• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

scalman

i jumped with nitro to one nero site but not to other , nitro is not enough still, so need to wait for more upgrades and then i found 3rd camp and they have new upgrades for like everything. caint wait to gain that trust now here. this game is something different for me. for now still no borring and enjoying all stuff. would be cool to have handheld PS4 console so you could play it anywhere.
ohh one time i felt to river and there was no way out and too deep water so its said no way to fix bike in water... reloaded last save. thats why i save as much as i can .
and another nero site on top left side duno where it is its shows cross on map so its under or something because up there are just mountains and if its underground then where is entry point ? its near where Sarah Stone is ... how to get to that one ?

Last edited:

Fake

I lost 30 minutes fighting the horde. I waste most of all my resource, but in the end I won. Funny fact is I only won because I receive help from others freakers believe or not.
Anw, after I beat a fcking horde I complete the mission about 'killing horde'... i GET 5%.. WTF.

scalman

you mean that first horde in 2 train wagons ? that is so easy there. just trow molotovs and bombs. on other place i just hide in bushes had plenty molotovs bombs and atraction bombs and others explosives so used that all. no point to fight hordes directly.

Fake

you mean that first horde in 2 train wagons ? that is so easy there. just trow molotovs and bombs. on other place i just hide in bushes had plenty molotovs bombs and atraction bombs and others explosives so used that all. no point to fight hordes directly.
Please... later game. Trust me you had seen nothing.

demigod

I lost 30 minutes fighting the horde. I waste most of all my resource, but in the end I won. Funny fact is I only won because I receive help from others freakers believe or not.
Anw, after I beat a fcking horde I complete the mission about 'killing horde'... i GET 5%.. WTF.

I don’t get these percentages. I clear out the non horde camps and i still don’t get 100%.

Just finished the story. Have a couple things to clean up for what will be my second plat trophy ever (first one being Spider-Man)

Final score I’m sticking with 8. There was awhile in the middle part of the game I would have gone as low as 7, but overall the strengths outshine the weaknesses enough for me to stick with 8.

I will try survival mode when that drops, for sure.

I have a couple nit picky gripes with the story but nothing I can’t get over. There are some annoyances in progression structure and gameplay mechanics. Definitely some technical hiccups. I think a sequel on next gen hardware could be truly special

Glad I purchased

Riding a fully upgraded chopper around with Stone Temple Pilots blasting on my Spotify app is awesome

Last edited:

scalman

Hordes are not so interesting anyway i will avoid those as long as i can. As i inderstand its not needed to fight them for most part, but we will see what happens. Dont have any traps yet so its long way to play still and thats great.

desertdroog

Just finished the story. Have a couple things to clean up for what will be my second plat trophy ever (first one being Spider-Man)

Final score I’m sticking with 8. There was awhile in the middle part of the game I would have gone as low as 7, but overall the strengths outshine the weaknesses enough for me to stick with 8.

I have a couple nit picky gripes with the story but nothing I can’t get over. There are some annoyances in progression structure and gameplay mechanics. Definitely some technical hiccups. I think a sequel on next gen hardware could be truly special

Glad I purchased

Riding a fully upgraded chopper around with Stone Temple Pilots blasting on my Spotify app is awesome
JareBear, please check your private messages.

HotPocket69

Banned

Glad I purchased

Which STP songs though?

DanielsM

Banned

Yeah, I'm way behind you guys, probably not even 40% into the story main missions but doing nest clearing and trying to knock out most of the side missions, etc as I go along. My initial impressions of 8.5 range are still intact (similar to yours), I think this is a 9-10 game though, without the bug, glitches, and performance issues. That (8.5) is what I would rate it if I were a real reviewer to explain the issues with the game. But as a personal choice of what I want to play, I would rate this a top 3 game for me all-time experiences in gaming and seems to be getting even better story wise as I play. I think its an extra-ordinary game on many levels.

I mention earlier I wouldn't mind online bike racing in Days Gone 2, well, I probably wouldn't mind this being the game play base for a Socom reboot, it has everything in it and than some i.e. Days Gone 2: Socom Edition, you could also have the military (Socom) as a separate faction.

- PvP (modes with and without zombies in the field of battle or some component)
- PvE (Horde mode type settings)
- PvP (online bike racing)

Last edited:
Plat Completed! Only my second Plat ever, feels good man. As someone else said, this is a pretty easy plat, all things considered. I still have a bunch of hordes left and that’s it. I’ll probably knock the out one or two at a time moving forward while I shift back to Sekiro

Which STP songs though?

All I know is Wicked Garden came on as I was nitrous boosting over a hoard and it was awesome

Rest In Peace, Scott

Last edited:

Fake

Big Freaker he kills the little ones too
After the cutscene showing him remove other freak arms, go to the right and you will see a hole. The strategy: shot him, when he getting close enter the hole. Repeat.

Komatsu

Currently about 15h in and I am really enjoying the game thoroughly, though it's far removed from my usual gaming diet (to give you an idea, the other game I am currently playing through is Shining Force III for the SEGA Saturn). I almost never buy game on launch day and wans't planning to get this one, but my local game store sold it to me for $25 after I traded some stuff in.

