• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ced said:
1V3o0.png

Bring me Solo... and wookie.

Is Pharis
the cloaked ninja that keeps respawning in darkroot garden that melees me as I'm fighting the sorcerer? Or is Pharis further back?

Edit: NOPE! Just found her.

ced said:
This was my favorite message I've read, I actually looked around the room for a treasure chest for 20 secs or so lol.

http://i.imgur.com/1V3o0.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Spoiler that, please.

MoxManiac said:
What the fuck, why can't i cast iron flesh during boss fight with
four kings? don't tell me because it's the ring becuase it worked before. And why were there three of them left when I had killed two, isn't the boss fight FOUR kings?
It's the transient curse, I think. I had the same problem when I tried to use Power Within.

MoxManiac

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
It's the transient curse, I think. I had the same problem when I tried to use Power Within.

Oh damn, of course! Thanks, I was really stumped. Forgot about transient curse. I wondered why I was once again able to cast iron flesh halfway through the boss battle.

KorrZ

I'm absolutely destroying NG+, I think I'm a bit over-leveled for the first parts of it. SL100 and I just beat Taurus, Gargoyles, Capra, Gaping Dragon, Moonlight Butterfly and Sif in 2 hours. That was with grinding about 100k souls from the forest area. 20k per run in NG+ is so nice. I think I need to speed up to NG++ to make this challenging again.

knitoe

vilmer_ said:
Holy shite! The Asylum Demon is royally hammering my ass in. A good shield is a must for melee lol.
No need to block in that fight. Put on your fastest movement gear, no lock and 2 hand him. Stay behind him. He likes to do the fire explosion constantly so when he does it run back then run in for 1-2 hits. Repeat. If he decides to fly just run away and after he butt stomp, run in and get 1-2 hits.

KorrZ said:
I'm absolutely destroying NG+, I think I'm a bit over-leveled for the first parts of it. SL100 and I just beat Taurus, Gargoyles, Capra, Gaping Dragon, Moonlight Butterfly and Sif in 2 hours. That was with grinding about 100k souls from the forest area. 20k per run in NG+ is so nice. I think I need to speed up to NG++ to make this challenging again.

Not really. I was 96 when I started NG+. I`m at the end of it and 127 now but I`ve been saving souls I have almost 3 million

GeekyDad

Dresden said:
You're going the right way, be sure to head into the little cave set against the edge of the cliff.

Well, I went down a spiral staircase near the bonfire, and then down a lift that had a depression pad on it. I'm guessing judging from the enemies, I'm going the right way. The ghost bitches are bit much at first, especially that nice little gang up further in, but I feel like it's doable.

finally at lvl 35 i had the guts to go deeper into Blighttown and loot that place. i think i got everything good down there
(the whip, fire keeper soul, iaito which i picked up earlier, shadow armor, new pyro spells ohh yeaahhhhh)
. even with the terrible framerate at the bottom swamp i freaking loved the place, so intense and so easy to get lost... a true test of patience and nerve. thanks to whoever recommended bringing throwing knives for the mosquitos, helped tremendously! wouldn't have thought of it myself... and yea also helped a few people beat the boss too which was awesome. when i was beating the level someone invaded and me and my phantom fought him 3-4 times but he always got away, later he's spamming poison arrows at us from an island in the swamp, and we just lost it and rushed towards him without giving a fuck about the
boulder-throwing
assholes :D and my awesome phantom helped keep them at bay when i chased and backstabbed the invader. ohhh god i love this game so much despite some of the jank..........

...and speaking of jank, i fucking lost 17 humanity permanently because i fell through a wall...... GODDAMNIT. the QA team at FromSoft owes me! i had that much of it because i had helped people beat bosses the last couple of days (whenever i was lucky enough to be summoned, damn it takes long sometimes). i'm bummed, i want my humanity back! i was getting a lot more drops from enemies because of the raised item discovery rate :(

Buggy Loop said:
My xbox just RROD'd on me, /vader NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Got no money for a new one since my cat went to surgery yesterday :(

aww man just no :/ wish i could help! and i hope the cat is ok!

The camera is so god awful when fighting the Capra Demon I'm on the verge of quitting. I can't stand terrible camera's but, its magnified in this game due to the difficulty and involving combat. I must stay strong. Just a major shortcoming in a section...its just one section. Ill keep telling myself that.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just beat Ornstein and Smough... what a rush!

Can't believe I'm 77hrs in already (although I have let the game idle a lot while I've been looking stuff up), and the end seems a long, long, way off!

Just chilling on the load data screen atm, the music is really good... so relaxing.

dralla

abstract alien said:
The camera is so god awful when fighting the Capra Demon I'm on the verge of quitting. I can't stand terrible camera's but, its magnified in this game due to the difficulty and involving combat. I must stay strong. Just a major shortcoming in a section...its just one section. Ill keep telling myself that.
roll by him, run up the stairs, throw a firebomb at the dogs when they chase you. use the plunging attack off that small ledge that runs perpendicular to the top of the stairs on Capra over and over. you will have enough time to run to the top of the stairs again because he will be stunned from the attack.

that fight is straight garbage though

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Dear Miss Manners GAF Dark Souls Thread,

I know that it is considered to be good form to bow when invited into someone else's world, though if you and the summoner know each other a wave can also suffice. But if a particular host calls upon you repeatedly to assist with a boss, how many times must he die in the exact same way before it is socially acceptable to greet him with a resigned shrug? I feel that seven is a reasonable number, but was wondering if there is any formal etiquette in this regard that I should be aware of.

Also, I am aware that it is always considered poor form to use my Black Separation Crystal, but if I really find myself desperate to escape this particular engagement, is it alright if I simply turn myself into a barrel and leap to my death? I understand that the end result is still rather off-putting, but I feel this course of action would be somewhat more accommodating to the host.

Yours,
ixix

abstract alien said:

if you're around level 35 i can help you tomorrow if you want (ps3), it's easy with 2 people :)

also there are other boss fights in massive arena type rooms, with plenty of room and where the camera won't screw you over. get Capra over with and you'll get to better boss fights!

The one thing I realised about Capra Demon that made it so much easier, people say to go to the right when starting, but instead of that run at him and roll under him as he first attacks, way less of a chance of getting stuck between the three. Once you have the higher ground it's cake.

I dont remember if i posted this or not, i still need help regardless.

HOLY FUCK at the bottom of sens fortress.

Have you guys been down there? I was mopping up trophies before i finish the game and got bored and decided to see what was up down there. I was terrified. I tured another corner and there where more of them!

Is there a ring to neutralize the moment penalty? If so where is it because i would like those ores.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Oh shit yea FINALLY got past the bonfire in the undead berg by the merchant lol. I completely cheaped out at the
armored boar and shot it death with arrows from the bridge above. But fuck it, I couldn't stand to repeat that again.

A couple noob questions...
1 -
I got a some consumable called Fire something that strengthens my estus flasks... is this a perm effect? Or is it just one batch of estus flasks that get powered up. I mean should I save it?

2 - How do I leave/rate messages?

3 -
Praise the sun! I see this all the time, does this actually mean anything helpful or is it just people getting excited?

4 - I talked to some fat dude and now
Im in the covenant of the way of the white or something. wtf does that mean? Am I obligated to some task?

dralla said:
roll by him, run up the stairs, throw a firebomb at the dogs when they chase you. use the plunging attack off that small ledge that runs perpendicular to the top of the stairs on Capra over and over. you will have enough time to run to the top of the stairs again because he will be stunned from the attack.

that fight is straight garbage though
That's what my plan is(substituting the firebomb with my flame), but the moment one of them makes a move and I can't do the exact plan, the camera starts hiding behind vegetation and getting wrapped around my character and I can't see one thing lol

Ill keep at it though.

astroturfing said:
if you're around level 35 i can help you tomorrow if you want (ps3), it's easy with 2 people :)

also there are other boss fights in massive arena type rooms, with plenty of room and where the camera won't screw you over. get Capra over with and you'll get to better boss fights!
I'm only level 26, but thanks :^(

knitoe

Gamer @ Heart said:
I dont remember if i posted this or not, i still need help regardless.

HOLY FUCK at the bottom of sens fortress.

Have you guys been down there? I was mopping up trophies before i finish the game and got bored and decided to see what was up down there. I was terrified. I tured another corner and there where more of them!

Is there a ring to neutralize the moment penalty? If so where is it because i would like those ores.
Iron ring. Same one you can use in Blight Town swamp.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Mattdaddy said:
Oh shit yea FINALLY got past the bonfire in the undead berg by the merchant lol. I completely cheaped out at the
armored boar and shot it death with arrows from the bridge above. But fuck it, I couldn't stand to repeat that again.

A couple noob questions...
1 -
I got a some consumable called Fire something that strengthens my estus flasks... is this a perm effect? Or is it just one batch of estus flasks that get powered up. I mean should I save it?

2 - How do I leave/rate messages?

3 -
Praise the sun! I see this all the time, does this actually mean anything helpful or is it just people getting excited?

4 - I talked to some fat dude and now
Im in the covenant of the way of the white or something. wtf does that mean? Am I obligated to some task?

1 - Go talk to the girl in the cage underneath Firelink Shrine and choose the option to strengthen your flask. This will use the soul and permanently increase the amount of healing from your flask. Don't use the item from the inventory.

2 - You need the Orange Guidance Soapstone item, which can be purchased from the merchant in the Undead Burg for 100 souls.

3 - It's just an expression of happiness, really. People like to put it in places where you can see the sun and in places where they've feel like they've accomplished something. It's sort of the Dark Souls version of "Thank god!"

4 - You're not obligated to do anything. That covenant makes you harder to invade and makes it easier to see the co-op soul signs of other players in the Way of White. You can leave the covenant any time with no penalty.

Cutwolf

I've beat the game once, and beat most of the game a second time, but I'm focused on PvP right now.

I have a fully upgraded lightning shotel, a fully upgraded lightning bastard sword, fully upgraded Pyromancer glove (including from the 2nd merchant), smough's armor.

Sitting on 50 humanity and 500k souls.

Need suggestions on what to do/buy/grind to make my character more powerful.

Got a question for everyone here, after reading a lot of discussion about weapons/elemental attributes/and scaling.

My character is a beast. My current STR is about 73 and my Dex is around 50. I primarily use a Black Knight Halbred+5, which I think does around 345 base damage (according to its stats). But, I want to experiment with some new stuff and possibly give some elemental weapons a try. Is my level too high to really see any true results, though, that would be above what I have now? On regular enemies I'm dishing out close to 500 per shot, and with bosses I clock in around 250-350.

Any advice is appreciated!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Gamer @ Heart said:

Its really quite manageable down there with Pyromancy. Iron Flesh + Great Fireball and just blast them down one at a time. Obviously you need sneak and invis rings to neutralize the archers, but its very doable.

There's some nice loot down there, but you only need to do the area directly underneath the lift cages. The two demons in the right-side section seemed tougher to me, and I couldn't find anything else in the area.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
ixix said:
1 - Go talk to the girl in the cage underneath Firelink Shrine and choose the option to strengthen your flask. This will use the soul and permanently increase the amount of healing from your flask. Don't use the item from the inventory.

2 - You need the Orange Guidance Soapstone item, which can be purchased from the merchant in the Undead Burg for 100 souls.

3 - It's just an expression of happiness, really. People like to put it in places where you can see the sun and in places where they've feel like they've accomplished something. It's sort of the Dark Souls version of "Thank god!"

4 - You're not obligated to do anything. That covenant makes you harder to invade and makes it easier to see the co-op soul signs of other players in the Way of White. You can leave the covenant any time with no penalty.

Praise the Sun! Haha thanks. This game is incredibly unique and sweet.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I know I asked this before, but I'm gonna ask again. How do I get anor londo's fire keeper's armor?? I see no signs of it on the wikis yet :(

hteng

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
No way. Doesnt the description say balance? I would have never guess it would negate liquid.

err... rusted iron ring? that's the first thing that immediately came to mind before i jumped down there, no way in hell that black stuff is safe to stand on. but yea i hate titanite demons, they can't be staggered easily.

Pancho said:
I know I asked this before, but I'm gonna ask again. How do I get anor londo's fire keeper's armor?? I see no signs of it on the wikis yet :(

you have to kill the head of the darkmoon covenant
gywndowlin something
. he is at the darkmoon tomb bonfire, you'll find the armor at the end of the hallway once you killed him. beware doing so will aggro the fire keeper at anor londo, you can probably try to use absolution to clear your aggro though i've never tried it.

if you kill her, the bonfire will be forever gone until next NG+ but you can still warp there.

redhot_

Cutwolf said:
I've beat the game once, and beat most of the game a second time, but I'm focused on PvP right now.

I have a fully upgraded lightning shotel, a fully upgraded lightning bastard sword, fully upgraded Pyromancer glove (including from the 2nd merchant), smough's armor.

Sitting on 50 humanity and 500k souls.

Need suggestions on what to do/buy/grind to make my character more powerful.

Dark Knight Axe is real nasty when its +5, same with any Halberd fully upgraded... Think i read somewhere if you got your weapon to Chaos it stacks with humanity, so that could help you if you got lots to just sit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom