• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V_Arnold said:
Wow, Pinwheel was an awfully easy boss, omg. Lv60, divine club +5. Str build, oddly.
Although at the end when I won, things started to freak out. Should have he lived another 4-5 seconds, and I am dead for sure.
I really think this specific level was meant to be done earlier than people suggested. Almost like 5-1, 4-1, etc. level.

In Sen's Fortress now... taking it slow, LOL.

Got the Lightning Spear - wow, that thing takes off a WHOLE lotta damage! Not really into using spears, but it's handy to have in tight spots.

I'm just glad I had the Rust Ring on me when I went down to fight the two Titanite Demons.

One question though, there is one of those lizard men just standing against the wall with his arms folded close to the beginning.. who is that and do I have to be human to communicate with him?

MoxManiac said:
What the fuck, why can't i cast iron flesh during boss fight with
four kings? don't tell me because it's the ring becuase it worked before. And why were there three of them left when I had killed two, isn't the boss fight FOUR kings?

Apparently they respawn until you've taken down the total health bar.

I just beat them this morning...it was like hitting a brick wall until I upgraded my pyromancy (combustion with the glove +10 does a nice deal of damage on them - enough to kill 2 kings quickly) and making a lightning sword.

cj_iwakura

MoxManiac said:
What the fuck, why can't i cast iron flesh during boss fight with
four kings? don't tell me because it's the ring becuase it worked before. And why were there three of them left when I had killed two, isn't the boss fight FOUR kings?

They continue to respawn, but you still only have to kill four.

GeekyDad

Whelp, beat the first boss, moved on to some other realm a giant bird took me to, and well, I think I give up. Put in something like 300 hours with Demon's Souls, but so far as I can tell, they simply juiced the enemies up with gobs and gobs of health. The damage you take seems about the same, but whereas cautious play was rewarded in Demon's Souls, pounding endlessly on the same few skeletons is what's required in Dark Souls. The animations look almost the same, the mechanics feel the same (though the new kicking and jumping attack are both cool). Am I missing something?

def sim

Phonomezer said:

Got the Lightning Spear - wow, that thing takes off a WHOLE lotta damage! Not really into using spears, but it's handy to have in tight spots.

I'm just glad I had the Rust Ring on me when I went down to fight the two Titanite Demons.

One question though, there is one of those lizard men just standing against the wall with his arms folded close to the beginning.. who is that and do I have to be human to communicate with him?

You have to communicate with him by using a metal boulder.

Riposte

GeekyDad said:
Whelp, beat the first boss, moved on to some other realm a giant bird took me to, and well, I think I give up. Put in something like 300 hours with Demon's Souls, but so far as I can tell, they simply juiced the enemies up with gobs and gobs of health. The damage you take seems about the same, but whereas cautious play was rewarded in Demon's Souls, pounding endlessly on the same few skeletons is what's required in Dark Souls. The animations look almost the same, the mechanics feel the same (though the new kicking and jumping attack are both cool). Am I missing something?

If you are fighting skeletons, you are going the wrong way.

GeekyDad said:
you are going the wrong way.

njean777

Hey guys quick question I am a pyro, and I upgraded my attunement stat and it says I have 3 slots, but for some reason it only lets me equip 2 speels still. Am I missing something? My pyromancer flame is + 8 right now.

Dresden

GeekyDad said:
You're going the right way, be sure to head into the little cave set against the edge of the cliff.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
njean777 said:
Hey guys quick question I am a pyro, and I upgraded my attunement stat and it says I have 3 slots, but for some reason it only lets me equip 2 speels still. Am I missing something? My pyromancer flame is + 8 right now.

What spells are you trying to equip? Some take more than one slot.

Phonomezer said:

That lizard is sleeping.

Aeana

Got into the Darkroot Garden place. Boy, the farming videos make it look easier than it is. Instead of running off the cliff, they keep falling down and landing next to me.

FrankT

Aeana said:
Got into the Darkroot Garden place. Boy, the farming videos make it look easier than it is. Instead of running off the cliff, they keep falling down and landing next to me.

Shield up and one good knock and off they go. Stay in the far corner.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Jtyettis said:
Shield up and one good knock and off they go. Stay in the far corner.

Also, after about the 5th or so time you find that "spot" that makes them just fall.. I found a big shield helps as the bounce off it when the decide not to roll off.

mrklaw said:
Doing the Gargoyles in about 11 minutes seems doable as a mini challenge. Crazy damage he was doing with his little axe - I'm not even doing that yet with my winged spear +8!

darkwing said:
hence we suspect there might be level scaling on bosses

dunno bout you guys but the part of the vid I watched he used the drake sword to do the gargoyles. the axe (two handed) seemed to do about as much damage as expected and he uses golden pine resin on it to do taurus demon and the dragon's tail. i don't see any evidence of level scaling.

Ugh, for some reason today whenever I get summoned or invade I get disconnected from the world`s master shortly after. Why is this happeningÉ This has never happened before :(

Grinchy

Banned
StunandStab said:
Ugh, for some reason today whenever I get summoned or invade I get disconnected from the world`s master shortly after. Why is this happeningÉ This has never happened before :(
I'm kinda more curious as to how you got a É instead of a question mark

Just took out O&S by myself after a 10+ minute battle, with O going down last. Feels pretty good especially since I had someone helping me the first time I fought them.

Anyway aren't I supposed to get O's armor for killing him last?

damn my heart is still pounding. what a fucking amazing game.

StunandStab said:
Challenging the area boss must really piss off invaders XD

I had 2 OP people w/ me last night to fight the Demon boss before the Centipede and I was invaded right before the door, pretty sure I was doing the invader a favor by going in :lol

Urban Scholar said:
"Dark Souls |OT3| I accidentally hit this NPC! What do?!"

I'm going to find this hilarious for many days to come.

Glad I could touch your funny bone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom