• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone 2 Petition - Will Sony Listen?

The game is super mediocre to me and very unpolished, but a second game would be interesting since it has potential. It's kinda fun for a while but I lost interest after maybe 15 hours. A far cry from the quality of God of War, The Last of Us (1 and 2), Horizon etc. If a second game got more polish, care and attention from the developers (and maybe a higher budget?) it could be great!

Last edited:
lmfao. maybe dark souls to pc everything else was planned way ahead. who asked for days gone on pc?
i beat days gone on my ps4 pro and i promise i was begging for it on PC. PC is way more powerful and would have been able to enjoy the game the first time through at 60fps. bring all Sony games to PC!

proandrad

Do people actually like this game or is it just another fuck you to The Last of Us: Part 2. I much rather get a sequel to The Order 1886.

Last edited:
Days Gone actually isnt that bad.

Ultimately the gameplay is just fun. If I was Sony, I would just replace the zombies to “The last of Us” infected. Set it outside the united states. Make it co-op.

99Luffy

Banned
No.
I feel sony is developing an EA like rep for being anti developer but really theyre at their worst when theyre too lenient.
We got 2 resistance games that should never of happened, Killzone really should not have been a franchise at all. Infamous was an average game when it came out and it got 3 super average sequels. No more second chances Sony.

Doubtful because the main guys already left the studio and the team is well underway on working on a new project. Maybe much later down the road but it's still very unlikely.

Nope.

Game Of Throne producers didn't listen petition for Remake which had around 2 mil. signatures. Sony will listen because around 35k signatures? Naaah

bitbydeath

Doubtful because the main guys already left the studio and the team is well underway on working on a new project. Maybe much later down the road but it's still very unlikely.

That was a false rumour.
They’ve been working on an undisclosed open world game since 2019, that alone debunks everything Jason said.

kingfish

That was good with the dynamics used such as road blocks and releasing the prisoner but Days Gone took it further making it so there was always something unpredictable that would occur on your journey.
I loved how the world felt really hostile and dangerous in Days Gone, and how I had to constantlty watch out for threats but at the same time I feel like RDR2 went the extra mile in regards of making the world feel like it was really alive with all that wildlife and the random/scripted encounters. I hope we'll see Days Gone again in the future tho. Just imagine what they can achieve with UE5.

bitbydeath

I loved how the world felt really hostile and dangerous in Days Gone, and how I had to constantlty watch out for threats but at the same time I feel like RDR2 went the extra mile in regards of making the world feel like it was really alive with all that wildlife and the random/scripted encounters. I hope we'll see Days Gone again in the future tho. Just imagine what they can achieve with UE5.

I don’t recall animals attacking enemies in RDR2 but they did in Days Gone. You could even attract a horde and have it tear through an entire camp. RDR2 had nothing like that.

kingfish

I don’t recall animals attacking enemies in RDR2 but they did in Days Gone. You could even attract a horde and have it tear through an entire camp. RDR2 had nothing like that.
Yeah, they can attack NPC's in RDR2. I honestly don't remember if I ever used the horde thing to clear a camp, I don't know why. Have to try it in my next playthrough. And now that you mention it, I'm kinda curious if I can use predator bait in RDR2 to attract a bear or a cougar and see if it kills some O'Driscolls.

bitbydeath

Wait...Sony Bend is working on a open world game since 2019????

Yes.

odhiex

The gameplay was decent, the story was quite good, the horde mechanic was awesome. I have finished the campaign, enjoyed it, but I don't think I'm going to miss it if it does not continue.

I would rather see them working on a new IP.

Dolomite

Is this petition going to make Days Gone 2 reality, is Sony going to listen to this voice?
Looney Tunes No GIF by swerk

Kumomeme

just buy the pc version of game next month, makesure it sell well and give good rating on metacritic

might be way effective than petition. they surely gonna trust sales and metacritic rating data, than petition number since they the one gonna throw money on it.

Last edited:
Yes.

This project was probably canceled in last december because the two new writers who joined Bend have left in december.

Tom Dibble - Screenwriter: HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL - Catalyst Pictures | LinkedIn

killatopak

It's a 60 hour open world game that you can keep messing around in endlessly. It's also FILLED with tonnes of unoriginal cookie cutter gameplay elements. Why do people want a sequel to this straight away?

Let Bend work on a new IP, improve their game development skills, and then that way if they do end up making a Days Gone 2 it'll be significantly better.
You mean like Assassins Creed and every other open world game?

Mokus

The story sucked big time in the first game. So I'm not really convinced for a sequel unless they can deliver something considerably better.

Keihart

Whatever mismanagement they had before their new IP can't be fixed now, i don't see anything good coming out of them going by back to Days Gone right now, lots of talent related to the first game left and the team has already started production on a new game. They would only lose time and be less creatively free.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Will Sony listen? not sure

I think with this uproar some gaming devs will start making zombie games and biker games because it seems there’s demand for it.

Gamezone

Gold Member
We: How much did Days Gone sell?

Sony: Millions.

We: But 40, 000 people signed a petition.

Sony: What the hell were we thinking? Get the Days Gone 2 development going right now.

xrnzaaas

More people buying the game would have sent a stronger message.
but not on day1 like John Garvin wants you to. I'm glad how Days Gone turned out eventually after all the big patches, but the devs shouldn't have released the game in such an unpolished state in the first place.

Last edited:

EDMIX

It's pretty obvious that Days Gone 2 will happen

The fact that Sony is putting Days Gone on PC, sounds like what Jason was saying was very exaggerated. I just don't see Sony putting more money, in a IP they are not expanding. Its like how we all knew Horizon Zero Dawn was getting a sequel when it hit PC and months later we got a announcement of a sequel.

I think the reason why ALL of Bend is not working on Days Gone 2 is because Unreal Engine 5 is not done yet, ND new IP is deeper in development and needs more help.

Sony has no reason to announce a sequel out of no where simply to please people, MOST companies don't do this. So they likely have it planned, but they are correct to not address a fucking rumor like this.

Folks might as well argue Sony isn't doing Spiderman anymore and be like "new rumor bro, Spiderman 2 NOT HAPPENING, sign this petition to get it worked on" and or "WHY WON'T SONY TELL US SPIDERMANY 2 is in development bro?"

Top Bottom