• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
Echoing the above, most of the hidden Nero sites are accessed by bike jumps, so once you figure out where the landing point is, its fairly easy to figure out where the corresponding jump-ramp is. Basically if you can see a flat elevated plateau that you simply cannot reach near where the marker is, that is either the entry or exit point from the site.

I always found it easier to work back from that, rather than hunting ramps which are harder to spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

~Fake

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Almost beating at the survive mode. Already put all camps (besides the late game one) to the max level and pretty much max level. What annoy me its the fact I need every time to press the analog button to reveal the map. Its god damn annoying and I fear I start to break my new dualshock.
They should add a 'dynamic' hud instead of force every hud gone.

Reactions: Off Duty Ninja
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Almost beating at the survive mode. Already put all camps (besides the late game one) to the max level and pretty much max level. What annoy me its the fact I need every time to press the analog button to reveal the map. Its god damn annoying and I fear I start to break my new dualshock.
They should add a 'dynamic' hud instead of force every hud gone.
I agree. Navigating all the trails and roads is really difficult without the GPS due to the design of the world. I feel like I click it every few seconds to make sure I haven't gone off on the wrong path.

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
Just finished 100% my normal playthrough, not sure if I can't do it all agaon on Survival as I got a list of other games that need fininshing. I just wanna do NG+ with all my max stats hahaha
Just reached Lost Lake on my Survival run. Think I love this game even more now!

Honestly think this is going to end up as one of my favorites of the entire gen. Its one of the most consistently entertaining long games I've ever played, and the longer I spend in the world Bend have created, the more I appreciate the work that's gone into making it.

Aug 26, 2018
So Im kind of stuck on this one, mainly because I have a horde there. When I was looking at tutorials, they are there sometimes at night, but for me, day time or night time they dont move from that area. Night they are active, day they just sit around but can still spot me in a second.

This happened to anyone else? I guess i can only do this mission if i kill of the horde but its a pretty massive one so i was hoping to leave it for later but no matter how much I reload or fast travel, they are there always.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2015
So Im kind of stuck on this one, mainly because I have a horde there. When I was looking at tutorials, they are there sometimes at night, but for me, day time or night time they dont move from that area. Night they are active, day they just sit around but can still spot me in a second.

This happened to anyone else? I guess i can only do this mission if i kill of the horde but its a pretty massive one so i was hoping to leave it for later but no matter how much I reload or fast travel, they are there always.
They shouldn’t be around at day time.
Have you tried sleeping in a bed nearby til it hits morning and see if that refreshes it?

Aug 26, 2018
They shouldn’t be around at day time.
Have you tried sleeping in a bed nearby til it hits morning and see if that refreshes it?
I just beat it....had to get rid of the horde. It was like on cue, as soon as i enter the area, the horde starts moving out and just sits there even during daylight. It must be a glitch cuz they would sit and then all of a sudden get up and then sit back.

Reactions: bitbydeath
Aug 26, 2018
Just finished the game today. What a ride, a long one just as long as RDR2 but i enjoyed it way more. The reviewers that gave this game a 6 are clueless. It aint a 10/10 but a solid 8/10 for me.

Even tho the subject matter was post apocalyptic zombies, it had a fresh spin and I hope the developers know the good sides instead of being told how their game was "meh". Boozer n Decon had great brotherly chemistry.

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
500 I believe at the Sawmill.
I think there are a couple bigger than that in the southern part of the map, 600-700 ish.

I've definitely cleared more than 600 ears from a single horde, although the majority are 200-300. That being said, I kinda thought the 300 freaker swarms in more open territory (Metolius caverns comes to mind) were the most fun to fight, especially as if you run away downhill from them they maintain sight-line and dont stop following you!

Ka1ciuM

Neo Member
Apr 14, 2013
London
I almost got surrounded at the Sawmill as I turned to blast the freakers on the high bridge then jumped down and also got killed by a 50+ gang cominng from the left and right

Tritroid

Jun 6, 2004
Kentucky
I'm about to start another play-through I think, but man I love the AI in this game. I love how when a horde is chasing you, previously ferocious animals, like bears, will say "fuck that" and turn around and start racing in the opposite direction. Its so hilarious.

I also love the moments that catch you completely off guard; I was over-top of a horde cave, and decided to try to lure them out by dropping a radio in front of the cave. Upon dropping it, I could hear the horde approaching, but couldn't see any emerging from the cave. When I finally turned around, I saw a massive horde that had been traveling come cascading towards me over a hill in the sunset. I almost died from laughing so hard.

ABrokenToy

Apr 1, 2017
What the actual fuck is up with the audio level of talking in this game. I just started it yesterday and the dialogue is completely drowned out. There's times where I can't hear wtf Deacon says. Sounds like he got a deacon the mouth. Wtf.

Last edited:

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
What the actual fuck is up with the audio level of talking in this game. I just started it yesterday and the dialogue is completely drowned out. There's times where I can't hear wtf Deacon says. Sounds like he got a deacon the mouth. Wtf.
It's definitely pretty inconsistent. I always keep on subtitles in every game, but there are a few cutscenes where the subtitles seemingly don't work.

Apr 5, 2013
I'm about to start another play-through I think, but man I love the AI in this game. I love how when a horde is chasing you, previously ferocious animals, like bears, will say "fuck that" and turn around and start racing in the opposite direction. Its so hilarious.

I also love the moments that catch you completely off guard; I was over-top of a horde cave, and decided to try to lure them out by dropping a radio in front of the cave. Upon dropping it, I could hear the horde approaching, but couldn't see any emerging from the cave. When I finally turned around, I saw a massive horde that had been traveling come cascading towards me over a hill in the sunset. I almost died from laughing so hard.
The random events can be hilarious some times. It was near dawn when I was tracking the horde close to the Lost Lake farm. I figure I'll just wait for them to go back to their cave to sleep for the day so I can get the drop on them. I'm hiding by some bushes when a pack of wolves tried to pick on a nearby straggler from the horde. Needless to say that did not go well for them with two of the pack getting mobbed nearly instantly. The last one ran away and had this great big horde after him. It's just too bad he ran towards the bush where I was hiding.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2015
The random events can be hilarious some times. It was near dawn when I was tracking the horde close to the Lost Lake farm. I figure I'll just wait for them to go back to their cave to sleep for the day so I can get the drop on them. I'm hiding by some bushes when a pack of wolves tried to pick on a nearby straggler from the horde. Needless to say that did not go well for them with two of the pack getting mobbed nearly instantly. The last one ran away and had this great big horde after him. It's just too bad he ran towards the bush where I was hiding.
It’s great fun when a horde is near a camp. I just get the horde chasing me then run straight through the middle of their camp. They only shoot at me for a short time before getting overrun.

Last edited:

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
It’s great fun when a horde is near a camp. I just get the horde chasing me then run straight through the middle of their camp. They only shoot at me for a short time before getting overrun.
Its nice the way that all the enemies interact with each other, breakers being particularly hilarious as they literally smash anything they see. Which reminds me. I need to try and set up a fight between one and a rager bear, see which comes out on top!

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
Thought I was maybe nearing the end but the story quite suddenly took a sharp turn and now it looks like there is still a whole lot to this adventure. Really wasn't expecting this kind of turn after going south and
meeting Sarah in this crazy militia camp.
I've got a feeling this isn't going to go end well for Deacon...

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
Thought I was maybe nearing the end but the story quite suddenly took a sharp turn and now it looks like there is still a whole lot to this adventure. Really wasn't expecting this kind of turn after going south and
meeting Sarah in this crazy militia camp.
I've got a feeling this isn't going to go end well for Deacon...
You have a long way to go. Southern region is big and there are a lot of missions before you hit the endgame, which is pretty substantial if you want to be a completionist and get all the post-story stuff.

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
You have a long way to go. Southern region is big and there are a lot of missions before you hit the endgame, which is pretty substantial if you want to be a completionist and get all the post-story stuff.
Great news! For whatever reason I've been compelled to do everything in the game up until now (missions, hives, camps, etc.), so I'll probably try to go for the platinum in this despite never being much of a completionist in most games.

Reactions: VedderOA

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Great news! For whatever reason I've been compelled to do everything in the game up until now (missions, hives, camps, etc.), so I'll probably try to go for the platinum in this despite never being much of a completionist in most games.
It’s an incredibly fun Platinum to obtain. One of the best.

And you’ll be rewarded with a PSN theme for it too! 👌🏼