• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: David Jaffe says, "we all know a Bloodborne remake or remaster is in development" (based on journalist rumors)

EXACTLY! I got in FROM games in the first place because of their unique aesthetics, even back Armored Core days. Even to this day with bunch of Souls-like clone games none of them still can’t capture same artstyle…..I don’t need Bluepoint inserting their generic artstyle in to Bloodborne.

Just give me a simple remaster….please.
It's noticeably less eccentric and unsettling in some ways. Talking about Demon's Souls. For example, there was no reason at all to make the first Latria level more typical Horror. The constant insect buzzing and bizarre quiet with the guy's echoing cries was ten times more unsettling exactly because it felt really weird in the context of an Action game.

From's idiosyncracies are a thing of beauty that shouldn't be fucked with like that afaic.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This and it has terrible iq

It's one of last gens best looking games.

anchorman-island.gif

IQ =/= art direction!

IQ = image quality. F Feel Like I'm On 42 is right, Bloodborne is stuck on an old console with a relatively low resolution and little to no anti-aliasing. It deserves a significant IQ boost.

S0ULZB0URNE

IQ =/= art direction!

IQ = image quality. F Feel Like I'm On 42 is right, Bloodborne is stuck on an old console with a relatively low resolution and little to no anti-aliasing. It deserves a significant IQ boost.
It's native 1080p on a regular PS4 so the IQ is good for last gen.
The art style is phenomenal.

The combo of both makes it one of last gens best looking games.

Many users praising the visuals and posting pictures that show off the game, even here we have threads...
Yes, but they were praising the art design and world building. There was practically always the caveat that it could have looked so much better on the technical side.

Last edited:
For a 1080p PS4  game it looks great.🤷
Not sure why it bothers some of you so much.

Not really - it doesn't hold a candle to games GOW or Death Stranding, or even RD2 which is a 3rd party title. All of which are very visually polished.

Bloodborne is ridden with low resolution textures, poor or pretty much lack of decent AA as well as a notoriously choppy frame rate.

S0ULZB0URNE

Not really - it doesn't hold a candle to games GOW or Death Stranding, or even RD2 which is a 3rd party title. All of which are very visually polished.

Bloodborne is ridden with low resolution textures, poor or pretty much lack of decent AA as well as a notoriously choppy frame rate.
In your opinion.
How many games released last gen?
It's easily in the top 20 of that large number IMO.

Top Bottom