• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkest Dungeon |OT| A festering mecca of antediluvian evil

auIc3VR.jpg

I love this comic.

Can't really put my finger on it, but for weeks I was heavily into this game, then gradually lost interest to continue playing.
I guess it doesn't feel fun or rewarding enough. Early to mid game felt more fun than late game. I'm also not a fan of how they designed the dungeon/quest selection.

sanhora

The Antiquarian Update coming to beta branch today.

We are doing this update a little differently than some of you may be used to; we will be deploying the update to our public beta branch “coming_in_hot”. For the next few days the Antiquarian Update will live on this beta branch that will require players to opt into. Once you opt in you cannot go back to the older build. After a couple of days of allowing the community to test the new systems and submit bug/feedback, we will tweak/adjust & make it live for all our players in the main branch, at which point beta players can safely switch back to the release build.

To opt into the Public Beta Branch:

Right Click on Darkest Dungeon in your Steam Library
Select Properties
Select BETAs tab
In the dropdown box select “coming_in_hot”
Close the Properties Window

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
This beta has some good shit. Putting my week 114 game aside to just mess around in a fresh playthrough. Love the new narrator phrases.

RNGesus needs to give a brother some Antiquarians though.

Oh and HWM got major melee buffs. Duelist's Advance activates Riposte :O

Sober

Random heirlooms sounds okay. At least I'm not obligated to run certain dungeons cause I need deeds or something, I guess.

K.Jack

darkest%202016-03-11%2023-19-49-07.jpg

Freshly pulled off the chuck wagon, as an example. That's a huge amount of grind you won't have to do.

K.Jack

Beat the game. Cruised through the first 3 phases of the Darkest Dungeon without a lost Hero.

Really have enjoyed this game, and I hope they do some DLC. Steam says I clocked 279 hours, but I'm sure I fell asleep multiple times. Still, no regrets paying full price.

Mogwai

I've started on this game and managed to do a handful of missions with no deaths.

What are the best ways to start upgrading? I assume I should start improving my heroes, but they're still level 1. Is it worth it yet?

johnsmith

remember me
I've started on this game and managed to do a handful of missions with no deaths.

What are the best ways to start upgrading? I assume I should start improving my heroes, but they're still level 1. Is it worth it yet?

I wouldn't upgrade until you're going for a boss with level 2 characters.

johnsmith

remember me
I seem to have hit a wall on the 3rd tier of difficulty. My fully upgraded level 5 characters can't beat any missions. Doesn't help that I only seem to get medium and long length quests. Any tips?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So soon the game will be out on PS4. What do you all say? Buy or no buy?

I read this thread, but maybe opinions changed over the last few months :)

reson8or

So soon the game will be out on PS4. What do you all say? Buy or no buy?

I read this thread, but maybe opinions changed over the last few months :)

Hard buy for me. I've been waiting a while for it to reach PS4 and Vita. The game appeals to me in just about every way. Very excited.

Malio

It's a great game, but the grind is terribly long and quite brutal. I lost interest when I got to the last dungeon...it should have been a BIT easier, but it actually got harder and I quickly lost interest. Oh well, 80% completed and it was fun.

Speaking of which, did they abandon dlc for the game or what?

I remember the devs saying they were working on some but then it just kinda never happened.

Szadek

Speaking of which, did they abandon dlc for the game or what?

I remember the devs saying they were working on some but then it just kinda never happened.
There was the Antiquarian and the Everything burns updates, but they were free.
Maybe we get something more after PS4 version is out.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for all the responses :D!
I just can't decide between psn or ios..I mean, I carry my iPad with me everywhere, but it would be nice to play on my ps4..will have to think about that.

Edit: oh, after a quick google, the iOS port is further down the road.

danowat

Banned
Hard buy for me. I've been waiting a while for it to reach PS4 and Vita. The game appeals to me in just about every way. Very excited.

I'm very interested how this will play on the Vita in particular, I've been playing a lot of Steamworl Heist on my Vita, and the platform is perfect for turn based 2D games.

mekes

Loving the game, waited such a long time for it! If I'd of known on the PC release just how long it would take to be released on PS4 I think I'd of just bought it ages ago. I have tried the PC version, the controller mapping on PS4 takes a little effort to get to grips with but beyond that everything seems great.

HotHamBoy

Loving the game, waited such a long time for it! If I'd of known on the PC release just how long it would take to be released on PS4 I think I'd of just bought it ages ago. I have tried the PC version, the controller mapping on PS4 takes a little effort to get to grips with but beyond that everything seems great.

Where is it out?

Begaria

Oh, so that was a pre-order discount ? Mmmh. 21.99€ is kinda steep

Trust me, that price isn't steep for the amount of content and length of the game. You could easily sink 50+ hours into this game. I've got that much time on PC and I haven't even come close to actually getting the Darkest Dungeon (final dungeon in the game).

Late Flag

I've been looking forward to this game for months. Unfortunately I've got plans for this evening, but I can't wait to download this and dive in tomorrow.

Top Bottom