The whole hee-hawing about the simplicity of the game's systems and how derivative it all is smacks me of opportunism on the part of many of the reviewers. Ubi has been churning out the same open world game for 5 years now and yet they get none of this flak. I can see how people may dislike some of the story beats, though for those who care to play the game the main character Deek is a surprisingly progressive biker. The game is beautiful and I've only encountered a handful of bugs.

vpance

For whatever reason I can't use my bike's ammo bag anymore. The icon for it shows up when I'm on the bike, but when I'm off it there's no button prompt. Wtf is it some bug?

scalman

sometimes after loading save file you loose your melee weapon and ending up just with default knife. so if you dont check that and drive somewhere to fight ending up without any melee weapon.
about 42% into story now with doing everything that is side and all camps and as many nest places as i can. so its long game so far , amazing.
today on Pro after long gameplay cutscenes starts to play and voice is not synched with how lips move its laging behind. watched about 4 cutscenes and all where like that .

Jayjayhd34

sometimes after loading save file you loose your melee weapon and ending up just with default knife. so if you dont check that and drive somewhere to fight ending up without any melee weapon.
about 42% into story now with doing everything that is side and all camps and as many nest places as i can. so its long game so far , amazing.
today on Pro after long gameplay cutscenes starts to play and voice is not synched with how lips move its laging behind. watched about 4 cutscenes and all where like that .

This, has been happening to me restarting the game fixes it.

Last edited:

Shakka43

Can't get the damn Burnout Apocalypse trophy, I saw the powerpix video doing a circle but i haven't been able to replicate it.

Shakka43

Took me a few tries. Don't just hold the left stick all the way left or right

About half way would you say?

Edit: Got it. Did around the same location but between the two burned down houses, there's more room to do the circle in there. Platinum achieved!

Last edited:

scalman

there was one camp that i needed to clean so i went there ass allways stealth left bike far and going via bushes closer then marking enemies and then checking how they move what they do .... when suddenly wild freaks appeared and killed couple of rippers, so i thought wow amazing ...then i waited some more and couple wild wolfs came running and eating those rippers again they killed maybe 3 of them . so i thought its great i just left some 5 guys now ...and then from nowere wild bear came running into camp and killed everyone that left there...
mission done . lol
moments like those are just amazing in game... when you just watch that living dangerous world that lives without you .
or moments when enemies spot you on some place and if you hide and wait that enemy will run around to that exact place and search for you around some then go back. even if hes like lower and you on hill, he will run unto that hill where he saw you ...just wow moments.
or if they hear your bike and you leave bike so they come to it to look whats going on then searching around. thats cool . i like that they not just spot you in bushes of too close like in some other games. or if you run over corner and hide in bushes they wont know which bush you in because didint saw you. if you hide in bushes thats in their vision then they will shoot into that bush. i just found those small things just super cool.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
I started the game today, I just play a couple of hours but my first impressions are very good. The game looks pretty awesome on Pro and I really love the vibe. I sure can't understand the reviews.

I think the coolest game I've ever played and I would say this and Bloodborne are my games of the cycle. Because its a subpar game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

aatcrqS.jpg

fhs0shn.jpg

H5vluyi.jpg

DanielsM

Banned
those screens are not how game looks too satturated too much filters.

Those were grabbed via photo mode, I did it myself on a base PS4.... saturation was slight bumped up on the settings photo mode on the first two. Yes, that is basically what the game looks like on my front projector, although depending where the sun is, some adjustment might be necessary for an image due to over exposure.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
So I've been just absorbing everything I hear and see about the game and the conclusion I've come to is that the game scoring in the low 70's seems odd when it feels more like a low 80's the more you play it. It's not one of PlayStation's masterpiece or higher end titles but it just doesn't seem to be getting the recognition it deserves. I mean, that Onimusha remaster was a bad joke and it scored around the same. I hear a lot of "this part needed work" but then it's always followed up by something along the lines of "but I'll be damned if this part isn't great".

DanielsM

Banned
So I've been just absorbing everything I hear and see about the game and the conclusion I've come to is that the game scoring in the low 70's seems odd when it feels more like a low 80's the more you play it. It's not one of PlayStation's masterpiece or higher end titles but it just doesn't seem to be getting the recognition it deserves. I mean, that Onimusha remaster was a bad joke and it scored around the same. I hear a lot of "this part needed work" but then it's always followed up by something along the lines of "but I'll be damned if this part isn't great".

There are bugs, glitches, and performance issues... although mine experiences so far are pretty limited - bike can be problem with framerate and camps. If we exclude that from the total conversation, for my tastes. Days Gone > Horizon/Red Dead Redemption 2, imo for open world... I haven't played FarCry games since the first one. so can't compare there. I would imagine it depends on what type of game you like, I would also say that their is pacing issues in the beginning of the game and some tech issues i.e. loading... almost like they changed up the front end of the game at the last minute. I would think this game will remind most people of quite a few games in particular areas i.e. Mad Max, first Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Unchartered, etc. To me the unique thing is the all the combat and crafting systems combined plus the eco-system of the world.... zombies vs. humans, zombies vs. wildlife, and Deacon against all of them.

Its masterpiece for my particular taste, but I would probably score it around 8.5 so far (impressions)... as there are flaws with technical/pacing issues, but I would rather play this than Horizon or RDR2 any day of the week. I have to force myself to put it down... very fun game, imo. I think the game is so big not only in map area but systems (combat/crafting/eco-systems) that one can easily nitpick as to personal issues/preferences... this is not a small game in anyway....whether its combat mechanics or map size. etc.

If you have doubts, nothing wrong with waiting, maybe they will fix more of the issues and the game will eventually be cheaper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom