• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

So you are saying it's possible to play with the ui disabled? :p

Oh yeah, snap.

And why would you want to play without those numbers? It's awesome to see big numbers pop-up when you crit!

The more action oriented gamers will probably care less about critical hits, and more about keeping up cool juggles, cancels and combos. Having those numbers float up after every hit will be a bit distracting.

I'm hoping you can turn them off.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It is better than Darksiders 1 in every aspect, except the story (
not as epic as the first one, plays in the same time periode as Darksiders 1, cliffhanger
)

Oh God please tell me it's not the same as the first game! I will kill someone from Vigil!

I can't get into playing female characters..i try to but it just doesn't feel good to me hopefully fury is awesome enough that i look past that.

I can't get into playing female characters..i try to but it just doesn't feel good to me hopefully fury is awesome enough that i look past that.

????

Look past playing as a female character? What does that even mean in an action/adventure series like Darksiders? Do you really relate to WAR or DEATH because they're portrayed as male?

????

Look past playing as a female character? What does that even mean in an action/adventure series like Darksiders? Do you really relate to WAR or DEATH because they're portrayed as male?

I can't really explain it nothing against females or anything, it's the same thing with Tomb Raider games I can't get into them, seeing a chick with big tits or the newer one looking like a young college girl taking out harden mercenaries... I can't feel it but I am thinking Fury is more of a god like character so I might not care if they portray her in a good manner

pelican

See I don't get that. I am an active red blooded male yet I have no issue with it all. I play MMO games and my characters are female.

Comfortable with your sexuality? Shouldn't be an issue. Playing a female toon does not make you gay believe it or not.

????

I can't really explain it nothing against females or anything, it's the same thing with Tomb Raider games I can't get into them, seeing a chick with big tits or the newer one looking like a young college girl taking out harden mercenaries... I can't feel it but I am thinking Fury is more of a god like character so I might not care if they portray her in a good manner

See I don't get that. I am an active red blooded male yet I have no issue with it all. I play MMO games and my characters are female.

Comfortable with your sexuality? Shouldn't be an issue. Playing a female toon does not make you gay believe it or not.

She seems like a for sure Bad Ass character.If she is anything like her design.

8nbI1.jpg

So very excited. First game was GOTY 2010 for me. Sequel looks incredible. GOTY 2012 I wager. Preordered, Day 1, all that jazz.

It helps that I'm a loot whore

I think he was trying to say that a young 20-something girl can take on hordes of skilled battle veterans is just...unrealistic. I'm not really a fan of that either.

I don't have a problem playing a female toon in an MMO like WoW, but if I'm playing a single player game like Skyrim, why would a male roll a female character? Unless he wants to roleplay as a female I guess.

Some people can't relate to playing as a female. It's not really that far fetched.

I think he was trying to say that a young 20-something girl can take on hordes of skilled battle veterans is just...unrealistic. I'm not really a fan of that either.

I don't have a problem playing a female toon in an MMO like WoW, but if I'm playing a single player game like Skyrim, why would a male roll a female character? Unless he wants to roleplay as a female I guess.
My friends does that in every game with a female optional. I personally and seriously believe they have some kind of unconcious fetish with it.

For that THQ offer, will it just give me a steam key or what if I choose the download option? Because on the page it's got some bullshit about buying an extended download service.

EDIT: Took the plunge since the requirements said it required steam...yet it didn't send me a key? What the hell?

Some people can't relate to playing as a female. It's not really that far fetched.

That's where I differ. Personally, I don't care about "relating" to a character unless I'm actually role playing my own decisions (like Mass Effect). And even then, I think I had more fun in Mass Effect with Renegade female Shepard being a prick rather than picking what I'd actually say. So female horseman? Bring it on. A good character is a good character.

Zeth

Never played the first, but I'm now ultra-hyped for this. It looks so incredible. I almost feel like just jumping right in. I guess I should play the first one if possible though, right?

That's where I differ. Personally, I don't care about "relating" to a character unless I'm actually role playing my own decisions (like Mass Effect). And even then, I think I had more fun in Mass Effect with Renegade female Shepard being a prick rather than picking what I'd actually say. So female horseman? Bring it on. A good character is a good character.

That's fine, I was just replying to how dogman was just acting like it's an impossibility though. Some people are fine with it, some aren't, can't really argue anything.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't care about playing women when there's no choice but given a choice I always play as a guy first. They usually just work in games better. Probably because almost no one in gaming knows how to make a woman that's not walking around like a prostitute or all weak and pathetic like how the new lara croft looks.

DieH@rd

Banned
Never played the first, but I'm now ultra-hyped for this. It looks so incredible. I almost feel like just jumping right in. I guess I should play the first one if possible though, right?

You will get yourself introduced to the universe, and basic gameplay. Just a warning, DS1 has some pacing issues. First 1-2 hours is really combat oriented, and you may find some difficult puzzle areas in the later stages of the game. If you get to the middle of the game where you acquire horse, from that point on you will have firm grasp on the game's structure.

Hindle

Banned
If they were to make a game around Fury, then looking at Beyond Good and Evil for an influence would be a start. The way Jade moves is how all female protagonists should move.

Confirmed by one of the Virgil devs via twitter (Ithink the same guy who posts here), the combat numbers can turned off in options.

Yesbaby.jpg

Now all the game needs is a area where the enemies infinitely respawn.

I wouldn't mind playing as a female character as long as they actually get the character right. Far too often female leads are a bit unrealistic in how they act. They act way too macho a lot of the time. Femme butch just doesn't scream realism to me.

DieH@rd

Banned
Can we force life bars on enemies to be visible always, or can they bi visible only in "focus" mode when you lock-on on one enemy?

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Confirmed by one of the Virgil devs via twitter (Ithink the same guy who posts here), the combat numbers can turned off in options.

Yesbaby.jpg

Now all the game needs is a area where the enemies infinitely respawn.

Yes you can turn off damage indicators, and yes, there is a special place for brawlers to unleash. It's similar to Bloody Palace, but it's called The Crucible. Shit gets real in there :)

H

@haydndalton

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
If we ever get chance to do Fury, believe, she'll be badass. She actually has the most flexibility, melee combat-wise, due to her whip. Plus she'll have other mechanisms to destroy her foes too.

I don't care if the main character is male or female, I just want to be entertained and have fun. C'mon, Metroid was badass! Some of the Tomb Raiders have been great too. Guardian of Light is one the best XBLA games out there.

H

@haydndalton

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Can we force life bars on enemies to be visible always, or can they bi visible only in "focus" mode when you lock-on on one enemy?

No, we didn't want the screen to be too cluttered, so, we opted to put the bar on the creature you're currently focused on. Bosses always have their bar visible though.

H

@haydndalton

Labadal

If we ever get chance to do Fury, believe, she'll be badass. She actually has the most flexibility, melee combat-wise, due to her whip. Plus she'll have other mechanisms to destroy her foes too.

I don't care if the main character is male or female, I just want to be entertained and have fun. C'mon, Metroid was badass! Some of the Tomb Raiders have been great too. Guardian of Light is one the best XBLA games out there.

H

@haydndalton

Catwoman type of traversal like in Arkham City could be cool for some dungeons, but it's to early for talk like that!

MMaRsu

Banned

H

Awww yea sounds good! I'd actually love 4 different SP games then combine them all in a crazy 5th installment with perhaps coop ( no forced online implementation please ).

No, we didn't want the screen to be too cluttered, so, we opted to put the bar on the creature you're currently focused on. Bosses always have their bar visible though.

H

Good news!

Yes you can turn off damage indicators, and yes, there is a special place for brawlers to unleash. It's similar to Bloody Palace, but it's called The Crucible. Shit gets real in there :)

H

This game sounds too good to be true man! Thankfully you're able to turn off those dmg indicators, I don't like them very much but maybe I'll adjust to them because I do like seeing big crits and stuff haha.

Hdn, in the future, via comic book etc,will you be exploring the lore
before the 4 were horsemen and wat death actually did to feel so guilty about his race?

The world and story has so much room to grow. I have only read the wiki and I really impressed what has been created.

Drewfonse

I think the damage indicators might be most useful when switching weapons, mainly for a tangible indicator of increased/decreased damage output.

Ponn

Banned
My PS3 took the crapper a month ago because of lightning storm (God I hate florida, too many reasons) and it will probably be a couple months before I get a new one. Waiting for either super slim or Black Friday deal.

Anyways, even though I can't play it still keeping my preorder on this one paying full price. Great developers deserve my money and even though i'm a cheapass most of the time I will support the games I really love so Vigil deserves it. I even dirtied myself and preordered at Gamestop for the first time in a couple years for the damn DLC.

Ammish

Banned
She seems like a for sure Bad Ass character.If she is anything like her design.

8nbI1.jpg

And that design upset my fiancee 8D

"So the horseman get cool-looking armour design, but Fury wears dominatrix slut armour that is almost like every other female in armour".

I can see her issue though. She loves armour, but hates the armour variety for female in some RPGs.

DieH@rd

Banned
Hdn, in the future, via comic book etc,will you be exploring the lore
before the 4 were horsemen and wat death actually did to feel so guilty about his race?

The world and story has so much room to grow. I have only read the wiki and I really impressed what has been created.

They will most probably talk about that in Darksiders II. Lets wait and see.

Decado

Any news suggestion as to what could be the strongest platform? There seems to be a good pre-order deal so I may bite.

And that design upset my fiancee 8D

"So the horseman get cool-looking armour design, but Fury wears dominatrix slut armour that is almost like every other female in armour".

I can see her issue though. She loves armour, but hates the armour variety for female in some RPGs.

To be fare, that concept was done like 5 years ago. If they were to be featured in future games I am sure they would look totally different. Their was an interview with Joe Mad, wear he said that Death was the only concept surprisingly that he nailed with the original concept, and that usually never happens.

For example, here is what War was going to look like before he was reworked over and over.

399.jpg

Top Bottom