• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
How comfortable are you meeting new people?

I can fake being social but I usually go out with work friends who are in their 30s so I guess I dunno how I'll do with this crowd.

How good are you at controlling yourself while drunk?

Pretty good? I don't think I'd actually do anything stupid. Say something stupid? Maybe.

She sounds like she enjoys your company and there must be something about her, other than just being physically attractive I hope, that drew you to her. So why not just hang out with her? She might have hot friends. :D

Oh we've been friends off and on for years. We actually just started talking a few months ago after a year cause her boyfriend hated me and I wasn't having that bullshit so we went our separate ways until they broke up. But no, no friends it's just gonna be us apparently.

😳 I think she's deleted her Tinder profile. I no longer can see her profile or messages there. Good news though is that we're still chatting and talking on the phone and we both added each other on Instagram and Facebook last night. I guess this is a good thing. Perhaps she sees us going places. She even joked and asked me to marry her as part of April Fools today.

Just let yall bois know coworker gave me the number aint even ask for it.. 😎 #truPlaya #Bossman #Numbaonestunna
woSqGm.gif

Had an absolute blast with her again. I can't think of the last time I've enjoyed the company of someone as much as I do hers. Our compatibility is just off the charts. Feels good.

Mediking

There, you goofs, work guy has not texted me. He's not interested :p I told you I would bet good money against it.

Nah.... pretty sure he's interested (as in giving an answer). He's either figuring what he should do or can't send a text at the moment.

Leeness

Had an absolute blast with her again. I can't think of the last time I've enjoyed the company of someone as much as I do hers. Our compatibility is just off the charts. Feels good.

Congrats :)

Nah.... pretty sure he's interested (as in giving an answer). He's either figuring what he should do or can't send a text at the moment.

Nah. You guys are silly. What do you mean with "as in giving an answer"?

Mediking

Nah. You guys are silly. What do you mean with "as in giving an answer"?

!!!!

I might be missing a part of the story or something. I thought you had texted him like "what's up?" or something and he just hasn't responded yet. I prolly missed something. I'm dumb...

!!!!

I might be missing a part of the story or something. I thought you had texted him like "what's up?" or something and he just hasn't responded yet. I prolly missed something. I'm dumb...
Yeah she texted him "you up" at 2:00 am Sat Mornin... which was kind of a weak, rookie move.
She should've used thier company IM system, which they both have the app of on thier smartphones and not His phone number.
Also he's a back end hardware anylayst, while she's a front end software integrator, there's that issue as well.

Leeness

!!!!

Nah. I'm not going to initiate any kind of texting. That's on him. :/

Mediking

Yeah she texted him "you up" at 2:00 am Sat Mornin... which was kind of a weak, rookie move.
She should've used thier company IM system, which they both have the app of on thier smartphones and not His phone number.
Also he's a back end hardware anylayst, while she's a front end software integrator, there's that issue as well.

Hmmm...

Nah. I'm not going to initiate any kind of texting. That's on him. :/

I see... what exactly are your feelings for him? What do you think about him? If you dont wanna say then I'll shut up. Lol

Leeness

Hmmm...

I see... what exactly are your feelings for him? What do you think about him? If you dont wanna say then I'll shut up. Lol

I like him a lot, he's engaged, and I want to be friends with him. I dunno. People just think he was interested in me because he gave me his number, but he obviously is not lol.

Mediking

I like him a lot, he's engaged, and I want to be friends with him. I dunno. People just think he was interested in me because he gave me his number, but he obviously is not lol.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Always sucks when someone you like is in a relationship.

But he gave you his number? He wants to keep in contact with you.

Back in high school when I got a girl's number... I would be so happy and I would either screw it up with too many texts or hardly any. Lol

Texting is such a slippery slope and double edged sword. XP

Leeness

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Always sucks when someone you like is in a relationship.

But he gave you his number? He wants to keep in contact with you.

Back in high school when I got a girl's number... I would be so happy and I would either screw it up with too many texts or hardly any. Lol

Texting is such a slippery slope and double edged sword. XP

I dunno, he gave me his number in case of work emergencies, not for me to chat with him. So...I'm not going to use it haha. Even though I want to :(

Mediking

I dunno, he gave me his number in case of work emergencies, not for me to chat with him. So...I'm not going to use it haha. Even though I want to :(

Lmao. Leeness!!!! Do you have any idea how much power you have by simply texting "what's up?"? or even "whatcha up to?"? You have the power!

Salamando

You could just try asking him if it's okay to use the number during non work hours to talk about non work stuff. It's not a good move for someone you're trying to couple with, but that's not a problem here.

Mediking, to bring you up to speed here - Leeness is only looking for a platonic, male, real-life friend. That he's engaged is a bonus, as it decreases the likelihood of him trying to get in her pants. (apologies if that's a misrepresentation)

Mediking

He's engaged lol.

Ohhhh... yeah.... lol.

Well.....

I guess just daydream and fantasize until your feelings eventually goes away. Or maybe seeing him kiss his fiance or something will turn you away.

I'm friends with some women who are in relationships that I do actually like. Best medicine is to say hey every now and then and don't cross a line you don't wanna cross.

Worst case scenario: he finds out you like him so he teases you.

Edit: @Salamando OHHHHH....

saizo

Oh we've been friends off and on for years. We actually just started talking a few months ago after a year cause her boyfriend hated me and I wasn't having that bullshit so we went our separate ways until they broke up. But no, no friends it's just gonna be us apparently.

Best wingman on earth is a... not man. :D

I suppose you can always hope for the long odds and you both get drunk enough to make some bad decisions, wouldn't bet on it though.

Go do it man.

artsi

Oh fuck I just woke up and she messaged that she's coming here to make breakfast.

My place is a fucking mess, where the hell is my vacuum?!

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck I just woke up and she messaged that she's coming here to make breakfast.

giphy.gif

lol, this the girl who wanted to check your tinder matches? Yeah, your mess is probably exactly what she wants to check up on you.

ctrl+x

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, lol.

Never cleaned up so quick, I'm ready.

Just be careful man, she's really sounding like a control freak. And 'cause I'm always falling for the wrong ones and am hardly a gread source of wisdom, that'll be all my advice for today heh.

artsi

Just be careful man, she's really sounding like a control freak. And 'cause I'm always falling for the wrong ones and am hardly a gread source of wisdom, that'll be all my advice for today heh.

Yeah I know it sounds like that, but she's really not that type.

She just happened to have free time which is rare with the kids so she came with groceries and made the best breakfast I've had.
Then she gave me a massage, things were getting warmer AND THEN she had to leave because she had some meeting regarding her son.

She's sweet and I really like her but these god damn kids cockblocking me all the time, lol.

giphy.gif

Older women I've hooked up with always do that, cook you breakfast (I thought that was just a cliched joke) and clean your apartment.

You know the other thing they start doing eventually? Nagging like you're married to them.

Lender

This girl man. We have so much in Common. Been talking to her the entire evening, and found out some more things about her. It's small things like being fans of Buffy and Angel. It's nothing shocking, but it does help set a certain connection.

Saw her today as well too. Had a brief moment to talk about Sunday evening and the practicality of the staying over. She has a female house companion as well, and three bed rooms. I thought she was going to say that I can just sleep in the extra bedroom, until she just calmly mentions that I can just get in bed with her. Goddamn woman, don't make me even more nervous. Not that I immediately expect something to happen, but it's just that it's been so long since i've been so close with a girl before.

Also agreed to do a Buffy marathon on Monday. We're both of from work that day so that should be fun. Doing a Buffy marathon with a girl I like. What a wonderful world to live in.

Tonight's the night. I actually went to get drinks with her earlier in the week, but that doesn't really count as a date since there were other people around. We did have some nice small intimate moments, but nothing really huge. Her head on my shoulder, her arm wrapped around mine, stuff like that.

Been talking to her a lot online for the rest of week but sadly didn't see her all that much. One of our mutual friends came by yesterday and talked to me about her. summarised: she thinks i'm boyfriend material. She came by for a quick minute yesterday as I didn't have that much time since I was at work just so we could see each other after a couple of days of not seeing each other. When I walked her out I tried wrapping my arm around her shoulder, which she answered by laying her head on my shoulder. Small little moment again, but a nice one.

So tonight I'm gonna head over there and see what the night brings us. It looks good though.

Armadilo

Banned
Help me Gaf with this question, do I always have to text her ? Shouldn't she text me ? I'm always the one that has to start the conversation ( good morning, hello, how's your day been) it's been days like that, to me it seems like I'm annoying her.

I decided for two days now, not to text her and she still hasn't texted me but she did see my Snapchat. I just don't understand

Had my fifth date with the woman I've been seeing last night after having our fourth the night before. Met up with her and her roomate + friends/coworkers for some bar hopping. Was initially feeling pretty nervous and awkward about the whole thing (dat social anxiety), but after a few drinks we both loosened up quite a bit and started dancing together. She's usually not the type to initiate physical contact, but she was getting very kissy and handsy on the dancefloor; she even grinded on me a lot, which I wasn't expecting. It was pretty rad. Then we went back to her place and fooled around for a bit. She wasn't ready for straight-up sex, but things still got pretty steamy. I eventually decided to test the waters and asked her during a quiet moment how she felt about making things between us "official" in the future. She's said she likes to see how things play out for a longer period of time before making that decision and isn't quite ready to start using a label, but she admitted that she's been thinking about being in a relationship with me lately. She then proceeded to tell me that she wasn't seeing anybody else (her OKC has been deactivated for a minute), and we both revealed that we weren't really interested in pursuing other people. We ended the evening with some more kissing and fondling. All in all, it was a good night.

