• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
When he shoots magic, run around the room. Then run around the room some more. Then run around the room some more. He won't have done any damage to you.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
demosthenes said:
Going in to fight Pinwheel, any advice :3?

Hold the controller with your hands, not with your feet and you've got it in the bag.

Pancho said:
I know I asked this before, but I'm gonna ask again. How do I get anor londo's fire keeper's armor?? I see no signs of it on the wikis yet :(

You need to
kill Gwyndolin and then you can find it in a chest beyond where you fight him.

bathala

Banned
finally beat Sen's Fortress. Stage gave me a head ache

Iron Golem wasn't that bad.
Iron Flesh, Great Fireball, and Blackknight Greatsword

seady

I really want to get into the series, but since everyone is talking about this game now, should I play this sequel first?

Pancho

Qurupancho
ixix said:
Hold the controller with your hands, not with your feet and you've got it in the bag.

You need to
kill Gwyndolin and then you can find it in a chest beyond where you fight him.

Sweet, thanks!

It's mind-boggling how fast this thread moves o_O

matmanx1

Spent some time in The Depths tonight and got enough Shards to upgrade my Iaito to Divine +5, a normal Falchion to +8 (it will be a Furysword some day!) and my Winged Spear to Divine +2. Feels good man.

I need to go back into Blighttown and try the boss again but I'm sort of afraid after the way she handed me my butt last time. Does it sound horrible when I say I want to bleed her with my Iaito? =)

matmanx1 said:
Spent some time in The Depths tonight and got enough Shards to upgrade my Iaito to Divine +5, a normal Falchion to +8 (it will be a Furysword some day!) and my Winged Spear to Divine +2. Feels good man.

I need to go back into Blighttown and try the boss again but I'm sort of afraid after the way she handed me my butt last time. Does it sound horrible when I say I want to bleed her with my Iaito? =)

Use the Eagle Shield, stay close and strafe whilst constantly blocking. With that shield even her AOE attack does minimal damage.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I beat the game last night and took time to sleep it over to try and figure out how I feel about it overall.

In the end, I did like the game a lot more than demon's souls, and think it's a great game overall. I didn't think before playing it that the game would have lended itself that well to being open world, but they have ingenious design with this world and ended up making one of the most impressive overall worlds I've seen in a game. My jaw dropped when I took the elevator down to firelink, ran out to the valley of the drakes from blighttown, opened a door to new londo, and took the elevator right up to firelink. It's extremely impressive how they got it all to work, and I also love the bonfires. The way they completely redid the magic and healing systems to be limited works perfectly, and it has a good risk reward to respawn all the enemies to also refill your uses of everything.

I am definitely disappointed in the way the online has been for my playthrough, there's no real excusing that. They introduced all of these covenants, but they all relate to online functionality making them damn near nonexistent for the whole time I played. I was only ever invaded in the forest, and I was actually trying my damnedest to help people with bosses, but got no bites after I leveled up past Anor Londo. And when I was in the end game areas, I was basically never seeing ANY messages at all, which was a shame.

I actually feel like commenting on each area in particular:

Undead Areas(burg, parish, etc) - I'm grouping these because they all just flow together so well, that I don't actually recall when they even split! This was a great starting area, full of alternate paths leading to good treasure(and tough enemies). Kicking the ladder down to the first bonfire you find here was one of my first moments where I knew I was playing something special regarding world design. I thought the taurus demon was a good first boss, you have an easy out with the ladder to do a plunge attack but it isn't needed at all, so there's many ways to take this on. Not a fan of that dragon cheapshot afterwards, but the rest of this area is ace. The caped knights around the church were insanely fun to fight, parry, and backstab for me. The gargoyles only bested me two-three times but I feel like they're probably one of the hardest bosses in the game overall...which is a good and bad thing.

When you get down to the parish, you get to fight those dickhead assassin people. I thought they were fun, though my lockon would mess me up a couple times here. I never really like dog enemies so the ones here aren't really any different from Demon's Souls to me. It had another amazing world link with that door across from the merchant unlocking straight to firelink, looove it.

The shitstain on this area is the Capra Demon. I would say he's the worst boss in the game if it wasn't for some later game stuff. This area is downright cheap, and is all determined in the first 5 seconds. There is literally no consistency, which I noticed first hand. Roll to the right to avoid his overhead attack, dog lunges at me on the recovery and I get stuck in the corner and killed. Roll to the left, make a running leap to the stairs. The dog once JUMPED to the left and blocked me in midair, the other dog attacked me and I died from the capra demon after that. Try to block the capra demon at the start, all my endurance was wiped and I was killed before I could do anything. Roll to the left again, run to the stairs...hey look, the dogs didn't come this way, I could now kill them and beat the boss easily. The people who beat this on their first try and wonder why people have issues with it...well, that's why. The fight itself is damn easy, it's just designed horribly in that room and the way you get immediately ganked from the door.

Depths - But after this, the game once again started shining. I honestly think the depths were the highlight of the game to me, I love the clever as hell design here. An early trap with an item to your left, and a slime leaps off the ceiling to hump your life away. You start being extremely cautious of the whole area after that. Slowly going through after this, seeing that GIANT rat, and knowing you're going to fight that asshole. The rats would lure you around a corner while another busted out of a box behind you...actually caught me off guard with that one. Another rat is staring at you down a hall, you want to stab the fucker in the face, but there's acutally a HOLE right there. I saw that shit, fuck you rat. Keep going, there's a fogdoor and a random mage guy. Didn't think that much of it until I read that he snipes you in the boss fight, meaning if you go after that rat earlier and fall down the hole, you can easily go to the boss and have this pain in the ass to deal with. There's holes all over this area, ambushes by rats, it's great. I went to fight the giant rat and didn't actually realize there was a waterfall there, slid off and thought I was fucked. Then there's another whole area here with those crazy looking curse frogs, a few more rats and slimes. Then after you're just getting your bearings, the first NPC phantom invades. Aww shit. Sitting on so many souls at this point, the boss is coming up. The gaping dragon is probably one of the most memorable in the game for me because of those elements coming together. Sitting on a TON of souls, I completely missed the door that heads up to unlock the bonfire, so I didn't want to mess up at all. I beat it on my first try, and it really is a super easy boss, but the whole thing just stands out to me.

Blighttown - Ah yes, the infamous blighttown. Immediately the framerate tanks, some orc guy rushes me and falls right off the floor trying to hit me. Wonderful! I really didn't have that much problem with this part aside from it being plain annoying because of the awful frame drops. The design has a lot of dead ends leading to treasure, but since it's all going down you can speed through the place damn quick. The real trouble hits at that swamp, where they have bug enemies, the framerate is in the teens, and infinite spawning mosquitos to boot. This is definitly a place where starting as a pyro shined, because that starting gear has crazy poison resistance, so I avoided it for almost the entire area. However, the whole area down there is unfun to navigate with all that shit at once. I completly missed the bonfire here, ran across to the torches, and was actually climbing up without realizing you actually need to go the other direction across the swamo. I ended up actually dying here, when I got to the side area with all the poison dart shooters and fire dog things. I missed the ladder and thought this was the only path, there's a water wheel at the bottom I tried to jump on and found out that you can't! So I died, was back at the top of blighttown. This is the first time I actually lost a bloodstain in the game, because I tried to rush back down and just got killed by those normal enemies. :(

When I got back to the swamp I found the bonfire this time, tried the other area and was in quelaag's domain. This was another good boss fight to me, she can cover a lot of ranges and my heart was beating pretty fast near the end even though you can semi cheese it by staying in her face so her sword swipes miss, it's still a tense fight due to the ranges she can cover when you back off.

After this, I found the secret area with the stupid ass egg guy that I killed, which fucked over me and pyromancy for the rest of the game. :D

Sen's Fortress - Another great area. The snake enemies are fun to fight, the place is loaded with traps(that you can use to kill enemies off), and the design of it is loaded with secrets. I completely missed a ton of stuff here and returned later in the game surprised at just how much was actually here. Getting to the top of the fortress and seeing the nice view from being so high up felt great, and the boss here was another decent one. I busted out laughing at the part with the elevator rising, I noticed the blood as I got on and IMMEDIATLY rolled off, looked up and saw the spikes. Assholes. Then I took it down, opened the chest and got eaten. Double assholes!

Anor Londo - This place looks AMAZING. Really loved the art design in the whole game, but this place especially. The area where you fight the painting guardians on the highbeams was tense, but it was the kind of narrow fighting I actually like in DS. They can't push you off with super powerful attacks, they're nimble and are likely to jump to their deaths. This area was also good with shortcuts, like raising the middle floor to be able to run straight through. The weird enemies with the lighting spears here were kind of annoying with the way they always jumped away, but I was able to make them kill themselves a lot, which is always good. Then the other infamous part, the double archers. I already knew to just book it here, but I think it's a pretty stupid part. If you don't use ranged at all this is literally the only thing you can do, and is the kind of narrow stuff I don't like in DS, where you block and get knocked way back to an instant death. The rest of the level is a lot of combat with the knight enemies, which I also loved fighting. A ton of doors, items to pick up, finding the awesome Havel armor in the basement, etc. All this leads to the bigass room with 2 giant knights, and the big double door you open for another shortcut. Then the boss, which I would say is THE hardest fight in the game. I died a couple times because of camera freakouts, but I think it's a great fight otherwise. I'm not a fan of the way the enemies clip through eachother, like the spear guy getting me through the fat guy on multiple occasions, but once you take one out it's all up to you to not fuck up, because either way you're fighitng a beefed up enemy that does CRAZY damage. You need to be on point for this whole fight.

Forest - Combining all the parts here, I'm not really sure when you're "supposed" to go here but I was piece by piece through most of the game. I like the visual diversity the place brings, and it all loops together nicely. The enemies were all decent, there's some traps with snake guys on the trees, and the popular farming/invading spot past the door. The moonlight butterfly is an eh boss(loved the music though), but Sif was GREAT. Another one of my favorites, just a gorgeous big room with you and a giant wolf. Limping him at the end made me sad, fuck you From. The hydra is pretty eh to me, but as a melee focused character there's really nothing to do aside from stay close in the water, roll back and slowly slice each head off. Not hard, just tedious.

Catacombs - Another area I really liked. You either go in with a divine weapon to kill everything off, or you're pretty much racing through the area to kill the guys reviving the skeletons. There's a few pitfalls here leading to secret areas, a lot of statues that stab you, and if you get in too big of a hurry at the end the pinwheel skellies can fuck you up. This all leads to Pinwheel. I don't even know what to say, I killed him in 4 hits. THey didn't plan this out that much, I guess? I'd also like to mention that this was the first instance of something the game does multiple times later that I dislike, FALLING into the boss room and losing HP. Get out of here with this shit. I know there's a spell for falling safely or something, but I didn't have INT and that's a lame way to add difficulty to anything.

New Londo Ruins - Another place where you can either fight everything head on(with curse/transient curse) or run through it and have them all chase you. :D

I was fine with the ghosts, they showed up through walls in ways that you could atleast anticipate. After you get the key and drain the area, the place gets better. First off, that's fucking disgusting to see what is actually under the water! The darkwraiths were good enemies that I greatly enjoyed backstabbing the shit out of, and it was cool to see the door open straight to the valley. A lot of slowly moving around here to not aggro too many darkwraiths at once, and a few ghosts. At this point I found a weapon I could just kill them with so I didn't need transient curses anymore. I put on the ring, jumped down, aaaaand got my ass handed to me from multiple directions. On my return trip I noticed you could fall off the one side and basically run past all the enemies left to quickly return to the boss, so I started doing that. The Four Kings are an eh boss, literally just a DPS race where you tank on them so you don't get overwhelmed. Then you place the lordvessel, and despite being light on story/dialoge the entire game, I feel like this is the point where the game just shifts. There’s suddenly no more dialog aside from talking to the same merchants and seeing the end of some of the NPC paths, even the final boss doesn’t even say a word. It’s odd, and the game in general focuses a lot more on warping around, so I no longer got the cool inworld shortcuts, because these end game areas are all deeper in.

Duke’s Archives – A pretty good area. There’s a lot of enemies that take shots at you from above with arrows and magic, but that just makes it all the more satisfying to get up there and kill them. When you’re down below you have a lot of room to avoid this, and the basic enemies are good backstabbing fodder. The area is fairly confusing to navigate but eventually I was able to learn it pretty well. I actually think visually this is one of my favorite areas in the game, I really loved the purple sheen you could see at times with the lighting on the tiles. Not really a fan of the forced death, but with a ring of sacrifice that won’t really matter on repeat plays.

Crystal Caves – I hate this area. Once you know what to do, you just run straight on the two mandatory invisible paths, but the first time through it can be a nightmare. There’s not many ice golems here, but they are all on narrow as hell platforms and even if you block you can get push blocked to an instant death. If you try to evade you can roll right off. I wasn’t able to stun them with the R2 attack of my best weapon at the time(I was using the gravelord sword), so I basically wasn’t able to interrupt them at all…very very annoying. I ended up at a dead end and had to go backwards on the invisible paths again, because the mandatory route is actually really weird. On the area you climb up and fall onto, I was SLIDING OFF as I walked to this. If you’re not dead center on the crystal, it makes it look like there’s an invisible wall there, so I didn’t go that way. I looked at a map and that’s the only way I realized I missed the path there…bleh. Then it’s just clams ahead, never tried fighting the butterflies because I did not want to be in that area anymore than I had to be. Seath is an alright boss, nothing really memorable. It’s weird how there’s no initial fog door here, because those clams can follow you in(repeating the fight has a fog door so you can run past).

Tomb of the Giants – Hahahahaha. Either way I look at it this area is downright BAD. I farmed for souls to boost int, I wasn’t a magic user at all but wanted cast light for this spot, which helps with the sight but doesn’t help with the fact that the enemies are just annoying as hell. Giant skeletons, skeletons shooting giant arrows from some pitch black area somewhere else, pitfalls, etc. It’s just so damn annoying. Get kicked in the hole, get the lantern(props to anyone who uses that, not being able to block while you can see would be awful against the huge damage the enemies do here). It wasn’t even that bad until you get to those fucking skeletons on all 4s. That multi lunge attack that rapes your endurance and is damn near impossible to dodge out of the way due to the narrowness and the size of them, their high hp/lack of being able to be interrupted, just fucking annoying through and through. Then you get to Nito, who I think is a shitty boss. If you fight him like the four kings as a DPS race, then you just put on iron flesh, double hand your weapon, and go to town while the rest of the fight doesn’t matter. If you fight him ‘normally’ you deal with skeletons that will not die unless you use a divine weapon, while he’s attacking you. He has an AoE attack that hits a big range, and damages the skeletons. If THAT inflicts the killing blow, they get back up with full health, which sucks. This also has a drop to the boss which takes like half your life, which I mentioned before is lame as hell. When I died here I just sprinted past everything there, I didn’t enjoy a second of it at the end of the day. Oh, I did like how you see the Ash Lake area from the side here. That’s something.

Demon Ruins – From Software discovered copy + paste! Ceaseless Discharge is the worst boss in the game…maybe. Either a gimmick fight where you just run to the end and knock him off, or you wait for him to slam his tentacle, hit it, wait, repeat. Or get hit, attack him, drink flask, outlive him. It’s just really damn boring.

I don’t mind refighting old bosses as enemies, the gargoyles were fine in Anor Londo. But here...it’s just so lazy. There’s no thought to the placement, literally 7 taurus demons all by eachother in a clump, then 7 capra demons all in a straight line down a path, then 2 more Taurus demons just leading you to 3 centipede things that don’t move blocking an ember. There’s nothing really hidden here, shit’s just randomly placed. Then the kicker is you go fight the boss which is…a reskinned Stray Demon! Having a harder version in the return to the tutorial was alright, but I didn’t need to see this guy a third time. The centipede demon was alright, but it made me realize that the jump in this game sucks, or it wasn’t fully tested. Why on earth do I take damage when I JUMP over a small patch of lava? It’s like the game thinks you just ran right over it. There’s specifically a really small patch of lava on the left side of the area you need to go over, I tried jumping each time and you always take damage.

Lost Izalith – Jesus fucking Christ. There’s a room with the same enemy placed 30 times. THIRTY TIMES. WHY?! You can lure them to get stuck on shit and boringly chip them with arrows, but good luck fighting them with melee, because their stomp attack has INSANE AoE range that hits you each time even when you’re nowhere near it, a buttslam where you need to run like hell to avoid, they’re easily the worst enemies in the game. And like Demon Ruins, they have random placements that make zero sense. At the end of this area(which is ALL LAVA, blinding you so you can barely see, and making the framerate take a dive), there’s two groups of 3 of these enemies in both corners. The one corner, they’re all facing away from you. I thought this was the way to go, but it’s actually a dead end. And there’s no treasure over there…why the fuck are they there? You never go near them to engage them otherwise, they are just placed all over this room like crazy for zero reason. I’m looking at the map in the guide and literally half of them aren’t in places they need to be, they aren’t guarding anything aside from the ones in the bottom right.

The rest of the level is alright, but it’s essentially 20 statues, and like 4-5 Chaos Eaters. I like the design of them, but both of these enemies were really easy to just run behind and kill due to the slow attack. There’s a poison pit where you can fight some more, but it just leads up to the Bed of Chaos. Which is another contender for worst boss in the game, another complete gimmick fight. Run to the left, hit once, run to the right while the floor falls, hit once, run to the middle and jump. Win. When you die here it actually saves the progress, the floor stays destroyed…it’s weird. The middle comes back, and you NEED to run and jump at the thing. I missed the jump twice, finally made it, then you just run up and stab the thing once. Then a bonfire spawns right where it was, which is where I was standing, and shot me to some unknown hell where I died instantly! Yay QA.

So after all those fun areas, you finally get to The Kiln of the First Flame. I really loved the look of the area but it feels like wasted potential. 4 enemies, straight path to the boss, could’ve done a lot more with the end of the end, but it’s pretty much nothing. I can’t say much on the last boss because Iron Flesh + 2 handing a weapon also destroys him, but it was weird he had no cutscene at all(even if was just a 3 second clip, ANYTHING would’ve been nice), you kill him, get a 10 second ending, then it just throws you in NG+ again. Super weird.

Oh, I actually forgot to talk about the Painted world! I really loved this area, especially as a break inbetween the above things. Secret paths are back, the enemies were fun, and I liked fighting Priscilla. It felt tightly designed through and through.
I’m not going to really mention the Hollow, Ash Lake, or the Valley of the Drakes because they’re all basically filler and don’t amount to anything.

I could still say even more about the game, because going piece by piece made it seem like I disliked a lot, but I really do like the game a lot overall, I just don’t think it kept up the entire game and think all of the lowpoints happen to be one after another right at the end. While I’d say it’s up in the air on wheter or not you like the endgame stuff, elements of the last two areas especially just scream rushed. The thoughtful enemy placement and secret items are pretty much gone and it’s just a straight gauntlet.

The OST is amazing, the world design is amazing, the artstyle is amazing. I definitely hope the game does well so they continue the series more, and I hope they keep the open world style or even expand further on it. It’s really ambitious but I think they could still top what they gave us, they just need to not try to one up the earlier areas so much to try and force it to be difficult.

hteng

Banned
^ holy fuck wall of black bars

Speevy said:
How many blow dart bastards are in Blighttown, total?

around 8 or 9, but they don't respawn and give you 500 souls each, sometimes they will glitch out and fall to their deaths. make sure to bring lots of toxic curing items.

I finally was able to join the Warriors of Sunlight! With only 11 Faith! Now, I just need 1 Sunlight Medal to get the two miracles for rank +1.

Man this game has me cornered. I feel like every direction I go the enemies are just too tough. What's with the ghost in New Lando? I am walking out onto the docks and he appears. How do you beat ghosts?

Kalnos

Banned
evilromero said:
Man this game has me cornered. I feel like every direction I go the enemies are just too tough. What's with the ghost in New Lando? I am walking out onto the docks and he appears. How do you beat ghosts?

You can only attack them while you're
cursed, so either get cursed in The Depths or use the 'Transient Curse' item. You will find a bunch in New Londo or you can buy them from the merchant in the aqueduct thing that leads to The Depths.

Zeliard

Don't get why some hate The Great Hollow. It's short and sweet and leads to one of the most beautiful areas in the game. You can also find one of the best rings in the game there. :>

Loved that place. I wish there was more like it.

well im in tomb of giants and
WHAT THE FUCK WITH THOSE DOG SKELETONS!!! after dying a thousand times to get the divine amber, those fucking 6 skeletons, arggg!, and now those fucking dogs that even with iron flesh do a ton of damage and last forever.... damn men fells bad :p need to find a whay to kill them fast because even with iron flesh they interrupt my healing

Papercuts

Kalnos said:
Papercuts you missed the worst area of the game..
Great Hallow

I mentioned it! I didn't talk about that, ash lake, or the valley of the drakes because they're basically filler/used to link areas.

redhot_

sotodefonk said:
WHAT THE FUCK WITH THOSE DOG SKELETONS!!! after dying a thousand times to get the divine amber, those fucking 6 skeletons, arggg!, and now those fucking dogs that even with iron flesh do a ton of damage and last forever.... damn men fells bad :p need to find a whay to kill them fast because even with iron flesh they interrupt my healing

Make the shield from the Moonlight Butterfly soul, it destroys those skeles in 1 hit with its L2 attack.

Septimius said:
Any place to buy humanity? The female merchant only sold one.

Best place to farm humanity?

Depends how far you are in the game. Have you seen the
baby skeletons
? You can get 20-30 humanity items in a matter of minutes.

Kyoufu

Zeliard said:
Don't get why some hate The Great Hollow. It's short and sweet and leads to one of the most beautiful areas in the game. You can also find one of the best rings in the game there. :>

Loved that place. I wish there was more like it.

At first I hated that area but now I've grown to like it a lot. Probably because I know my way around that tree now :p

Dresden

sotodefonk said:
Just run past them, lol. There's only like one that you really need to kill.

Cutwolf

redhot_ said:
Dark Knight Axe is real nasty when its +5, same with any Halberd fully upgraded... Think i read somewhere if you got your weapon to Chaos it stacks with humanity, so that could help you if you got lots to just sit on.

only 16 str. Pumped end and vit.

redhot_ said:
Make the shield from the Moonlight Butterfly soul, it destroys those skeles in 1 hit with its L2 attack.

Whoa I have that shield :D although when I used it, it didnt do a lot of damage to the giant skeletons, need to test it right away :D

Zeliard

Kyoufu said:
At first I hated that area but now I've grown to like it a lot. Probably because I know my way around that tree now :p

I thought it was neat. I'm confused at what there is to really hate. Were people just getting cursed again there? lol

sotodefonk said:
Whoa I have that shield :D although when I used it, it didnt do a lot of damage to the giant skeletons, need to test it right away :D

If it's not doing big damage you're not doing it right. :p Equip it in the left hand, and the strongest weapon in your right.

Kyoufu

Zeliard said:
I thought it was neat. I'm confused at what there is to really hate. Were people just getting cursed again there? lol

If it's not doing big damage you're not doing it right. :p Equip it in the left hand, and the strongest weapon in your right.

Yeah I got cursed a few times there. Then my brain cells kicked in and I realised I can just...roll away from the curse gas.

Also, I noticed you can't get cursed with high humanity. I have 72 and I can rub my buttocks on a frog's face and I won't be affected!

ironcreed said:
It is a tense as hell fight that is made much easier by taking out Ornstein first. You just have to ask yourself just how bad you really want to be able to buy that armor, I suppose. I honestly just did not care. Progress, yet still being able to do it alone was more important to me.

i gather the armour you get depends on who you kill last then?
i'd prefer Ornstein's in that case. I've only had a couple of tries so far, killing either one of them first isn't that difficult. In the second stage so far I got a little way towards killing Smough in lightning mode and haven't scratched Ornstein yet, was being careful trying to learn all his moves and when I would have an opening, then I was too close and he one-shotted me with spear impale. As long as I can find the openings and avoid that it shouldn't be too hard. At least he only has one insta-kill move, unlike the Iron Knight. Using a zwei +10, charcoal pine resin seemed to add good damage against them. If I can get in a couple two-handed hits on him while it's buffed he should go down pretty quick.

Papercuts

I just re-equipped the starting pyro gear for the frogs in the hollow. I never got cursed in the sewers either, wasn't until Seath I saw what curse even did.

I DID run past those giant mushroom guys though. I never killed them in the forest either, they seem slow and stupid but for some reason they terrify me.

Kalnos

Banned
Zeliard said:
I thought it was neat. I'm confused at what there is to really hate. Were people just getting cursed again there? lol.

It's just a lame ass area considering it's fairly long and doesn't lead to anything noteworthy besides that ring you mentioned (which is at the very beginning). Granted, I did the area without
the ability to warp bonfires
so it sucked that it was a dead end.

Zeliard said:

Well Im using a lighting spear +5 and the shield does like 470 dmg to the skeletons, but its slow to use and it let me wide open... that vs 4 giant skeletons lol

redhot_

Papercuts said:
I just re-equipped the starting pyro gear for the frogs in the hollow. I never got cursed in the sewers either, wasn't until Seath I saw what curse even did.

I DID run past those giant mushroom guys though. I never killed them in the forest either, they seem slow and stupid but for some reason they terrify me.

lol those big ones have a ton of hp and hit like a truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom