost blade, and titanite catch pole (oh, and Grant, from the NPC invader in Tomb of the Giants).
Any other reason to not kill her, I mean, other than the "gorgeous view"? :lol

I can`t think of any other reason not to.

V_Arnold

Wow, Pinwheel was an awfully easy boss, omg. Lv60, divine club +5. Str build, oddly.
Although at the end when I won, things started to freak out. Should have he lived another 4-5 seconds, and I am dead for sure.

cj_iwakura

Regarding everyone's favorite Tomb of the Giants NPC,

Same voice and everything. You shifty bastard! Stay dead.

robotzombie said:
So any fire mages got suggestions of what to buy from the Blighttown fire magic merchant? Anything I should buy multiple copies of?

Great Fireball is amazing. Firestorm is NOT, I repeat, NOT worth it.

Zzoram

GodlyPerfection said:
So if you were told there is a level cap to invading that might be wrong... because I invaded a level 121 @ level 50 with the Red Eye... I sent him a msg and asked.

Are you sure he used Red Eye? Covenant related invasions don't have level restrictions.

x3r0123

robotzombie said:
So any fire mages got suggestions of what to buy from the Blighttown fire magic merchant? Anything I should buy multiple copies of?

great combustion and great fireball. Thats all you need

Kalnos

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
So I beat the Gargoyles, rung the bell than beat the Capra dude. Where the hell do I go next? The Catacombs?

Capra Demon dropped a key, exit his room and take an immediate left and you should find your way.

cj_iwakura

x3r0123 said:
just outside of queen's domain where the 3 rock throwing fatties are

To be more specific, and safer.

The rock pillar on the far right, near where the last giant bug appears, right before the area where her lair begins.

Also, she's the one who will tell you what became of Izalith.

Brandon F said:
Is there a natural route to the area behind the dragon on the bridge? I am somewhat far into the game(gave the lordvessel already to one of the 'NPC's'), but that area continues to elude me.

If you hang a around on the alcove with the stairs he will eventually fly down onto the bridge and you can run past him, should just make it before he breathes any fire. Once you are in there there is a gate to Undead Parish.

MoxManiac

What the fuck, why can't i cast iron flesh during boss fight with
four kings? don't tell me because it's the ring becuase it worked before. And why were there three of them left when I had killed two, isn't the boss fight FOUR kings?

Dresden

Miroku said:
Joined Sunlight covenant and got lightning spear, yay! only 45 hours into the game for my first projectile magic.

In my trip to the catacombs I think I lost my chance to loot the skull lantern, if it ever dropped at all. Things got hectic at the last necro down there. Anyone know another way to light things up in Giants Tomb?
You find in the Tomb itself, so the first part is spent inching forward in darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom