• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Data from ST:TNG never looks like he doesn't have emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Except when it was brought up in Measure of a Man, one of the best star trek eps and a particularly important one for data. And more obliquely in the Fajo ep when everyone thought he was dead

I...still don't think that highly of Measure of a Man. Its alright, and the concept is golden, but the various pieces of the execution don't work for me

Lo-Volt

I might be misremembering, but "Data's Day" talks more about his efforts to learn about the emotional responses of his colleagues. It doesn't explicitly talk about his facial expressions, but I assume it points in the direction of 'I emulate the physical markers of emotional responses to better communicate with other sentient beings'.

Fixed that for you.

I dunno, there's also The City on the Edge of Forever, Q Who, The Survivors, Chain of Command, All Good Things..., Improbable Cause/The Die Is Cast, The Visitor, Hard Time, Nor the Battle to the Strong, Rapture, Far Beyond the Stars, In the Pale Moonlight and Tacking into the Wind.

A lot of top tier trek eps.

Fixed that for you.
I...still don't think that highly of Measure of a Man. Its alright, and the concept is golden, but the various pieces of the execution don't work for me

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom