• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition coming to Wii U on May 23rd

A port while more work than a patch is likely a far more profirable enterprise

quoting my edit.

...and yet they are about to release Warmastered Edition.

...on a console on which the sequel to said games runs like shit. The very niche audience of people who want to play Darksiders, haven't already gotten it on another platform, or only own a Wii U, consists entirely of Wii U owners who have more than likely already purchased DS:2. That is their gauge with which to decide whether or not they want to buy the first game/of how the game will likely perform on their system.

They probably see the Wii U's sparse line up for the year as a good opportunity to release with little competition

Doesn't change the fact that not patching DS:2 is alienating the small audience they are aiming for in the first place.

They didn't even finished fixing Darksiders 2 on Pc.
That's more to my point. Why keep slinging out these ports without fixing what's already out? Goodwill only goes so far, eventually consumers will stop trusting you.

Megatron

I legitimately came in here expecting this was an old bumped thread. I might have bought this for the Switch.

Doesn't change the fact that not patching DS:2 is alienating the small audience they are aiming for in the first place.

That's more to my point. Why keep slinging out these ports without fixing what's already out? Goodwill only goes so far, eventually consumers will stop trusting you.

The main issue with the Wii U version of 2 is the screen tearing which ps360 owners happily put up with anyway so i can understand them not thinking it was worth it

Tonyx

TBH.. I didn't believe this would come out anymore.

I've already gotten it on Steam and PS4.. I am thinking about triple dipping just to support Wii U.

The main issue with the Wii U version of 2 is the screen tearing which ps360 owners happily put up with anyway so i can understand them not thinking it was worth it

Wait, I thought the one advantage of the Wii U had over the other versions was no screen-tearing? Because V-sync was on like almost all Wii U games?

TBH.. I didn't believe this would come out anymore.

I've already gotten it on Steam and PS4.. I am thinking about triple dipping just to support Wii U.

Kind of like Watch Dogs coming half a year later from the other versions but thankfully still released.

Wait, I thought the one advantage of the Wii U had over the other versions was no screen-tearing? Because V-sync was on like almost all Wii U games?

Kind of like Watch Dogs coming half a year later from the other versions but thankfully still released.

Darksiders 2 is one of litterally 2 Wii U games with screen tearing, because THQ went bankrupt before the API was updated to having vsync permanently on so the game was just released as is

Effect

Was wondering if this was still coming out. Seems kinda fitting. The Wii U started life with a Darksiders game (launch window in December) and it ends with one as well. I enjoyed Darksiders 2 on the Wii U a good bit. A lot more then I thought I would. Might pick this up just to complete things. Hopefully the port is good though.

Pokemaniac

Darksiders 2 has the dubious honor of being one of a handful of Wii U games with screen tearing. There's also some DLC missing and some general bugginess.

Effect

Darksiders 2 has the dubious honor of being one of a handful of Wii U games with screen tearing. There's also some DLC missing and some general bugginess.

It was also a launch game. In addition to that the troubles THQ had not surprising it ended up missing things and wasn't patched. However I thought it got all of the dlc? Even with the screen tearing it's still a very fun game. Had no problem recommending it to people as we waited for Zelda to come.

Pokemaniac

It was also a launch game. In addition to that the troubles THQ had not surprising it ended up missing things and wasn't patched. However I thought it got all of the dlc? Even with the screen tearing it's still a very fun game. Had no problem recommending it to people as we waited for Zelda to come.

Most of the DLC was included in the base game, but the last pack or two (which may not have been out yet when the Wii U version released) was missing.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thank god, I was getting worried that this was canned.

To those that keep asking for a Switch release...this was announced well before we even knew what the Switch was.

dickroach

Darksiders II was the first Wii U game I bought post launch day.
THQ had just folded and the game was sitting in a bargain bin at Best buy for $10. I really enjoyed the 15 or so hours I played the game for

with all that said... this game's not gonna sell more than 1000 copies, is it? might be worth picking up as a collector's item :\

Cleve

with all that said... this game's not gonna sell more than 1000 copies, is it? might be worth picking up as a collector's item :\

Sure, but this isn't going to be one of those low run games that appreciates in value greatly.
It's widely available on (better) platforms. As a novelty sure, but no one's going to be clamoring to get their hands on this outside of the people that like to get all the releases on a platform two decades after it's dead.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Nice to see support so late in the console's life cycle

I think this is the biggest thing to take from this.

Its like how even tho the Vita hasnt been discontinued there are still games releasing for it.

IIRC the Wii U has officially been discontinued. Any games that come to the Wii U or 360, since they are both discontinued, should be applauded.

Brofield

See, I'm really torn on this. I bought DS2 after THQ went under on Wii U because I knew I was gonna play it (at least I thought I would), but I wanted to beat the first one, so I bought it on 360. Kept dying on the final boss, so I shelved it...and kinda never came back to it.

I would buy it on PS4...but they did suggest they'll port it to Switch as soon as they get the go-ahead, so if I can get DS1&2 in a combo pack on Switch I'll gladly pay the $80 to have it on the go if it helps fund what Darksiders 3 can and should be

Wow.

Assuming this is a good port, I think I'll pick it up. Wii U games cases look really nice on my shelf, and I still really like having access to a map/stats/etc on the Gamepad.

ReyVGM

This game is going to be worth a ton in a few years, so buy it. It will probably get a very limited run.

Brofield

Is Darksiders a good game? I've always been curious about it.

Standard dungeon crawling Zelda-clone. Combat can be a little repetitive, but the dungeon design is very cool and atmospheric, and the story is pretty cool given the mythology behind the four horsemen of the apocalypse. I'd say if you're picking it up at this bargain price, you'll have a blast. Which means we might get Darksiders 3 which should lead to what it always was meant to be, which is
co-op multiplayer as War, Death, Strife and Fury

Top Bottom