• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
They're rushing an emergency patch to break Durante's fix.

GUYS! I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! You know how not telling you how to do anything is the hook in Demon's/Dark Souls? THE RESOLUTION LOCK WAS ALL PART OF THE PLAN! They've gone completely insane with their desire to not tell us anything about how to play the game that they've extended that mentality to include running the game!!!! That's some next level shit right there!
Pickin up what you're putting down guys.

Thanks for the work Durante. From should be ashamed.

Glass Rebel

Since I already used that 20% off code on GMG for Dishonored I guess I'll have to wait for another deal. I hope it happens soon, this fix pushes me over the edge.

NBtoaster

Ahh you're right. It's just that my library doesn't link to the store page properly for some reason. I might leave my PC on so I can get someone to start the download while I'm at work today.

It's like that for me too.

For anyone who got it from GMG, what does the game in your library look like?

ArynCrinn

Banned
I'm still afraid of the listed 3.0GHz requirement. Has anyone successfully run this on a 2.4GHz Quad?

I remember a preview stating it ran fine on a 2.2GHz quad so you might be fine, from the early reports I'm hearing, I won't indulge, but I'm hearing no matter what's being used it still drops to 20fps in problem areas. Backstabs and pyro are also getting slight drops in frames...

Edit:

But truth be told, the game ran beautifully during my demo, and the machine I was playing on--an HP laptop with a 2.2 i7 processor--wasn't exactly a powerhouse. Even better, Zien assured me that Dark Souls will in fact run "much better" on PC than it does on consoles, promising that the atrocious framerate issues found in problem areas like Blighttown have been corrected.

Article here

Is there anyone in here that has never played a souls game yet and this is their first time going into one?

Just curious, you should be in for a helluva ride!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've just seen the minimum requirements for the game... Do you think it'll run on an Athlon 7750 processor (dual-core, 2.7 GHz)?

TheExodu5

Banned
So what are the odds of a 60FPS fix now?

Pretty low. Seems like the speed of the game is tied with the framerate.

Speaking of which...this confuses me. If it's tied with the framerate, why did Dark Souls on consoles run at full speed even when it dipped well below 30fps?

Maybe there is a physics thread, and a separate rendering thread that polls for physics data? Maybe there's a way to just speed up the rendering thread without touching the physics thread.

Revenile

Is there anyone in here that has never played a souls game yet and this is their first time going into one?

Just curious, you should be in for a helluva ride!

Yo, first timer here, even though I have a ps3, just was never interested in the game until this pc release oddly enough.

Haunted

I'm sure the mods are holding an emergency discussion now to give Durante the tag he deserves.

Still partial to

Durante
23 minutes

With a link to his post, obviously.

tokkun

Sorry if this has been answered already, but didn't see it while skimming through:

Does this affect your ability to play online on GFWL? It seems like the answer will critically affect the utility of the resolution patch.

Top Bottom