• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Can't believe console players were expecting anything different - haven't you guys gotten used to screen tearing and sub 60 fps yet?

I play a ton of console games and my answer to my own question is also no :(

Forget what y'all talking bout, all I know is the soundtrack sounds great from those videos. Audio options better let me turn the sound effects down.

I'll also be double dipping on PC eventually and am sick of console technical issues as well

ironcreed

Banned
Can't believe console players were expecting anything different - haven't you guys gotten used to screen tearing and sub 60 fps yet?

I play a ton of console games and my answer to my own question is also no :(

I am so used to niggles and warts like this that I don't even pay attention to it as long as the game is great and it's not so bad that it is broken. A few frame dips or a flicker of tearing here and there is nothing to me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yeah, that area looks great.

But did you watch the video I linked? I def see tearing there. It might not bother others, but I'm highly sensitive to tearing.

I see some at the beginning, but nothing I can't shake off.

2 days, damn it. 2 days.

So I watched some playthroughs on youtube from the first hour of the game and it seems that both versions have lots of tearing and frame-rate drops (especially while in combat the frame-rate looks like it always takes a hit in both systems) with PS3 being the worst of the two...also spotted some LoD problems that seemed more profound on the PS3 version.

The mid-level loading for some reason in the vids I saw was taking more time on the 360 version than the PS3...either way it looks like it could get really distracting later in the game, hopefully it will not be that bad when installing the game.

Still can't wait for DS2 since it looks awesome but it's disappointing to see that DS2 probably has a worst frame-rate than the first game...I guess the "bigger scope, more ambitious" vision definitely has it's cons. :(

Welp I don't like being lied to so I'll be canceling my preorder.

Daante

Tragic or Hdn:

May i ask the reason/logic behind putting this game out in the EU on steam the 20 Aug seeing as its a MONDAY?

Friday or Thursdays are ideally imo for releases (cause then ofc you have the whole weekend in front of you with the game)

RPGCrazied

I don't understand why devs can't offer a vsync option in their games. Will it cripple the framerate that bad to offer it? I know I'd rather play a tear free game running sub 20's then a game with tearing with 60 fps.

Einbroch

Banned
I saw screen tearing maybe twice on my friend's 360 version when I played. I did notice sub-30 FPS. If screen tearing is your big issue, it really wasn't too noticeable on the 360.

forrest

formerly nacire
Im on it right now and it fucking sucks. I've been ready to throw in the towel a few times already. It's just so fucking boring. This is the point where I see the game has become way too ambitious for its own good. It should've ended 5 hours ago. Keep your Portal bullshit out of my Darksiders.

Sorry to derail but I just had to vent.
Fuck that, I absolutely loved the Black Throne and the portal gun. Looking forward to more of it!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fuck that, I absolutely loved the Black Throne and the portal gun. Looking forward to more of it!

Same I enjoyed it, specially when you find fury's embrace or what ever it was called. Just out of camera view and you are like OH WHATS THIS *shoots gun*

burgerdog

I don't understand why devs can't offer a vsync option in their games. Will it cripple the framerate that bad to offer it? I know I'd rather play a tear free game running sub 20's then a game with tearing with 60 fps.

If vsync was cost free on consoles every dev would do it. Alan Wake American Nightmare lets you force vsync and the framerate drop is severe where the game would simply tear.

forrest

formerly nacire
Tragic or Hdn:

May i ask the reason/logic behind putting this game out in the EU on steam the 20 Aug seeing as its a MONDAY?

Friday or Thursdays are ideally imo for releases (cause then ofc you have the whole weekend in front of you with the game)
The already stated it's Thq's decision.

tragic

Developer
Indeed! We don't determine the release schedule.

Side note: I'm in NorCal and SoCal for next 3 days. Typing on phone sucks... but I'll try to get on a pc so I can answer more questions.

Man, it"s out so soon. Can't wait!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
2 out of 3 Black Throne things done

Slowly beginning to hate this game

Doesn't seem very bad based on the videos. Wait for more feedback.

At this point it doesn't really matter how bad it is. The fact that it's there after a dev repeatedly said that the console versions would be vsycned is why I don't want to buy the game.

Thank goodness for gamefly :)

Pimpbaa

With how Death looks and Jesper Kyd's soundtrack, this game is gonna feel even more like Soul Reaver than the first Darksiders (that's a good thing, to me at least).

Mupod

I don't understand how someone would even be able to stand console gaming period if things like tearing and framerate drops were deal breakers. I do still play console games pretty regularly and nitpicking their IQ is usually the last thing on my mind. I mean, the last console game I played was Armored Core 5 and it's a horrid blurry mess visually so I couldn't really take PS3/360 graphical comparisons seriously.

Still not sure why the devs would say there's no tearing if there is, but from what I've seen that kind of thing can also depend on the TV/monitor you're using.

Uthred

All the early reports of console isses are from "leaked"/early release copies. As the game was presumably pressed and shipped a few weeks ago theres nothing saying there wont be a day one patch to sort the issues out. No need to tar and feather the guys from Vigil who said there would be no screen tearing just yet

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Join the party. I'm on the 3/3 and I fucking abhor it. Completely unnecessary.

I can't tell you how excited I am to start that six hour final dungeon.

I'm starting to think playing this game so close to release was a bad idea.

I'm not sure I'm going to be in the mood for more Darksiders after a 6 hour final dungeon come Tuesday.

......I thought I was in the final dungeon.....or atleast the longest one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I'm not sure I'm going to be in the mood for more Darksiders after a 6 hour final dungeon.

You will be. It's not even going to feel the same.

DieH@rd

Banned
I finished Abomination Vault book, and now I'm finally ready for the game! BRING IT!

I'm not sure I'm going to be in the mood for more Darksiders after a 6 hour final dungeon come Tuesday.

I really enjoyed Black Throne. The only downpoint is that there is no Vulgrim inside, so players that are not good in combat can suffer because of it. In my recent playtrought... I think i finished it in 1hr.

I'm about 75% sure I won't be in the mood for more of this unless the sequel is somehow drastically different and more FUN (key word).

And I doubt it.

Derrick01

Banned
That's where I stopped, too.

Loved the game up until that point.

Oh I finished it but there were several points where I almost just said screw it and put the game away. It really does cripple replayability though, I've played it once on 360 when it came out and once on PC and that's it. Every time I want to play it again I just think about that dungeon and I close Steam.

Top Bottom