• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS preview update(videos and stuff)

Spike

Feels like I've been waiting for this forever.

I just hope the PS3 version is good since my 360 is acting up.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hype is so low for this game, yet it looks quite good.

I understand from the screenshots the "generic WOW" bashing for this. But after watching the walkthrough I'm a complete convert. It almost looks like a mature brutal legend turned on it's head minus the humour. Definitely one to watch.

Tanukid

Darkpen said:
Whenever I see this game's name come up as a thread title or a video link, I always think "Ooh, a Darkstalkers game," and then it turns out to be something entirely different, and on top of that, what's up with the art style? Is Blizzard's (Or should I say Warhammer's?) rather specific school of anatomy and armor welding that popular? :(

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Darkstalkers when clicking this thread. :(

Xater

Just watched the new walkthrough. Suprised how Zelda-ish it really is. Now I am even more interested in the game.

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
Which actors will be stepping up to the task of bringing Joe Mad's characters to life?

We can reveal 2 new developer videos featuring Liam O'Brien providing the voice for War and Mark Hamill the voice for the Watcher!

todahawk

interesting, on my radar. is it still slated for early 2010? It'll be competing with Bayonetta now.
edit: shit, dante's inferno is early 10 too?

DrPirate

Banned
Spike said:
Feels like I've been waiting for this forever.

I just hope the PS3 version is good since my 360 is acting up.

I just hope it's as good because I hate complaining and bitching.

But same with me basically.

greenjerk said:
interesting, on my radar. is it still slated for early 2010? It'll be competing with Bayonetta now.

I think its coming Jan. 1st, 2010.

Also, I think the game is structured more like a Zelda game, so that should help separate it from Bayonetta.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw Bayonetta's Jan. 2010 release. So, yeah maybe they will be competing with each other pretty hard. Still, I think they are different enough that it will be easy to play though both.

todahawk

Nardonicus said:
I think its coming Jan. 1st, 2010.

Also, I think the game is structured more like a Zelda game, so that should help separate it from Bayonetta.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw Bayonetta's Jan. 2010 release. So, yeah maybe they will be competing with each other pretty hard. Still, I think they are different enough that it will be easy to play though both.

I agree, I'm just worried about how much time I have. Lots of stuff getting bumped.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aphallatosis said:
Holy shit, it's Prototype 2. Darksiders > Sly Cooper 4?

If you watch some of the other videos, there's also some Panzer Dragoon and Ratchet and Clank thrown in there.

Tokubetsu said:
Framerate seems A LOT better. Is that August release date legit? If so, fuck yea! The game to kick off crazy fall for me.

what august date? the game's coming out january 2010.
edit:eek:h i see, on the gt site. yeah that's wrong. darksiders is coming out january 1, 2010.

ZealousD

Tokubetsu said:
Framerate seems A LOT better. Is that August release date legit? If so, fuck yea! The game to kick off crazy fall for me.

Not legit. It's coming out New Year's Day.

JdFoX187

Banned
"Cartoony?" You mean the comic book artstyle with actual colors? Who said the apocalypse has to be gray and brown?

I must say, I love both of the CG trailers. But what the fuck is with the giant worm? Between Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, Lair and now this, giant worms are the new favorite boss enemies?

JdFoX187 said:
"Cartoony?" You mean the comic book artstyle with actual colors? Who said the apocalypse has to be gray and brown?

I must say, I love both of the CG trailers. But what the fuck is with the giant worm? Between Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, Lair and now this, giant worms are the new favorite boss enemies?

Don't forget Ninja Gaiden 2. :lol

Truant

JdFoX187 said:

Bethesda. They also said games can't have shadows if they are to have movable objects in them, nor good animations if the characters have 'good writing'. They say a lot of things.

deleted

The style reminds me of Warcraft, which is not a bad thing. Looks fun to play too.
And THQ already has a history of "getting" the Zelda-gameplay. Remember Sphynx?
All signs point to a really good game, only the release date could mess it up.

El-Suave

CiSTM

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
Please don't pick a bad releasedate. Keep 1 month away from Bayonetta and GoW3.

Do us all a favour.

Bayonetta :lol :lol :lol You got me with that one :lol

Anyways Darksiders looks actually lot of fun. Didn't actually expect much from this game but my friend had tested some early build and he was raving about it so much that I decided to check some info out of it and I have to admit sounds and looks really neat.

Fatalah

ZealousD said:
Because the creative director of the game has a background in comic books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Mad

Joe Mad actually founded the studio developing this (Vigil Games), hopefully there's more to come from them. This is their first game. After its inception, Vigil Games was shortly snatched up by THQ, probably due to Joe Mad's pedigree. Can't wait for this.

kazuma_pt said:
what august date? the game's coming out january 2010.
edit:eek:h i see, on the gt site. yeah that's wrong. darksiders is coming out january 1, 2010.

:( same month as bayonetta, this is going into my future backlog list

ZealousD

canova said:
why is this game not getting as much attention as other action games?

it looks fun

Because as just an action game, it looks pretty plain. Lots of people miss the Zelda-like structure and the other cool stuff on the side.

Welcome to Vigil Games

Vigil Games was founded in 2005 by David Adams and legendary comic artist Joe Madureira. Everyone at Vigil is dedicated to creating ground breaking next generation games. Vigil Games is a division of THQ. For more information on Vigil Games, please visit the company section.

We are currently working on two highly anticipated titles:

Darksiders
Darksiders casts players in the role of War, the first Horseman of the Apocalypse. Set in a post-apocalyptic future where demons and angels battle over the remains of Earth, Darksiders brings to life Joe Madureira's unique graphic novel art style. Darksiders combines intense combat, open world exploration, puzzle elements, and epic boss battles to deliver a thrilling next generation gaming experience. For more information on Darksiders, head over to the Games section.

Warhammer 40,000™ Online
For decades gamers have faced off in epic Warhammer 40,000 battles on table tops around the globe. Vigil Games is honored to be the first team to bring the incredibly rich Warhammer 40,000 universe to the MMO genre. We’ll be announcing more about the game in the months to come. In the meantime, you can learn more about the vast Warhammer 40,000 universe by visiting the Games Workshop site.

http://www.vigilgames.com/

BISON!

Banned
Darksides could end up being absolute dog boners, a terrible game in every way.

But I'd still buy it.

Because of Joe Mad?

No.

Because of a heaven vs hell storyline?

No.

Because of Mark Hammill?

No.

It's because:

bennet.png

BISON! said:
Darksides could end up being absolute dog boners, a terrible game in every way.

But I'd still buy it.

Because of Joe Mad?

No.

Because of a heaven vs hell storyline?

No.

Because of Mark Hammill?

No.

It's because:

Because you don't need guns? Or because you like Freddie Mercury?

FoxSpirit

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Welcome to Vigil Games

Vigil Games was founded in 2005 by David Adams and legendary comic artist Joe Madureira. Everyone at Vigil is dedicated to creating ground breaking next generation games. Vigil Games is a division of THQ. For more information on Vigil Games, please visit the company section.

We are currently working on two highly anticipated titles:

Darksiders
Darksiders casts players in the role of War, the first Horseman of the Apocalypse. Set in a post-apocalyptic future where demons and angels battle over the remains of Earth, Darksiders brings to life Joe Madureira's unique graphic novel art style. Darksiders combines intense combat, open world exploration, puzzle elements, and epic boss battles to deliver a thrilling next generation gaming experience. For more information on Darksiders, head over to the Games section.

Warhammer 40,000™ Online
For decades gamers have faced off in epic Warhammer 40,000 battles on table tops around the globe. Vigil Games is honored to be the first team to bring the incredibly rich Warhammer 40,000 universe to the MMO genre. We’ll be announcing more about the game in the months to come. In the meantime, you can learn more about the vast Warhammer 40,000 universe by visiting the Games Workshop site.

http://www.vigilgames.com/

WHAT??? I already know someone who'll simply devour this news :lol

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
Nice interview here with Production Manager Timothy Donley discussing all things Darksiders! :D
"An obvious challenge was giving the players reasons to explore. To respond to this we spent a lot of time building rewards and surprises for players who travel off the beaten paths."

Top Bottom