• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

zkylon

zkylewd
It was recorded on a GTX 560, hardly a good card for modern games.
lol wut?

Darksiders II: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent
Sleeping Dogs: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950 with 1 GB

(those are recommended settings by the way)

A GTX 560 should be more than enough for all modern games. Probably not enough to record poorly optimized games, though.

Works also for me now :) 11mb/s nice!
You first world devils. I'm getting 700kb/s and I'm happy.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Looks really weird... also, not stable 30fps.

Facts:

-Game IS very unoptimized, you WILL get framerate drops no matter your setup. This is from over 20 people I've talked to about it, all with mid-top setups. All the same types of drops present on the consoles. Just lessened, usually I've heard it gets as low as 17fps on a GTX260. Also heard input lag complaints.
-Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible. Use a controller. This might not apply to everybody but everybody I've spoken to says they suck.
-Same bugs and glitches as the consoles.

So overall, nothing that bad, but that's what I've heard so far. Steam version can't unlock soon enough, tired of waiting.

antitrop

It's a good card, can handle every new game close to max. The second most used card according to the Steam survey.
I have a GTX 590 and I'm starting to hit sub-60FPS maxing out the newest games (Sleeping Dogs, The Witcher 2 w/ Ubersampling). Don't overestimate the 560.

Dark Souls is also poorly optimized.

dani_dc

It's a good card, can handle every new game close to max. The second most used card according to the Steam survey.

The 560 is actually a different card from the 560ti, with that said I agree with the sentiment, the 560 should have no issue running this game regardless.

There's no fucking way I'll be buying this since the devs didn't care enough to dedicate 20 more minutes to the port. Durante is the man for exposing their ridiculous laziness.

vg260

There's no fucking way I'll be buying this since the devs didn't care enough to dedicate 20 more minutes to the port. Durante is the man for exposing their ridiculous laziness.

I kinda wish he kept this under wraps until the game bombed and dropped to clearance price status, and they got the negative press they deserved for such a poor effort. They don't deserve the sales from this fix.

LiK

I kinda wish he kept this under wraps until the game bombed and dropped to clearance price status, and they got the negative press they deserved for such a poor effort. They don't deserve the sales from this fix.

i'm not buying until Steam sale. hopefully Winter will do it.

So the game is no longer available on GMG for Aussies. Guess I'm not getting it then... You can't just create a different account and use the same payment details either.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up and started preloading / watching that stream. Has it been confirmed yet if weapon scaling has changed?

chiablo

I prefer to think more positively. As a result of Durante's work, From Software will make significantly more sales. So hopefully when Dark Souls 2 comes out, it will be released on all platforms simultaneously and they will put more effort on the PC version.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Im not able to buy the game from GMG, always gives me an error when trying to make the payment :\
Are you out using public wifi somewhere? My friend kept getting payment errors last night at a coffee shop but then when he went home it worked right away.

tmaynard

It could have been more of a "we don't know how" and less of a "we don't care". If FROM could have fixed it in 20 minutes, I'm sure they would have. We're just very lucky to have someone like Durante in the PC gaming community.

cyen

Are you out using public wifi somewhere? My friend kept getting payment errors last night at a coffee shop but then when he went home it worked right away.

Nop, its from my wifi at home, it seems they dont want to take my money :( 32€ seemed a fair deal.

Raxus

It could have been more of a "we don't know how" and less of a "we don't care". If FROM could have fixed it in 20 minutes, I'm sure they would have. We're just very lucky to have someone like Durante in the PC gaming community.

Not to mention Durante's fix also broke the intro video and perhaps other things. We have to wait much longer than 20 minutes to make sure the all the bugs are worked out of Durante's work. Here is hoping Durante's fix works and From learns some tricks for the next Souls PC port.

LiK

Not to mention Durante's fix also broke the intro video and perhaps other things. We have to wait much longer than 20 minutes to make sure the all the bugs are worked out of Durante's work. Here is hoping Durante's fix works and From learns some tricks for the next Souls PC port.

actually, he said he fixed the intro as well. too lazy to look up the post in here.

Eusis

Admittedly I imagine there's a lot to do in a port that they were more focused on.

But they still could've dedicated an extra half hour to figure out the magic behind multiple resolutions.

Cetra

I left the house to take care of some things before the game unlocked on Steam. When I left it said "unlocks in 6 hours."

Now I'm back, thinking I had about 1 1/2 hours to wait until I could play. But now Steam says
"unlocks in 10 hours".

Damn. It.

Teknoman

He fixed the intro breakage.

I left the house to take care of some things before the game unlocked on Steam. When I left it said "unlocks in 6 hours."

Now I'm back, thinking I had about 1 1/2 hours to wait until I could play. But now Steam says
"unlocks in 10 hours".

Damn. It.

This North American is now suddenly seeing "This game will unlock in approximately 2 hours." Big jump. Yes! Hope it sticks.

Top Bottom