However, my brain always finds something to read into and get anxious over, so the fact that she seemed a bit distant and less keen on physical contact once we woke up in the morning gave me some pause. She also has yet to respond to the "had a great time" text I sent after getting back home. That said, she did agree to a sixth date and gave me a big hug before I left, so I'm just gonna try to go about my day and avoid fixating on my concerns. I suppose the truth will eventually reveal itself as it always does.

artsi

Older women I've hooked up with always do that, cook you breakfast (I thought that was just a cliched joke) and clean your apartment.

You know the other thing they start doing eventually? Nagging like you're married to them.

Can't be worse than my ex, lol.
That girl was the goddess of nagging or something.

I'm curious, when you guys are "dating" multiple people at the same time, before you focus in on one, are you fucking them or not?

I think here people are more one at a time.
In fact the term dating implies that.

Outside of that it's just casual sex or hooking up, but you probably wouldn't end up dating any of these people.

This is one of the things I meant earlier when I was talking about American dating culture.

I'm curious, when you guys are "dating" multiple people at the same time, before you focus in on one, are you fucking them or not?

Outside of that it's just casual sex or hooking up, but you probably wouldn't end up dating any of these people.

This is one of the things I meant earlier when I was talking about American dating culture.

Yeah, of course. I'm not a damn teenager

Nope. Everyone is different, just do what you think is right. At the end of the day what others do shouldn't matter to you, if you can't live with the fact that you are sleeping with different women at the same time, then just don't do it.

Yeah, of course. I'm not a damn teenager

Hope I'm not being too obtuse, but the amount of ass you pull simultaneously: you must have/gone through a rainbow concoction of STDs/STIs, no? At least the mainstream ones.

I knew a guy who was so deep into promiscuous sex, he just stopped going to the CDC and just gave blood every month or so, his motto? "If my blood is healthy enough to give away, I am still good to fuck." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vern

Help me Gaf with this question, do I always have to text her ? Shouldn't she text me ? I'm always the one that has to start the conversation ( good morning, hello, how's your day been) it's been days like that, to me it seems like I'm annoying her.

I decided for two days now, not to text her and she still hasn't texted me but she did see my Snapchat. I just don't understand

You probably are annoying her if you are sending those kinds of messages. Send her something interesting or worth talking about.

Hope I'm not being too obtuse, but the amount of ass you pull simultaneously: you must have/gone through a rainbow concoction of STDs/STIs, no? At least the mainstream ones.

I knew a guy who was so deep into promiscuous sex, he just stopped going to the CDC and just gave blood every month or so, his motto? "If my blood is healthy enough to give away, I am still good to fuck." ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm no Zackie but I get checked every month or two if I'm having sex.

Have you two boned yet?

Even if you've fucked her, there's no need for so much texting.

Be entertaining or challenging. Silence is better than banality.

I am no Count, and English isn't my first langauge so I cannot eloquently tell you what you should do in a sentence or two... But here's some wall of text, that hopefully may help you understand why texting isn't that important.

If I can tell you something about my recent experience, I am dating someone right now who's a horrible texter, she barely texts me, she barely texted me when I started chatting with her on TInder... and nothing really has changed since in the text department, but a lot has changed in our actual lives. Our text messages are nothing but stupid random emojis. and "I'll be there in 10" etc. etc.

You can't capitalize on texting, you're never goign to win a woman's heart by texting her days, weeks on end... And I hate to say it, if she is reluctantly texting you back, and not initiating any text messages herself, chances are she's not interested, or not finding you that entertaining, but is nice and not busy enough to reply to your texts.

So, what you need to do is only text her the essentials, meaning, yuo got to take control and ask her out, plan a date with her via text.. "Hey! are you free Sunday evening? want do something Tuesday after work/school "etc, etc, Hopefully she responds with positive results, and you just leave it at that, and wait for the night before the date to text her "We still on for tomorrow? Meet you at here and here etc."

Show up, win her over in person, hope she digs your personality, and hopefully she finds you physically attractive... and if She does, You're "IN"... I capitalize and emphasize "IN"

After that, who gives the shit if she "saw your Snapchat" or not?

Think about what you're doing for a second? You're trying to see if a woman Likes YOU, by testing her Snapchat usage activities... How ridiculous, detached and impersonal is that?

Leeness

You could just try asking him if it's okay to use the number during non work hours to talk about non work stuff. It's not a good move for someone you're trying to couple with, but that's not a problem here.

Eh... probably won't. I'm just going to forget it all, I think. Talk to him at work, that's it :/

This is why it's wrong to ever pretend that a guy might be interested in me lol. It sets wrong expectations and now I'm kind of sad. I really should know by now.

Edit: @Salamando OHHHHH....

👍

Are you saying anything that warrants a response?

A good morning doesn't warrant a response. A how's your day been might,but you're up against her being busy with other stuff and simply forgetting to reply or just not wanting to talk about it.

Send something interesting and remember, you don't have to talk every single day. It becomes boring and routine, you don't want to fall into that trap until much later into any relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom