• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone (PS4): The Origin of an Antihero

Remember when the last of us was announced, people were saying it was just another zombie game? Good times...

/S

So much negativity in here.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see more. I'm excited to see what Bend can do on console.

There's also something important to note: all of those games sell well.

It's a post apocalyptic open world survival game that looks beautiful visually, that's heavy on narrative, single player, third person, crafting, "Freaker" hordes with unique mechanics, etc. That *will* resonate with the wider PlayStation audience regardless of how opinion is divided on GAF.

Definitely interested in the game...but every time I look at it I wish it were The Last of Us.

bunkitz

The demo they played is an in-game mission which require the player to kill all zombies in that area. It would have been better if Sony'd had commentary demo in keynote to explain it but they only said about demo after the keynote

Really? I thought the goal was to find that Two-Bone guy or whatever his name was. I think it would be weird to have missions where our goal is to eliminate an entire horde, because there are way too many in a horde and that would require a ridiculous amount of bullets and/or explosives. If I recall correctly, it was said in an interview that the amount of bullets in the demo was made just for the demo, I think? As in, you're not necessarily expected to have that much.

Loudninja

Really? I thought the goal was to find that Two-Bone guy or whatever his name was. I think it would be weird to have missions where our goal is to eliminate an entire horde, because there are way too many in a horde and that would require a ridiculous amount of bullets and/or explosives. If I recall correctly, it was said in an interview that the amount of bullets in the demo was made just for the demo, I think? As in, you're not necessarily expected to have that much.
That danger will be something you can build up to, with Roth observing that, at the start of the game, the player will be in no state to handle the hordes seen so far (“that will happen later in the game where you are equipped enough to deal with them”). The open world also means you can avoid conflicts if you want. “If you went to the saw mill and you didn’t want to deal with the swarm, you’re fine. You can go somewhere and deal [with things] the way you want,” says Roth.

Fortunately you won’t have to worry about thousand strong crowds at every turn. In my demo an alternate route showed off some smaller encounters, fighting off a few Freakers at a time in side a building. “There’s going to be different sizes of horde; you’ll come across varying ranges of numbers,” confirms Pape.
http://www.gamesradar.com/sony-expl...eyre-alive-have-needs-and-behave-differently/

What the hell does this mean?
Deacon St. John was the MC of a motorcycle gang.

An MC is a motorcycle club. So he's the Motorcycle club of a motorcycle gang?

I really hope they do research on proper biker terminology for the writing of this game. It will irritate me to no end if I hear things like "Deacon is true 2%'er on his pig"
"His favorite thing is driving with his Old Woman grabbing tightly to his pissy bars"

Definitely interested in the game...but every time I look at it I wish it were The Last of Us.

I like the fact it is open world with a lot more options than your typical Naughty Dog game. TLOU2 will probably be my most anticipated game this generation once it is announced, but this game looks to have something unique to offer if it can live up to the developers' ambitions. Sony obviously has a lot faith in them to give it the 2nd slot in show and use the gameplay demo to close out the show.

I really hope they do research on proper biker terminology for the writing of this game. It will irritate me to no end if I hear things like "Deacon is true 2%'er on his pig"
"His favorite thing is driving with his Old Woman grabbing tightly to his pissy bars"

They have bike riders working in their studio and they said they are fascinated with the culture so I doubt they will half-ass their research. The part of his life seems to be major focus of the game.

Stillmatic

Deacon St. John was the MC of a motorcycle gang.

IVfApaA.jpg

Top Bottom