• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

saizo

Pfft, try finding an Asian-American in the south bruh.

Side note: Got a rejection text for a date from a co-ish-worker saying some we can be friends blah blah blah. I have no intention of responding.

Morale of the story: Just because your friends think she flirtin with you don't mean she into you, even if she is flirting with you.

It's tougher than it oughta be to find a fellow stoner in SEAsia.

d0ZRg_s-200x150.gif

Jesus fucking Christ. Stop being such a whiny projecting little bitch.

So you're getting laid. Oh my fucking god!!! I can't believe it! Share your secrets with me so I can make every woman I meet gush and squirt like there's no tomorrow.

Fucking Christ man.

Maaaaaan, I didn't even start this "hey errrr body, me gots laid" shit... I donno why you still bitchin at me for foo.... It all started with Beard drive by posting and a friendly joke relay between Kyne and myself.

Then I pointed out the four page long "exciting adventures of Leeness giving her coworker her number" This being a decent, "normal", fair place to discuss people's date successes and failures, of course started a huge dog pile on me, that still continues, so here we are...

What was that American slang I learned this week fuckboy? No, Fuckboi, yeah that was it. Johnny sounds like he's displaying fuckboi attitude.
Nah, Johnny is a lil different than your average GAFer out dating, let's not throw silly labels around at people that we joke about here.

Maaaaaan, I didn't even start this shit... I donno why you bitchin at me for...It all started with Beard drive by posting and a friendly joke relay between Kyne and myself.

Then I pointed out the four page long "exciting adventures of Leeness giving her coworker her number" This being a decent, normal, fair place to discuss people's date successes and failures, of course started a huge dog pile on me, that still continues, so here we are...

Don't you love attention?

Act like a bellend

Get called out on acting like a bellend

Cry foul that everyone's against you for "no reason"

Retcon what you originally said as being misunderstood

Get called out on the weak retcon

Cry Foul again

rinse and repeat...

You're INCREDIBLY insecure and crave the attention, you know exactly what you are doing. Why don't you go and find some 15 year olds to impress? 4chans over that way.

Don't you love attention?

Act like a bellend

Get called out on acting like a bellend

Cry foul that everyone's against you for "no reason"

Retcon what you originally said as being misunderstood

Get called out on the weak retcon

Cry Foul again

rinse and repeat...

You're INCREDIBLY insecure and crave the attention, you know exactly what you are doing. Why don't you go and find some 15 year olds to impress? 4chans over that way.
Nah I'm good bro. it's quite ironic how I'm the One who is seeking attention here. When all I wanted to do is be a little facetious about people celebrating and cheering someone for 50 posts because they gave a number away.

But I digress, I'm merely here joking around, having a good time and answering discussions directly directed at me, without the excessive attention, and quite frankly there really isn't left much to talk about anymore.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Man I think I've fucked up big time. A recent wave of success is getting to my head and turning me selfish.

This older woman has been wanting to meet me for a while, I've been hesitant because she's looking for a serious relationship and I can't see myself starting a family with someone so much older than myself: I won't be ready for marriage for at least a year or two and by that time she'll be 40 (I'm currently 33).

Should have been direct with her and told her that but I felt bad about bringing up her age and offending her. She kept pushing and tempting me with delicious food - I have a serious weakness in this department - so a couple days ago I agreed to talk on the phone and we really hit it off and decided to meet for lunch on the beach yesterday. I was supposed to meet friends for dinner then go to a birthday party but both of those ended up being cancelled at the last minute so we stayed at her place until 2:00 AM and nearly slept together.

She's going on a two week vacation in a few days but it feels like she's really into me and wants us to build this into something serious.
I really don't want to hurt her and feel like a jerk.

vypek

Man I think I've fucked up big time. A recent wave of success is getting to my head and turning me selfish.

This older woman has been wanting to meet me for a while, I've been hesitant because she's looking for a serious relationship and I can't see myself being ready for marriage for at least a year or two and by that time she'll be 40 (I'm currently 33).

Should have been direct with her and told her that but I felt bad about bringing up her age and offending her. She kept pushing and tempting me with delicious food - I have a serious weakness in this department - so a couple days ago I agreed to talk on the phone and we really hit it off and decided to meet for lunch on the beach yesterday. I was supposed to meet friends for dinner then go to a birthday party but both of those ended up being cancelled at the last minute so we stayed at her place until 2:00 AM and nearly slept together.

She's going on a two week vacation in a few days but it feels like she's really into me and wants us to build this into something serious.
I really don't want to hurt her and feel like a jerk.

If you don't want something serious then the sooner you let her know, the better. Don't keep letting it go further where she might be hurt more. You'd be more of a jerk if you waited too long before letting her know. She might be hurt now but not as much if she gets the idea that it will be something serious from your time investment with her

Nah I'm good bro. its quite ironic how I'm the One who is seeking attention here. When all I wanted to do is be a little facetious about people celebrating and cheering someone for 50 posts because they gave a number away.

But I digress, I'm merely here joking around, having a good time and answering discussions directly directed at me, without the excessive attention, and quite frankly there really isn't left much to talk about anymore.

You love us Johnny, we're giving you what you need, we're your dealer. Every time we post, you HAVE to post, you don't want us to stop do you? you love it, you love it more than wettness. You've even played the "I'm not going to post anymore" card and the "It's just a prank bro" card in the same post. Dance for us Johnny, dance.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
If you don't want something serious then the sooner you let her know, the better. Don't keep letting it go further where she might be hurt more. You'd be more of a jerk if you waited too long before letting her know. She might be hurt now but not as much if she gets the idea that it will be something serious from your time investment with her

Yep. Just trying to come up with a way to end it that's as inoffensive as possible. I can't just say I wasn't feeling it because we spent 12 hours together and I believe telling her how I feel about the age difference will be really hurtful.

You love us Johnny, we're giving you what you need, we're your dealer. Every time we post, you HAVE to post, you don't want us to stop do you? you love it, you love it more than wettness. You've even played the "I'm not going to post anymore" card and the "It's just a prank bro" card in the same post. Dance for us Johnny, dance.
You're comming off as a bit of a douche right now, so I don't like you, no. I like a select few in this thread.
When did I ever say "I'm not Going to post anymore"? Why are you making up shit?
(You even have it in quotes?!?! The fuck?!)

I said it's not worth discussing this anymore,(if I have to spell it out....) You best to move on and give others Dating advice. Actually no...not you specifically, but move along anyway.

vypek

Yep. Just trying to come up with a way to end it that's as inoffensive as possible. I can't just say I wasn't feeling it because we spent 12 hours together and I believe telling her how I feel about the age difference will be really hurtful.

Maybe something along the lines of "I enjoyed my time with you but I'm not ready for something serious and don't want to waste your time."?

No age is mentioned and it lines up with you liking her enough to spend 12 hours with her

Xun

Someone will probably offer better advice, but perhaps something like this?

"You're a really great person and I've had a lot of fun getting to know you, but I'm not quite sure what I want at the moment and it wouldn't be at all fair to lead you on further. I wish you all the best x"

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Maybe something along the lines of "I enjoyed my time with you but I'm not ready for something serious and don't want to waste your time."?

No age is mentioned and it lines up with you liking her enough to spend 12 hours with her

Someone will probably offer better advice, but perhaps something like this?

"You're a really great person and I've had a lot of fun getting to know you, but I'm not quite sure what I want at the moment and it wouldn't be at all fair to lead you on further. I wish you all the best x"

Those are both good but I owe her at least a phone call and she'll probably try to get more information out of me.
Damn my weakness for delicious food
and women who go commando.

You're comming off as a bit of a douche right now, so I don't like you, no. I like a select few in this thread.
When did I ever say "I'm not Going to post anymore"? Why are you making up shit?
(You even have it in quotes?!?! The fuck?!)

I said it's not worth discussing this anymore,(if I have to spell it out....) You best to move on and give others Dating advice. Actually no...not you specifically, but move along anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXVx6yJQbn8

So it's her birthday party; Had a great time! We danced, we got really into it to point where she started grinding and...let's just say second base was slid into that night. We kiss twice and by the end of the night; I'm the one who takes her home via Uber.

NOTHING HAPPENS

Seriously we waited in her apartment lobby for my Uber to come pick me up and just chatted up a bit. Was hoping she would just invite me and didn't want to pry but I could tell she was pretty tired. The car came, she at least signaled a kiss on the lips good night which I returned the favor. Then before I left I took a leap and did one more kiss but open mouth and tongue and.......
that was it.

