• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Trilogy Remastered - PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch - Details In Thread

Orpheum

The Port is to a major degree being handled by QLOC according to unnamed sources:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...s-about-the-dark-souls-remaster/#41ef99bb2fb3

Dale writes, "The PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of Dark Souls Remaster are, to some major degree, being worked on by QLOC. FromSoft may be doing some work, but certainly not all of it."

would make sense and QLOC has some experience at handling ports. Judge for yourself whether these are good news.

List of Ports by QLOC
  • Dead Rising HD Remaster Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC
  • Tales of Zestiria Playstation 4, PC
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse PC
  • DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition Playstation 4, Xbox One
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition PC
  • Devil May Cry (w ramach Devil May Cry HD Collection) Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter X Tekken PC
  • Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City PC
  • DmC: Devil may Cry PC
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition PC
  • Resident Evil 6 PC
  • Remember Me PC
  • Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition PC
  • Dustforce PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360
  • Rime PC, Xbox One
  • God Eater Resurrection PC
  • God Eater 2 Rage Burst PC
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice PC

Sakura

I've never actually played the first dark souls I hate to admit :( got 6 hours into the second before loosing my data and didn't go back, is it that bad? I thought the whole game ran at 30fps on PS3/360 anyway.
The game runs like garbage at times. Like, 10~FPS.
I would be amazed if the Switch version managed to maintain a solid 30FPS at 1080p.

goljanek

Neo Member
would make sense and QLOC has some experience at handling ports. Judge for yourself whether these are good news.

I believe some of their recent ports (Dragons Dogma for instance) were universally praised for their top-notch technical side.

Orpheum

I believe some of their recent ports (Dragons Dogma for instance) were universally praised for their top-notch technical side.

Unfortunately the only game i played from this list was the definitive edition of DmC on PS4. It was an excellent port so for me at least those are good news^^

DbaziNews

Neo Member
Good News for Big N fans.
Nintendo of Europe will distribute the retail version of Dark Souls Remastered for Nintendo Switch in Europe. The title will be the fifth 3rd party game that Nintendo of Europe distributes on Switch, with Doom, Skyrim, Ultra Street Fighter 2, and Schlag den Star being the other four.

Source

Last edited:
I have a feeling the port isn’t going to be that good and we should keep our expectations low. If only bluepoint were doing it...

DbaziNews

Neo Member
Virtuos working on the Switch version of Dark Souls: Remastered.studio how doing port L.A. Noire on Switch and Batman Return to Arkham on Xbox on and PS4
dark-souls-remastered.png

Orpheum

Sorry for thread bump but the first gameplay has been shown at nintendo direct. Doesn't look like a remaster and more like a port though^^ let's see how it looks on PS4/X1...

royox

Sorry for thread bump but the first gameplay has been shown at nintendo direct. Doesn't look like a remaster and more like a port though^^ let's see how it looks on PS4/X1...

>Remastered
>Looks even worse than the original

What the actual hell.

Would be nice if the other versions are running on the engine used for DS3 and Boodborne.

Playing SOTFS right now because I figured I wait on this but starting to wonder if I should just play the PC version of 1.

Last edited:
What I think is great is that we will get to try before we buy via the online beta, which will show how good the port really is on the Switch. I think I will be getting the PS4 Pro Version just for the fact that its in 4K and will have a very good framerate.

VertigoOA

Banned
I'm in on the PS4 to complete the trilogy.

What are people actually expecting from switch hardware? Its games will not look that far removed from PS360 games at all. Keep your expectations in check.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
What do we know about these, have not been following, will these be 60fps on consoles? We already had 60fps versions as it were.

Donnie

I'm in on the PS4 to complete the trilogy.

What are people actually expecting from switch hardware? Its games will not look that far removed from PS360 games at all. Keep your expectations in check.

Apparently its running at nearly 3x the resolution on Switch in comparison to 360/PS3 versions. We also don't know if the frame rate is better (certainly couldn't be worse..). So yeah given that it's a bit much to expect extra graphical effects as well.

Last edited:

Calibos

Apparently its running at nearly 3x the resolution on Switch in comparison to 360/PS3 versions. We also don't know if the frame rate is better (certainly couldn't be worse..). So yeah given that it's a bit much to expect extra graphical effects as well.

Old Face-Off for PS3/360

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dark-souls-face-off

Each version runs at a native 1024x720, with v-sync engaged. The decision to decrease the resolution from Demon's Souls' 1280x720 is more than made up for by the additional coat of 2x multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA) lavished upon the overall image

I can't do math, but the Switch seems to have an edge for sure.

Last edited:

Pejo

In for the Switch version and Solaire amiibo. Not even thinking twice about it. Dark Souls on the go - what a day to be alive.

Donnie

Yep nearly 3x the resolution on Switch, I'd also be very surprised if the framerate wasn't improved. I mean the original got as low as 11fps on 360/PS3.

Codes 208

Im still likely gonna double dip. Switch for that amiibo support and for dark souls on the go and xbox for achievables and full 1080p 60fps

Boss Man

Don’t usually preorder, but dark souls at 4k/60fps at $30 on amazon is a no brainer

Last edited:

Seriously PC version with mod look better than this, I expected more from this. In this case maybe i'll just buy Praised The Sun Amiibo only without purchase the game

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I think everybody is throwing their arms up (get it, praise the lulz!) about this and not really thinking...

Come on. It’s dark souls. It’s a game where even at its best, it’s never really a technological marvel. It’s not supposed to be. It does exactly what it does. Brilliantly.

So many people enjoyed it when it first came out, and this will be essentially that same game, smoother, higher resolution and portable. What’s the problem?

Sure I get it. Remastered makes it sound like the whole game was being redone. But that was silly to expect in the first place given the time this has been cooking. Look st Burnout Paradise. Longer in the oven from a bigger better track record dev, and that was just tossed out with barely any work.

I’m buying it, for that Xbox one x goodness. I may double dip on switch too, because this is just the sort of game I want to play on the can. But even if it’s just the first game at 4k 60... that is so enough for me :)

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I'm more interested in the gameplay changes than in the graphics. They probably will just implement dks3 systems (co-op/pvp level restrictions with upgrade restrictions, player count and item drop limitations), if they keep it like dks1 it will be a grief fest...

KevinKeene

Banned
I'm more interested in the gameplay changes than in the graphics. They probably will just implement dks3 systems (co-op/pvp level restrictions with upgrade restrictions, player count and item drop limitations), if they keep it like dks1 it will be a grief fest...

Will there be any gameplay changes?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think everybody is throwing their arms up (get it, praise the lulz!) about this and not really thinking...

Come on. It’s dark souls. It’s a game where even at its best, it’s never really a technological marvel. It’s not supposed to be. It does exactly what it does. Brilliantly.

So many people enjoyed it when it first came out, and this will be essentially that same game, smoother, higher resolution and portable. What’s the problem?

Sure I get it. Remastered makes it sound like the whole game was being redone. But that was silly to expect in the first place given the time this has been cooking. Look st Burnout Paradise. Longer in the oven from a bigger better track record dev, and that was just tossed out with barely any work.

I’m buying it, for that Xbox one x goodness. I may double dip on switch too, because this is just the sort of game I want to play on the can. But even if it’s just the first game at 4k 60... that is so enough for me :)
I agree completely. As you stated DS was never a technological marvel, but the footage I saw looked great. It will look and play infinitely better than last gen consoles versions and that is really everything we should ask for. The price is fair ($39.99) and if that is too high, don't buy it or wait until a price drop.

I guess if I had to complain its that I feel Demons Souls would have been a better choice to remaster since there is a whole audience that has never played that game.

Last edited:

Could they do more if resources weren't wasted on a seemingly straight port for the Switch..

Copper

I'll save my judgement until I see the PS4/PC version. On another note I've been playing through the PC version using a prepare to die again mod that changes things up kinda like SOTFS adds cut content, new locations of items enemies, bofires ect.. and I'm really enjoying it. Also looks fantastic playing it in 4K 60fps.

Last edited:
If only this had been the whole trilogy for Switch. Being able to play all three Dark Souls games anywhere would've been great.

Would've loved if Nintendo had also contracted From Software to make a Soulslike game on the Switch, even if for a wider age demographic, like a mascot Soulslike game or a more cartoonified soulslike game (in the spirit of Majora's Mask or something similar).

partime

I'm new to Dark Souls but have beaten Bloodborne.

Should I purchase Dark Souls 3 standard or deluxe edition on PS4 Pro?

Armorian

Banned
I'm new to Dark Souls but have beaten Bloodborne.

Should I purchase Dark Souls 3 standard or deluxe edition on PS4 Pro?

I think you should wait for this remaster, start with the first game.

If you want DS3 right now, deluxe has dlc so it's the better choice.

mishka_

Neo Member
I have never played a Souls game. Definitely going to pick up DS1 remastered.
Also, why does the DS amiibo even exist?

Top Bottom