• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

I remember the portal dungeon being annoying the first time playing it, but the second time through it didn't seem as bad.

OOT Water temple is by far more annoying.

Can't wait to get my Necromancer Hard mode play through going.

DieH@rd

Banned
How is the Abomination Vault book, anyway?

Full of action, and great showcase of Death's character. He keeps better balance between all the major power players than anyone, but he pays a price for that. I cant wait to see more of him in DS2, he was awesome in the book.

Also, War was fucking brute force killing machine. :D Its really shame they did not produce audiobook with Liam, Michael and the rest of the VA crowd giving voice to their characters.

What is that?

The_abomination_vault_cover.png

It's a book! :)

Bsigg12

Regardless of graphical issues, can't wait. Being a huge fan of the universe they built in DS1, I'm excited to see them build on that and really flesh out the mythology of the game.

iNvid02

just watched the gamespot cut scenes again, i cant believe how much i enjoy the darksiders story

think i might get the book

The gunplay better have at least a little more depth to it. Very satisfying to lock on, maintain a good distance dashing in and out while firing relentlessly.

DieH@rd

Banned
Die, what do you rate the book?

I have enjoyed it for what it was - videogame book that expands the universe and give us the closer loot to many characters. It will be a great read for those who like DS universe. Hopefully they will make more.

As for rating... It was good, but it was not "Thrawn trilogy good". :D [thrawn trilogy is IMO the absolute highpoint for "expanded universe" type of books for any videogame/movie IP].

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have enjoyed it for what it was - videogame book that expands the universe and give us the closer loot to many characters. It will be a great read for those who like DS universe. Hopefully they will make more.

As for rating... It was good, but it was not "Thrawn trilogy good". :D [thrawn trilogy is IMO the absolute highpoint for "expanded universe" type of books for any videogame/movie IP].

Sounds good to me.

abundant

We don't know. Maybe you should play the mage version of death if you want a more distant combat.

The Necromancer skill tree has no range spells. It's mostly about summoning things to help you in large battles or casting spells that deal damage to anyone near you.

The Necromancer skill tree has no range spells. It's mostly about summoning things to help you in large battles or casting spells that deal damage to anyone near you.

Well, I'd say that summoning crows that do ice damage and Ghouls that distract enemies are "range" spells.

well are there gun upgrades? Like, more than two?

No, but the guns aren't DMC style guns, though they are useful in combat at times.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Black Throne is the last dungeon.

Oh good shit then.

Not sure I could do another one like it.

and I didn't spend nearly close to 6 hours doing it. Probably close to two or three with breaks and interruptions.

It wasn't hard but fighting that robot 3 different times was pretty annoying. Especially the 2nd one where you have to wait for it to break pads and it just fucking looks at you for 2 minutes. Or worse it swings and misses(the pad. Not you of course!!)

Just got done with it just now. If there's really no secret finale 6 hour dungeon I'll probably finish the game tonight

DonMigs85

I never saw how "Murder" works. It involves crows, so that must be ranged AOE spell.

It came out 3 weeks ago.

Wasn't it originally due in May? The writer did some Magic books too.
And apparently the Darksiders World Bible is due to come out alongside the game.

DieH@rd

Banned
Oh good shit then.

and I didn't spend nearly close to 6 hours doing it. Probably close to two or three with breaks and interruptions.

It wasn't hard but fighting that robot 3 different times was pretty annoying. Especially the 2nd one where you have to wait for it to break pads and it just fucking looks at you for 2 minutes. Or worse it swings and misses(the pad. Not you of course!!)

Just got done with it just now. If there's really no secret finale 6 hour dungeon I'll probably finish the game tonight

You can make both portals on one pad. :D

Haunted

If the portal dungeon wasn't enough to make you want to stop playing, the Triforce fetch quest they send you on right afterwards surely did the trick.

Good thing the final boss battle and excellent ending/setup/cliffhanger make up for the weaker final stretch.

Khezu

I don't remember the portal dungeon being that bad, a little eh, but it didn't take that long.

My biggest complaint about that dungeon was that they kept the portal colors red and blue, I know they wear there influences on there sleeve, but that just seemed a little much.

Mario007

Oh good shit then.

There's a giant, run-around-the-world fetch quest, but if you found Vulgrim everywhere it's not too long, maybe 30 minutes.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If the portal dungeon wasn't enough to make you want to stop playing, the Triforce fetch quest they send you on right afterwards surely did the trick.

Good thing the final boss battle and excellent ending/setup/cliffhanger make up for the weaker final stretch.

I'm ok with that. That's like par the course for games like this I figured. I want to go back and get some of the stuff I missed anyways.(with guide assistance of course.)

You can make both portals on one pad. :D

I mad two since I couldn't dodge the smash to save my life, so I'd zip away to the other portal to avoid a hit then jump back in to get on his head

But I swear I tried that and it wouldn't let me.

Atleast Straga was a pushover. Some of the mobs in the dungeon were more difficult and did more damage

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm ok with that. That's like par the course for games like this I figured. I want to go back and get some of the stuff I missed anyways.(with guide assistance of course.)

You don't need a guide, get fury's embrace from the final dungeon. I believe it's in a bit squarish room that had a bridge type deal you walked across shortly after getting the portal gun. You look to the upper corner of the area and you will see a portal area you can shoot.

Once you get that item EVERY SINGLE CHEST AND TOKEN IN THE ENTIRE GAME will show up on your map.

edit: Fuck I double posted

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need a guide, get fury's embrace from the final dungeon. I believe it's in a bit squarish room that had a bridge type deal you walked across shortly after getting the portal gun. You look to the upper corner of the area and you will see a portal area you can shoot.

Once you get that item EVERY SINGLE CHEST AND TOKEN IN THE ENTIRE GAME will show up on your map.

edit: Fuck I double posted

Unless I can get back in I missed that :x

That fetch quest is really short and piss easy, the map shows you exactly where each piece is and if you found all the Vulgrim locations there's nothing to it. I was disappointed it wasn't more substantial.

DieH@rd

Banned
That fetch quest is really short and piss easy, the map shows you exactly where each piece is and if you found all the Vulgrim locations there's nothing to it. I was disappointed it wasn't more substantial.

Yes. If you unlocked all Vulgrim locations, it can be done really quickly.

forrest

formerly nacire
Unless I can get back in I missed that :x

The portal to the black throne is available where Samael's Prison is. You can go back. I think the only place you get locked out of is
Eden
so make sure you get everything there before leaving.

Also, the fetch quest in DS1 is the perfect time to take all of your toys and go collect all of the Life/Wrath Shards and the rest of your abyssal armor if you missed any of it.
Eden is where the last piece is, so if you don't complete the armor there, then you have missed one somewhere.

forrest

formerly nacire
One of the more irritating parts about NeoGAF is that every time a bunch of users find some legitimate complaints about a game early on in the OT, there's half dozen others saying, "LOL here we go thisisneogafdude.gif worst game ever I guess huh?" hyperbole.

Not quite as irritating as people who start crying 20FPS and constant screen tearing after one users comments about a youtube video. Talk about hyperbole. Mountain meet molehill.

It sounds like there is some frame rate hiccuping and minor screen tearing. After being assured there wouldn't be any and that it was addressed, I'll agree it's a bit of a let down. I, however, seriously doubt it's at the level people have escalated it to over the course of a handful of posts.

Daante

Has it been mentioned anywhere if the pc version received graphical updates over the first game?

Yes, the game will have more in game options for graphical tweaks compared to the first one , (so you wont need to force AA and AF trough the ati/nvidia control panels)

Top Bottom