I went home, fell asleep and probably had a top 10 ever worst hangovers I've ever had.

So this is basically me all day today

UoelY8z.gif

Guys why am i so stupid? Was it stupid? I know I fucked up but this ain't over right?

It's not over, but sometimes it's best to be decisive. You can ask 'Can I come in for a bit ?' or 'We're having a good time, let's keep things going ?'

Some girls would be shy about being upfront asking you to come over, it's good to take the lead. But if you had a good night, it's far from over. Text her today saying you had a good time and ask her on a specific date. And use the word date this time. You've said things were vague 'encounters' so far, time to settle the question.

Those are both good but I owe her at least a phone call and she'll probably try to get more information out of me.
Damn my weakness for delicious food
and women who go commando.
You have to look at the bigger picture here, you'd be sacrificing a lot more on your end by sticking around with her, than her giving up anything...Older women get that, especially about younger men.

You don't have to mention her age, but hint that your wants and needs in life are different and may not align with hers. And don't feel bad or guilty or selfish or whatever for breaking up, you went head on into something with high hopes, only to find out it wasn't for you.

And if you haven't slept with her yet, and gotten close, be careful, sex could be just that thing, the carrot she is dangling over your head, and will feed it to you, as soon as she detects you slipping away from her. And chances are good that sex with this woman will be like a Lay's potato chips. You can't just have one, (it will be amazing) so... bare that in mind, and refuse, turn it down and walk away. You have to let your brains do the thinking here and not your heart.

I don't know her, nor will I make judgements, but women at that age, with kids etc. Know a thing or two about starting a family and keeping it. If you catch my drift, you need to end this as delicately and as soon as possible, If you know this is not what you want as a partner for the long run. Break up with her if you feel it's the right move....Most importantly don't feel Half assed and guilty doing it. She'll be fine.

*I don't know why I mentioned her with Kids, I don't think you said anything about her having kids, my bad, scratch that part.

This is making me wet

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
You have to look at the bigger picture here, you'd be sacrificing a lot more on your end by sticking around with her, than her giving up anything...Older women get that, especially about younger men.

You don't have to mention her age, but hint that your wants and needs in life are different and may not align with hers. And don't feel bad or guilty or selfish or whatever for breaking up, you went head on into something with high hopes, only to find out it wasn't for you.

And if you haven't slept with her yet, and gotten close, be careful, sex could be just that thing, the carrot she is dangling over your head, and will feed it to you, as soon as she detects you slipping away from her. And chances are good that sex with this woman will be like a Lay's potato chips. You can't just have one, (it will be amazing) so... bare that in mind, and refuse, turn it down and walk away. You have to let your brains do the thinking here and not your heart.

I don't know her, nor will I make judgements, but women at that age, with kids etc. Know a thing or two about starting a family and keeping it. If you catch my drift, you need to end this as delicately and as soon as possible, If you know this is not what you want as a partner for the long run. Break up with her if you feel it's the right move....Most importantly don't feel Half assed and guilty doing it. She'll be fine.

*I don't know why I mentioned her with Kids, I don't think you said anything about her having kids, my bad, scratch that part.

Is this an April Fools post? I can't tell.

plidex

I did something I thought I would never do but I think I already fucked it up.

There's a girl who has taken the same bus for a week, she always looked at me in a very obvious way.

I wanted to talk to her but I'm very shy and felt embarrassed by the whole bus listening my rejection.

Yesterday in the moment I decided to get off in her stop after her and directly asked for her number, she was obviously shocked but had a very good reaction and after a bit of explanation gave me her number.

With all that adrenaline rushing I texted her just 30 minutes after, now I realize that wasn't a good choice because of timing and because of what I said.

She hasn't responded back, maybe it has nothing to do with the message and she just isn't interested, but the only reason I got the courage to ask her number was how obvious she was.

So now I'm thinking that if she doesn't respond, I will send her another message tomorrow directly asking her out. All or nothing.

If I don't do anything, on Monday I can take another bus so I don't see her, or I can take the same bus and see her. I don't think seeing her will be good considering she didn't respond. Talking to her would be overstepping the boundaries.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.

EDIT: I am a 7/10, she is a 9 face, 7 body.

Tsukumo

There's a girl who has taken the same bus for a week, she always looked at me in a very obvious way.

"Talk to me"

I wanted to talk to her but I'm very shy and felt embarrassed by the whole bus listening my rejection.

Don't think girls don't suffer the consequences of how they behave when a guy approaches. She may look bad for being too easy, she may look bad for being too rude, she may look bad for getting upset for something that you and other people on the bus might consider harmless but she might consider hurtful, she may look bad if she playfully teases you and you take it like an insult...
and so on and so on.
Last but not the least, she may get in serious physical trouble if a guy can't get a rejection and decides "she has to listen to me! I'm a nice guy!".

Yesterday in the moment I decided to get off in her stop after her and directly asked for her number, she was obviously shocked but had a very good reaction and after a bit of explanation gave me her number.

Stalker behaviour. You had guts for doing this, but all the good it showed was completely nullified by the aggressiveness of making a move so forward after not having spoken to her even once. If you two were the only ones at the stop, consider this a one and done deal.

With all that adrenaline rushing I texted her just 30 minutes after, now I realize that wasn't a good choice because of timing and because of what I said
This was actually good. You should have talked to her a bit more after getting the number, it would have calmed her a bit.

She hasn't responded back, maybe it has nothing to do with the message and she just isn't interested, but the only reason I got the courage to ask her number was how obvious she was.

Number is likely fake.

So now I'm thinking that if she doesn't respond, I will send her another message tomorrow directly asking her out. All or nothing.

If I don't do anything, on Monday I can take another bus so I don't see her, or I can take the same bus and see her. I don't think seeing her will be good considering she didn't respond. Talking to her would be overstepping the boundaries.

Take the same bus. Whether she replies or not, smile at her, wave/ nod, don't sulk if she doesn't acknowledge you, go about your business no matter what.
Don't ask for explanations or defend yourself if the number is fake or she doesn't reply to your calls/ texts.

Remove this score stuff from your head. This is worst than jumping out of nowhere at the bus stop.

What in the fuck is happening in here?

ANYWAY, going out with this girl again today. She works until late, so we will be eating out and then going to an arcade tonight. Things have been going great so far and she seems to really also be on the same mindset as me. We are cutting the games out of the picture and working on a relationship from the ground up slowly. We are still getting to know each other but we really compliment each other's personalities.

In the near future she wants to take us to a basketball game since it's her favourite sport. We would be watching the Raptors play live, so that's exciting since I've never been. She's an explorer of sorts, and for someone like me that is as curious and eager to try new experiences, it's awesome. Rock climbing fell through last time, but that's also in the books.

I'm feeling great fam.

With all that adrenaline rushing I texted her just 30 minutes after, now I realize that wasn't a good choice because of timing and because of what I said.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.

If there is someone who you consistenly see at a bus stop or something. All you do is next time you see them is say "hi, I always see you here so I figured I would introduce myself".

Right now you kind of over stepped. I wouldn't text her. If she doesnt respond you know the answer.

Also, dont start taking another bus to avoid her. That's lame. You got places to go and things to do. Dont alter you shit just over a rejection.

artsi

Older girl wanted to see my Tinder matches, whyyyy

I'm not interested in dudes they have matched with, lol.

artsi

Minor red flag there. Don't show and don't ask - nothing good can come from it

I already did as her request wasn't demanding or anything, she just teased me how many there were and looked if she knew anyone. Conversation carried on to other things after that.

Not the first time my dates are interested how "successful" I've been on Tinder, I just don't get why because I couldn't care less myself.

She got me with April Fool's today by asking me to marry her with a text. I was a bit shook at first because I forgot what day it was. 😳 Funny enough I wasn't too scared by the thought so I guess that's a good sign. If it was any of the previous girls I've dated I would have blocked and ran away immediately.

Terrible April Fools prank incoming...
And now she's all pissed at me.

So her stupid dog likes to jump on us while on the couch. The other day he jumped on the tip of my boner with his claws, I had nothing but undies on.

I was kind of in pain for a while. (Just for the rest of the night)

So what do I tell her for April fools?

"The pain is worse and I think my tip is infected"

"OMg it can't be from my dog, I trim his nails plus you had clothes on"

Then a sigh of reliefs as I say "April fools" but she's pissed.
ive done goofed?

So her stupid dog likes to jump on us while on the couch. The other day he jumped on the tip of my boner with his claws, I had nothing but undies on.

ive done goofed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xiHfuyGVkE

ive done goofed?

In 2017, we double down on things. Tell her that it wasn't her dog, it was chlamydia instead.

It's not over, but sometimes it's best to be decisive. You can ask 'Can I come in for a bit ?' or 'We're having a good time, let's keep things going ?'

Some girls would be shy about being upfront asking you to come over, it's good to take the lead. But if you had a good night, it's far from over. Text her today saying you had a good time and ask her on a specific date. And use the word date this time. You've said things were vague 'encounters' so far, time to settle the question.

She's out of town for the rest of the weekend and the next time I see her would be next Tuesday cause we got class together sooooooo until then.....

USMF7Uu.gif

The bus story reminds me of my coworker. He is a great guy, bless him, but sometimes he does pull some shit that may not be read well by unsuspecting ladies.

For one, he likes to eves drop on a conversation between girls.

So just this past Wednesday, he is in line at the pharmacy, he over hears one lady at the cashier tell the other that there is a special sale on some cookies at the grocery store across the street that she wants to go buy on her break. What does he do? He goes to the grocery store and buys a pack and gives it to her... according to him "she took it nicely, was pleasantly surprised" etc.

He then wanted to go back to the pharmacy the next day and ask her "how were the cookies?" and in the process exchange numbers, I talked him out of it, without being too much of a dick.

I was like "the next day maybe a bit too soon, wait a few days" I also suggested that I shall come along with him as a wingman so it looks less creepy I guess, as if I was shopping at the pharmacy and drag him in there with me.
I donno, the guy always does things that are a bit off putting. I' try my best to tell him not to do certain things without being too judgy. At the same time though I am rooting for him to succeed, he's a nice guy albeit a bit quirky.

We'll see how the cookie story goes next week.

ATF487

Have a crush on someone now and forgot what this was like! I HATE it.

She's a couple of years older than me and...currently my supervisor. I knew her for 2 years before working with her, and honestly would not have seen this coming, but we didn't talk nearly as much before then. She's good looking but became much more attractive to me after I got to know her better.

She's starting a new job in a month outside of my group (in the same site, would only run into her in the cafeteria), and I thought I'd ask her out, but as soon as I sort of noticed I felt this way she started dating again, after not doing it (as far as I know anyway) for years. She's seeing two people casually at the moment but I think is aiming to choose from one of them.

I know she likes me a lot and we get along well, but she's so nice and friendly that it's hard to tell if any of the signs of interest I thought I saw previously were real or not. At the moment it's hard to be at work since 1) we're under an avalanche of shit that will get worse when she leaves, if I stay in my role my life will be awful for a long time and 2) we're constantly talking, we usually grab lunch together, she won't walk out without me unless she has plans, she's made a couple of offers to have me join her new group, etc.

At the moment I'm just trying to get through this last month, but the whole situation is bumming me out a bit. Last night the group went out for drinks and I died a little inside when she seemed so excited to talk about the dates she went on. Hate being a mopey git!

Guys and gals I'm in a weird situation somehow, mostly my fault. Girl that's I'm friends with that I'm into (she's not into me, well established with boundaries, still friends) is taking me out Monday as a thank you for a bunch of help to a local bar and I just think it's gonna be awkward. Mainly cause I'm not the most social person since I've been at college, but also because she's determined to "you're gonna get drunk and we're gonna have a good time" attitude involving me with it. I just feel like getting drunk might not yield the *ahem* best circumstance considering I'm still attracted to her.

I also haven't gone to a college bar since like summer after high school and I remember not being super into it even then. This is all just weird to me. Getting out will be good but it's just the circumstances.

Am I being cringey and dumb is the breakdown of all this lol.

saizo

At the moment I'm just trying to get through this last month, but the whole situation is bumming me out a bit. Last night the group went out for drinks and I died a little inside when she seemed so excited to talk about the dates she went on. Hate being a mopey git!

That feeling when she only likes you as a friend.
This is gonna happen a lot throughout... life. Best to just embrace it and try and move on. I feel ya tho, man. I really do.

Am I being cringey and dumb is the breakdown of all this lol.

Nah. It sounds like you're not too much of an extrovert. So a nice list of questions for you:

How comfortable are you meeting new people?
How good are you at controlling yourself while drunk?

She sounds like she enjoys your company and there must be something about her, other than just being physically attractive I hope, that drew you to her. So why not just hang out with her? She might have hot friends. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom