• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ced

equil said:
I saw a message that said "Imminent Beanpole" right before the princess in Anor Londo. I couldn't stop laughing.

Holy shit ok that one was better than amazing chest ahead in her room lol.

Zomba13

mrklaw said:
in the speedrun youtube video, the guy stands on the bridge near the red dragon and consumes his 'souls of undead soldier'. Why? This is a guy who is equipping weapons while going through a fog door to save precious seconds, so he wouldn't do anything without a reason. Is there a stat/damage benefit to holding onto lots of souls?
I think he used it to increase his souls while waiting for the dragon to land. He had to wait anyway so he used it then to save time.

vehn

Phonomezer said:
I know!

What has it been, 2 weeks? Crazy.

It's been over a MONTH (sept. 15) since OT1 came out. It came out a week before JPN release, which came out a week before NA release

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for the Duke's Archives? As far as weapons, stats and soul level is concerned. I'm level 56ish with a Lightning Spear+3, Eagle Sheid and Havel's Armour kit. I seem a bit underpowered.

Infamous Chris said:
To get one from Stray Demon? :lol

Haha yes. I immediately unlocked the path and owned that it. But then I couldn't decide what to do, get a trophy, or get my most powerful weapon. It's still in my inv...

33-Hit-Combo said:
Haha yes. I immediately unlocked the path and owned that it. But then I couldn't decide what to do, get a trophy, or get my most powerful weapon. It's still in my inv...

I know that feel, bro.

I'm taking advatage of the weapons dropped from the mimics and +5'ing those to get the achievements instead of starting from scratch. I downgraded my Occult Club from a Mimic to a +5 Divine and +10'd it. As soon as the achievement unlocked I put it in the bottomless box, never to be seen again.

Other than that I have a +5 Fury, +5 L. Iaito and +15 Composite Bow.

Anyway, anyone know what leaderboards there are besides book of sin and chaos covenant?

StMeph

Rez said:
Any tips for the Duke's Archives? As far as weapons, stats and soul level is concerned. I'm level 56ish with a Lightning Spear+3, Eagle Sheid and Havel's Armour kit. I seem a bit underpowered.

Havel's has nearly the highest defense of all armor in the game (fully upgraded, some others are better), but it dramatically slows down your Stamina regen. You also didn't note if you've upgraded your shield at all, but that's a big difference too -- upgraded shields tend to improve Stability, which reduces the amount of Stamina it takes to block a hit. At > 80 Stability, most trash mob hits consume less Stamina than one of your own weapon swings. Seems like you're consuming more Stamina than needed and not regenerating it very quickly. Are you > 50% load in Havel's?

You should also raise the Lightning weapon to +5. Stray Demon in
the Undead Asylum's
a guaranteed Titanite Slab drop. If you need Chunks, try to farm enough from the giants that were protecting the fog door to the
Princess
at Anor Londo.

Orayn

zerokoolpsx said:
OT3 incominggggggggg
Are we gonna get moved to the Community Ghetto® like Gears of War, Halo, and My Little Pony? What are the rules regarding how many OTs a game can have?

StMeph said:
the Undead Asylum's
a guaranteed Titanite Slab drop. If you need Chunks, try to farm enough from the giants that were protecting the fog door to the
Princess
at Anor Londo.

Chunks should ALWAYS be farmed at Darkwraiths, which are very easy to get to early game. They have a higher chunk drop and also drop slabs!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
StMeph said:
Havel's has nearly the highest defense of all armor in the game (fully upgraded, some others are better), but it dramatically slows down your Stamina regen. You also didn't note if you've upgraded your shield at all, but that's a big difference too -- upgraded shields tend to improve Stability, which reduces the amount of Stamina it takes to block a hit. At > 80 Stability, most trash mob hits consume less Stamina than one of your own weapon swings. Seems like you're consuming more Stamina than needed and not regenerating it very quickly. Are you > 50% load in Havel's?

the Undead Asylum's
Princess
at Anor Londo.
All round fantastic advice, man. Thanks!

I got some chunks from the Dark Wariths in NLR, I'll hit the up a bit for my spear and get my shield upgraded some as well. Ive dealt with the Stray already. I am over 50%, I didn't realise it affected stamina regen. It certainly SEEMS to be going up fast, it's just the enemies in Duke's seem to be taking more stamina off than I was expecting.

I've been neglecting Armour upgrades in general. My bad.

Edit: I'm typing this on my phone. Excuse the awful structure and grammar.

AEREC

equil said:
I saw a message that said "Imminent Beanpole" right before the princess in Anor Londo. I couldn't stop laughing.

Awesome...Id rate that one if I saw it. I felt the need to throw down another "Amazing Chest Ahead," even though there were already like 4 near her.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
StMeph said:

the Undead Asylum's
Princess
at Anor Londo.

Is Havel's what armor people tend to use? I'm not sure which armor to wear/upgrade at this point. Still using my hollow shield though.

Finalow

the fuck? I tried to summon 5 times, guess what, summon failed.
BUT HEY the same dude invaded me TWO times.
wow this is so cool.

Infamous Chris said:
I know that feel, bro.

I'm taking advatage of the weapons dropped from the mimics and +5'ing those to get the achievements instead of starting from scratch. I downgraded my Occult Club from a Mimic to a +5 Divine and +10'd it. As soon as the achievement unlocked I put it in the bottomless box, never to be seen again.

Yeah I'm doing the same thing as you with the weapons but a few require regular tit slabs :(
Infamous Chris said:
Chunks should ALWAYS be farmed at Darkwraiths, which are very easy to get to early game. They have a higher chunk drop and also drop slabs!

Oh dude, but what about the respawning Black Knights :D obviously late in the game though. I had fun in there.

Raw64life

equil said:

lol. In what situation would you actually use beanpole the way the developer intended?

GJS

commish said:
Is Havel's what armor people tend to use? I'm not sure which armor to wear/upgrade at this point. Still using my hollow shield though.
Hollow shield is great, upgrade that beast to +15 for 85 stability whilst keeping the ability to parry or you can upgrade the silver knight shield for like 83 stability using twinkling titanite instead, depends if you want to use a titanite slab or not.

I personally have been using the same armour I started the game with, the Black leather set upgraded to +9 is pretty low weight and has improved defence over the gold-hemmed set.

Defuser

Man, Nito is such a pushover once you used ironflesh and pyro...not to mention he miss most of the time. And I'm done with tomb of giants,hate that dark place.

bunbun777

OT++ would be my idea.

Got to Izalith man what a dump. Horrible leg things. I can smell that new game plus though and I am getting excited.

Some of the most fun I have had is when phantoms invade and I kill 'em. So fun. The only ones that seem to get me without much of a battle are these sneaky bastards that some how lock on to my back and one shot me--

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does New Game+ scale the enemies up with you?

I keep flip-flopping on whether I'll finish this. It's just the Four Kings, Duke's Archives, the Catacombs and then Demon Ruins and the end game. I'm so close.

I still haven't stopped by the Great Hollow yet. Or Valley of the Drakes. Oh god.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Farmed up 135,000 souls and 42 humanity down in Tomb of the Giants. And funny enough, I was only able to gain four levels from all those souls. :lol

Now time to focus on my Pyromancy. And I'm not even a Pyromancer!

Rez said:

I keep flip-flopping on whether I'll finish this. It's just the Four Kings, Duke's Archives, the Catacombs and then Demon Ruins and the end game. I'm so close.

I still haven't stopped by the Great Hollow yet. Or Valley of the Drakes. Oh god.

Yes. A lot. I'm actually dying over little mistakes.

sixghost

MYE said:
I rolled Pyromancer. Is it a good class for a first run?

I'm still early enough to start over again.
Yeah they're a great starting class. Not that your starting class really matters past 10 hours.

hteng

Banned
Rez said:

my Black knight great sword +5 with STR 99 was unable to kill or penetrate an undead spear soldier's shield in one hit. that's how scaled up it is.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Darklord said:
This game can be fun but fuck it's bullshit sometimes.

Oh hey, have this fire keeper soul! It boosts power of your estus flasks! Press to use!! LOL, YOU USED IT? SUCK SHIT, YOU WASTED IT. You were meant to give it an NPC you haven't even met yet! Hahahaha.

The game is just trolling me half the time.
The game does give you a lot of chances to make the wrong decisions. It's pretty harsh.

Holden

Akuun said:
The game does give you a lot of chances to make the wrong decisions. It's pretty harsh.

ya... i went through some sewers and some undead dude behind bars and atked it and i found out it was a merchant and now she starts yelling at me when i go infront of her and wont sell my anything T.T

makes me so pissed since apparently its the only merchants that i can access who sells humanitys...

StMeph

Rez said:
Or Valley of the Drakes. Oh god.

It's just a hub area connecting
Darkroot Basin, New Londo Ruins, and Blighttown
. You're just missing a bit of loot (Brigand Armor) and a ring (Red Tearstone).

Why can't there be an item like Talisman of Beasts? I don't care if the Magic/Miracle/Flame adjustment is 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom