• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Comics Presents the Anti-Batman Wraith and his sidekick, Scorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the 2nd best after Red Hood(not counting MOTP & ROTJ)

Crisis on Two Earth's Owlman is the best Anti-Batman
2274222-owlman_co2e_super.jpg
Owl Man and the Crime Syndicate of Amerika is one of my favorites. Still need to watch that movie.

Oh you mean Prometheus

Oh you mean Killer Moth.

Wikipedia said:
The original Killer Moth was a prisoner identified only by his prison number, 234026. While in prison, he reads a newspaper article about Batman and decides to set himself up as the "anti-Batman," hiring himself out to Gotham City's criminals to help them elude capture by police. Upon his release, he uses the hidden proceeds of his crimes to build a "Mothcave", modeled on the photos of the Batcave in the newspaper article he read.

Killer Moth also establishes a false identity, as millionaire philanthropist Cameron van Cleer. In this guise, he becomes friends with Bruce Wayne. Meanwhile, he promotes himself to Gotham's criminals using his identity as Killer Moth, giving them each an infra-red Moth-signal.

This idea's not new at all.

Tizoc

I just want to add in, just for the record and future reference, that Hellboy is anything BUT '90s EXTREME!':
zysCxJ7.jpg

NKy9gPb.jpg

Ghost Rider is so lame.

The 90's Ghost Rider started out as a pretty solid mix of superhero and horror comics. It started in 1990, so eventually the "90's" comics style took hold and it went down, but it was pretty darn good for the first couple years.

Branduil

How is this guy different from The Wrath?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath_(comics)

He's been around for years.

The art says The Wrath. This isn't even a new character.

Wrath's parents were a couple of burglars like Joe Chill, the man who shot and killed Batman's own parents. They were shot by a young policeman who mistook them for committing a robbery (in actuality, they were crawling out of a window to "skip out" on paying their rent).

When Wrath finally returns to Gotham City, he comes to kill the man who had shot his parents. Wrath's target turns out to be Commissioner Gordon of the Gotham City Police

Wait Commissioner Gordon murdered a couple just because he thought they were committing a robbery?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
But what if Batman used his power for evil instead of good? Enter Wrath. An all-new villain who’ll be showing up soon in the pages of DETECTIVE COMICS, Wrath is essentially the anti-Batman. He’s got all the same gadgets and vehicles as the Dark Knight – but his intentions for how they’re used couldn’t be more opposite. Mainly because they’re far more lethal …

So he's Red Hood before he got pussywhiped?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never understood "DC is so 90's". If anything I thought Marvel is the one trapped in the 90's.

Mind you I'm saying pre-nu52 DC.

frye

Marvel distanced itself from the 90's (or at least, the popular conception of the 90's) pretty early on in the 00's in terms of what it published. A lot of it wasn't so hot but there was a ton of just throwing some shit on the wall to see what would stick (probably best exemplified by them bringing in Vertigo vets like Grant Morrison and Peter Milligan to steer the flagship X-book and X-Force respectively).

e: and DC was actually pretty good in the 90's

Tizoc

what issue is this from? I don't think i ever read liz's background

It's from BPRD Volume 1. Keep in mind that the comic is very different from the movies. More of Liz's background and character is revealed in BPRD.
By the time you get to the Hell on Earth story arcs, you'll be having the feels for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom