• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: David Jaffe says, "we all know a Bloodborne remake or remaster is in development" (based on journalist rumors)

TexMex

/end thread

While I find Jaffe extremely obnoxious a lot of the time, and rolled my eyes at this initial rumor instantly - to say he doesn't have any sources is still a stretch. He's almost certainly, reasonably well connected. He's had several big names on the "show" (if you can even call it that) that he does. At the very least, infinitely more well connected than Lance McDonald.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bluepoint said its a new game not a remake right?
See below,
They said that they were working on "original content." Now what the details of what that is, we won't know. Some speculate they were restoring the broken archstone for Demon's Souls DLC, others a Bloodborne sequel.

They also hinted at MGS and Castlevania in their Halloween tweet, etc.. But all of that could have been just mentioning popular franchises on past PS systems, since Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Resistance, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, etc., were all mentioned as well.

Pretty ambiguous line.

TrebleShot

Wasnt it confirmed a while ago that its impossible to remaster it cos they lost the source code or the base game.
Or was it Such a messed up version of the engine that was slapped together that it would be impossible as most engineers have moved on to other companies.

skit_data

i have no doubt they are working on Metal Gear... the Metal Gear "roar" in Demon's Souls remake was a dead giveaway :)
I’d actually completely forgot that, that indeed does add a lot of credibility to the idea of them remaking it

Edit: But to be honest I’m not really hearing it when listening to clips of it now. To me it could just as well be the sound of a rimshot with tons of reverb. It’s hard to make out what the source sound could be due to the reverb but to me it sounds more like some type of transient rather than anything else.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wasnt it confirmed a while ago that its impossible to remaster it cos they lost the source code or the base game.
Or was it Such a messed up version of the engine that was slapped together that it would be impossible as most engineers have moved on to other companies.
RDR had that issue with the duck-taped source code (hence to PC version). Never heard that about Bloodborne.

Lance McDonald made it 60fps with just two lines of code or so.

Wildebeest

It takes a lot of time and effort to make a PC port of Bloodborne that requires a minimum of 30gb of graphics card memory, and stutters even if you manage to get that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

/end thread

End thread because Lance McDonald said so?

Nah.

While I find Jaffe extremely obnoxious a lot of the time, and rolled my eyes at this initial rumor instantly - to say he doesn't have any sources is still a stretch. He's almost certainly, reasonably well connected. He's had several big names on the "show" (if you can even call it that) that he does. At the very least, infinitely more well connected than Lance McDonald.
This.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Jaffe has sources. He tweeted a leak where you picked every third word to spell out the new game leaked. He knows things and has claimed its happening from sources within Sony. He can't leak everything or Sony will sniff out the leaker. From what I've seen, I think he was told of the leak before chatting with Bluepoint lad and poked him about it for the shits and giggles.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I know the temptation is to cry foul on these kinds of rumours, but when it comes to a PC/Ps5 Bloodborne remake, it’s such a blindingly obvious thing to make, I’d actually be amazed if it wasn’t true.

Sony have form when it comes to remaking beloved Ps4 games for the Ps5 and PC… and charging full price for it.

Why wouldn’t you want to put out a remake of arguably the best FromSoft game, after Elden Ring sold over 20 million?

Personally, I’m pretty convinced Bluepoint have done for Bloodborne what they did for Demon’s Souls, but whether we’ll hear anything about it soon is anybody’s guess.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PS5 version of Bloodborne. Please.

I don't have a lot of faith in the PC version though, based off of previous Sony first-party games. It's almost like they go out of their way to make those versions terrible.

Do you really think they just stay that way? You’re just reading the launch day drama,

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sony are gearing up for the greatest showcase in world history.

Bloodborne remake, MGS remake, new Castlevania title, GoT2, Spider-Man 2, new SSM title, new Bend title........not to mention the third party stuff that I'm sure will be shown.

This showcase is going to put 2015 to shame. 2023.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As much as I loved Bloodborne, currently all I can think about is Armoured Core VI, it been too long I need this game in my veins.
giphy.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

/end thread

Wow very pathetic of Lance to do this. Jaffe has repeatedly said that he will never leak anything he knows about because he doesnt want to do that to the teams over at Sony. He doesnt want to be the clout chasing youtuber. The only reason he mentioned this was because it was revealed to him by a non-studio source. A journalist. Thats it.

For Lance to go all in on Jaffe over that is insane. Guy needs some help.

Bloodborne remake, MGS remake, new Castlevania title, GoT2, Spider-Man 2, new SSM title, new Bend title........not to mention the third party stuff that I'm sure will be shown.

We could also finally see Silent Hill: The Short Message

saintjules

Wow very pathetic of Lance to do this. Jaffe has repeatedly said that he will never leak anything he knows about because he doesnt want to do that to the teams over at Sony. He doesnt want to be the clout chasing youtuber. The only reason he mentioned this was because it was revealed to him by a non-studio source. A journalist. Thats it.

For Lance to go all in on Jaffe over that is insane. Guy needs some help.

I never heard the code was lost. What I heard was that the code was a mess, to which my response was, "Well, yeah. Fromsoft has been using and tweaking the same engine since Demon's Souls, so of course it's being held together with duct tape."

But that doesn't change the fact that (a) their crap code Bloodborne has less input lag than the fresh Demon's Souls remake and (b) Lance McDonald, without the benefit of the source code, was able to back port the Dark Souls 3 PS4 Pro patch to Bloodborne and get it running on cracked and development consoles.

-Zelda-

Banned
Isn't this the same idiot game designer who got stuck in that Metroid Dread room and also complained about Bloodstained ritual of the night?
Don't care about anything he has to say.

yurinka

Bluepoint said its a new game not a remake right?
Bluepoint's boss said they moved away from remakes and remasters and at Sony were going to work on original games.

God of War Ragnarok has been the first of them. Their design team is only a level designed they hired once they completed their job in GoWR and a game designer, so they will continue working on games leaded by some other studio.

I wouldn't expect to see Bluepoint again in any remake or remaster. They will only work in new games or dlcs.

The only one realistic in this list is Spider-Man 2. Jaffe said that he doesn't know if there is a Bloodborne PS5/PC in the works. MGS is only a rumor, same goes with Castlevania. It's too early for GoT2 and Bend, they are years away from having something to show, and pretty likely same with SSM.

Last edited:

schaft0620

I think we need to chill out and come back to earth.

Konami isn't getting 3 trailers, it would be a Konami event like they did with Silent Hill.

No reason to think Bend is ready anytime soon.

Sony will save stuff for Summer Game Fest, plus there's Gamescom, TGS, TGA.

So many rumors are popping up this week about what will appear in the playstation showcase and the actually showcase hasn’t even been officially announced yet …

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

skneogaf

Even if no remake or remaster then pc will one day be able to emulate a ps4 perfectly so bloodborne at much higher performance will definitely happen.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I think we need to chill out and come back to earth.

Konami isn't getting 3 trailers, it would be a Konami event like they did with Silent Hill.

No reason to think Bend is ready anytime soon.

Sony will save stuff for Summer Game Fest, plus there's Gamescom, TGS, TGA.

I am who I am, brother.

I live off the hype. Bathe myself in it. Consume it. The hype is rising.

wHHtvtM.gif

Top Bottom