• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

He is right, though. It is not like this game is THAT unplayable because I have not seen a video that is even remotely getting close to that.

You'll have to excuse other people for having higher standards then you then. 2012, 6 years in and we still can't get a consistent framerate or minimal screen tearing.

Thank God for the PC so I don't have to put up with ignoring shitty framerates/screen tearing for 30+ hours.

Einbroch

Banned
Played it for a bit at my friend's place. Yeah, I'm glad I pre-ordered it on PC. Minor screen tearing, annoying slowdown (seemed to almost always play at 20 or so FPS), and muddied graphics aren't impressing me anymore. Still crazy fun, but PC is definitely the way to go.

Gbraga

Framerate is not really about the looks only...

For the guys like me who are excited about the combat mostly, framerate drops are a big let down.

Won't stop me from playing it though.

Constant 20 fps? That's ummm not playable to me. People can bitch or moan about my "high standards", but expecting a game to be at least 30 isn't asking a lot. 25 I can live with if its constant. 20 FPS greatly affects controls. Blehhhh. Hopefully the 20 FPS comment is inaccurate.

DonMigs85

Just sayin', if you have a decent gaming PC then by all means get the game there.
But if the consoles are your only option, don't dump the game just because the framerate isn't to your liking. Every sale helps.

You'll have to excuse other people for having higher standards then you then. 2012, 6 years in and we still can't get a consistent framerate or minimal screen tearing.

6 years in, consoles getting older while the need to have better graphics get higher. The last couple of years the majority of the games showed the small problems that DS2 seems to have as well, and the bitching just continues on and on and on. You know that those things can be present. Either take it for granted or wait for the Wii U version or get the PC version if your PC can handle it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just sayin', if you have a decent gaming PC then by all means get the game there.
But if the consoles are your only option, don't dump the game just because the framerate isn't to your liking. Every sale helps.

This isn't a charity. If they're playing up their improved combat and the thing runs at a terrible framerate, they should be called on it.

Feindflug

I want to believe H and Tragic. But evidences aren't going in their favor. :(

We have various confirmations from people who actually have the retail version in their hands that the game has tearing and drops in both systems so the whole "youtube captures causing this" excuse at this points sounds like total BS.

The only thing that I don't know is if the tearing in the 360 version gets better if you set your 360 at 720p instead of 1080p...

Either way it's really disappointing to see that the game has performance issues while hdn insisted that the frame-rate was totally fine on both systems, lying is not cool especially in a board that has a lot of people that want to buy your game and support you...if you don't notice or care about things like frame drops or tearing for some reason you better ask someone from Vigil who knows and just say the truth.

sephi22

SgGXD.jpg

WE GOT IT URLEY!

Im on it right now and it fucking sucks. I've been ready to throw in the towel a few times already. It's just so fucking boring. This is the point where I see the game has become way too ambitious for its own good. It should've ended 5 hours ago. Keep your Portal bullshit out of my Darksiders.

Sorry to derail but I just had to vent.

iNvid02

Im on it right now and it fucking sucks. I've been ready to throw in the towel a few times already. It's just so fucking boring. This is the point where I see the game has become way too ambitious for its own good. It should've ended 5 hours ago. Keep your Portal bullshit out of my Darksiders.

i didnt like the portal stuff in the first one, aww man

There's far too many shitty puzzles in the first game that just destroy the flow of the game. So many areas near the end that made me just want to put the controller down and never play it again, but I stuck with it since I enjoyed the story. Some people have commented that the puzzles in the new game are on par with those, and even more frequent, which fills me with a sense of dread.

Sid

There are 4 'levels' which one are you on?

Sleeping Dogs here I come then.

And I'm at the Black Throne about to go through a bunch of bullshit to reach the third guardian. I'd rather just face an ass ton of waves of enemies at this point then to do another set of portal puzzles.

Einbroch

Banned
Constant 20 fps? That's ummm not playable to me. People can bitch or moan about my "high standards", but expecting a game to be at least 30 isn't asking a lot. 25 I can live with if its constant. 20 FPS greatly affects controls. Blehhhh. Hopefully the 20 FPS comment is inaccurate.
I'm not saying it's 20, but it's definitely not 30.

Maffis

I remember people saying DS1 had bad framerate and screen tearing on the PS3 version, and I hardly noticed any of it outside of the sand area in some parts.

RPGCrazied

I remember people saying DS1 had bad framerate and screen tearing on the PS3 version, and I hardly noticed any of it outside of the sand area in some parts.

It does still screen tear. The sand area is the worst. But it does it in other areas as well. It doesn't seem to do it when your underground and dungeon parts.

BY2K

Membero Americo
DS1 still screen tear? You sure? Cause I haven't noticed any since the patch. (Does the fact that I bought it from PSN and is installed on the HDD change anything?)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the sand part was terrible when the worm was alive. Got sub 30 on PC at times

but after that it's pretty much been locked 60 since.

I'm just starting The Black Throne stuff

RPGCrazied

DS1 still screen tear? You sure? Cause I haven't noticed any since the patch. (Does the fact that I bought it from PSN and is installed on the HDD change anything?)

Maybe has to do with the users display and hz? My LCD is 60hz and only 23". I was running it off the disc. There is tearing. It doesn't tear in all areas, but its still there. If its screen tear free on the PS3, I want to know what TV/monitor they are using. I have a PS3 slim.

Feindflug

6 years in, consoles getting older while the need to have better graphics get higher. The last couple of years the majority of the games showed the small problems that DS2 seems to have as well, and the bitching just continues on and on and on. You know that those things can be present. Either take it for granted or wait for the Wii U version or get the PC version if your PC can handle it.

That's not saying much...we have games like Gears 3 and Killzone 3 for example that look AND run better than their predecessors and both games are among the most technically advanced and beautiful games on the consoles.

And yes every console gamer knows that he will deal with tearing and drops at some taxing and crowded situations on screen into a game almost always and that's totally OK and widely accepted but it's a totally different thing to have a game where 80% of the time runs at 30fps with no tearing and having a game that runs at sub-30fps with tearing like 50% of the time.

Sentenza

There's far too many shitty puzzles in the first game that just destroy the flow of the game.
Puzzles and "hard-to-reach" collectables are actually two of the main reasons that make me love these adventure games.

But I guess it's not for everyone. A lot of people hated the Riddler stuff in Arkham City, while hunting down everything was one of the most entertaining things, for me.

Ridley327

However bad the tearing could have been in the PS3 version of DS1 was nothing, and I mean nothing, compared to what 360 owners had to go through with the game prior to the patch. It literally tore every other frame.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I am playing through the first one right now. In The Hollows, about how much longer do I have? Want to get it done by Tuesday for the sequel. What a gem of a game, I came so close to buying it a few times and finally pulled the trigger last week.

Zampano

So the dev's promise of "no tearing, that was one of the first things we addressed" turns out to be BS. Quell surprise.

I played DS2 at a comic con a month ago and the tearing was bad. Mentioned it in the last thread and no one would have it.

That's not saying much...we have games like Gears 3 and Killzone 3 for example that look AND run better than their predecessors and both games are among the most technically advanced and beautiful games on the consoles.
Do you compare two very linear shooters with an open world title at this size?

dummydecoy

Noooooo!!!! :( First we get news about Sleeping Dogs' low framerate and tearing and now this?

Not gonna support devs who can't optimize their shit. First game already had awful framerate in the desert areas, I assumed they'd get it right this time! :( I guess I'm gonna sell DS1 for cheap, no longer care about this franchise. Same with Assassin's Creed, Black Ops PS3 and Enslaved. Fuck these devs.

NO BUY THQ.

I hope Digital Foundry proves me wrong, though.

Noooooo!!!! :( First we get news about Sleeping Dogs' low framerate and tearing and now this?

Not gonna support devs who can't optimize their shit. First game already had awful framerate in the desert areas, I assumed they'd get it right this time! :(

NO BUY THQ. I hope Digital Foundry proves me wrong.

You go suck on a straw while we will enjoy the game for what it is :p

Top Bottom