• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

DanielsM

Banned
My best moment in the game was luring a couple of zombies to a human camp with rock distractions, its actually not that easy, at least when I tried it.

I'm liking this at least as much as Horizon. But enjoying the setting and story more here.

Focus aiming and melee weapon repair have been good early skill unlocks for me. Getting headshots at distance has been a bit tricky with these early weapons.

Its a better all around game for me than Horizon maybe by a whole step, and I thought that one was solid in the combat area. Agree on the melee weapon repair, I haven't added the focus aiming skill yet so thanks for the tip there.

I've been using the pistol for head shots when humans hide behind cover at medium/long distance. When a few zombies come running at me, the pistol is freaking useless to me.... I freakout and panic. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
My best moment in the game was luring a couple of zombies to a human camp with rock distractions, its actually not that easy, at least when I tried it.

Its a better all around game for me than Horizon maybe by a whole step, and I thought that one was solid in the combat area. Agree on the melee weapon repair, I haven't added the focus aiming skill yet so thanks for the tip there.

I've been using the pistol for head shots when humans hide behind cover at medium/long distance. When a few zombies come running at me, the pistol is freaking useless to me.... I freakout and panic. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I haven’t had much luck luring freakers to enemy humans either. I tried one of those attractor things but it didn’t work like I thought it would. Only other thing I can think of is literally triggering a horse and just kiting it through the camp while getting shot by the humans first

Last edited:
One moment so far me is I was at the Nero checkpoint far north of copelands camp, the one by the railroad tracks.

there were no enemies at all in the area and I didn't expect the massive horde in the train cars, do they keep respawning or is there a limited number? I got a bunch of em on one attempt and there were still more in the cars when I went to turn the generator on

But yea, that got me pretty good.

DanielsM

Banned
I haven’t had much luck luring freakeds to enemy humans either. I tried one of those attractor things but it didn’t work like I thought it would. Only other thing I can think of is literally triggering a horse and just ktiojg it through the camp while getting shot by the humans first

Yeah, I haven't watched any videos, not sure how you get a whole bunch of them to attack. I was lucky and found a few zombies close to the camp, and it took me a while to get them over there. Not sure if there is another way other than the rocks, or if, I'm doing something wrong -- it wasn't easy just getting them 200 virtual feet.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Did I mention the floor textures in this game are insane? 😁

Shakka43

Down on the D-pad

Works for turning off chopper headlight too

Can also use left on dpad to quick heal

Playing for 5 more hours today, 13 total so far, still really enjoying it.
Oh I know that, I just mean putting an actual flashlight on Deacon as the light is coming out of nowhere in the current state of the game.

Fake

Did I mention the floor textures in this game are insane? 😁
Indeed. I still in honeymoon with this game and he can match Horizon Zero Dawn, but yeah texture pop and some framerate drops are comom. They really need to adress that.
Thats why Horizon still top. A huge open world with near zero bugs, stable perfomance and textures works so damn fine.
Days Gone can learn one thing or two with HZD.

CyberPanda

Banned
Indeed. I still in honeymoon with this game and he can match Horizon Zero Dawn, but yeah texture pop and some framerate drops are comom. They really need to adress that.
Thats why Horizon still top. A huge open world with near zero bugs, stable perfomance and textures works so damn fine.
Days Gone can learn one thing or two with HZD.
That’s because that’s a nice feature of the unreal engine 4. Lol

RPGCrazied

I like story driven games. I'll probably check it out sooner rather than later. I'm trying to think of all the good story based games based on zombie like creatures. I can't think any besides Last of Us.

Does this have a lot of cutscenes?

Fake

I have two tips for you folks. First watch out the fucking gas meter. Second, hunt at night is very hard. Those bastards are no joking about horde. You can get stuck at night trust me.

HotPocket69

Banned
I thought I was maybe stranded at that logging camp nest. My bike was at like 6%. Somehow I found a gas can that almost seemed like it spawned as soon as I turned the corner but I dunno...

What happens when you’re dead out of gas? Like are you seriously fucked (or does it give you an immediate option to fast travel to a camp fill up?) Because that would be great.

Last edited:

Inviusx

They need to patch how nests work. During the day if you burn a nest it just instantly spawns a bunch of zombies out of thin air around the nest, they don't even run out of it. Kinda ruins my technique of laying traps outside ofthe nest hole plus it just looks retarded and ruins immersion.

vpance

Pistol is so garbage, lol. I found an AK47 which has made those SHTF moments more manageable. But yeah with focus you get way more time to line up shots with the crossbow. Liked that mechanic in Horizon too.

Fake

What happens when you’re dead out of gas? Like are you seriously fucked (or does it give you an immediate option to fast travel to a camp fill up?) Because that would be great.
You get into a hard spot. You still can ride the bike, but walking with the bike. My suggestion is run for the near camp and spend money to bring back the bike.
I 'almost' revert my save because I tried to hunt some deers, but when I kill one the game autosave, became night time and start to rain all at the same time. Even worst, a horde start to run after those pack of deers eventually bring then to me. Was a mess. After many deaths, I finally think in a way to get out this shit. Get some cover and wait the entire horde follow the pack of deers away from me. I run into a camp and pay for bring back the bike. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So the consensus here seems to be that it’s a solid, but not great game?

Anyone disagree with that?

Shakka43

I was getting the out of sync audio bug(just in the cutscenes), had to close the game and reopen it to get rid of it

Top Bottom