• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

NFOkG38.gif
Perfect response is perfect.

Dick Grayson shows have hit development hell so many times its never going to happen.
latest 2 attempts Graysons & Titans couldn't even make it... The Dick is cursed.

Nightwing would be too close to Arrow, Titans has a little more breathing room but still could be too close to Legends (as the team show)

If CW ever approves a 5th show, something from the DC Dark side could work. Constantine, Zatanna, Raven, JL Dark.

zulux21

Great trailer.

Gotham (the city) can apparently be mentioned now!

it's nice to see them loosening things.

ideally we move towards a real justice league series, getting the actors to be on board with just guest roles so we can eventually have flash and green arrow and supergirl ect all in one show working on a big evil over a single season.

it's really crazy to me how poorly the movie division is handling that universe by just trying to copy marvel very poorly, yet the TV stuff is well done and a great example on how to build up characters.

Nightwing would be too close to Arrow, Titans has a little more breathing room but still could be too close to Legends (as the team show)

If CW ever approves a 5th show, something from the DC Dark side could work. Constantine, Zatanna, Raven, JL Dark.

Titans was being shopped pre-Legends. TNT picked it up but after multiple attempts at a pilot script the president of TNT gave up on it.

Joni

Superbanter is goodi n Supergirl trailer.

it's nice to see them loosening things.

ideally we move towards a real justice league series, getting the actors to be on board with just guest roles so we can eventually have flash and green arrow and supergirl ect all in one show working on a big evil over a single season.

it's really crazy to me how poorly the movie division is handling that universe by just trying to copy marvel very poorly, yet the TV stuff is well done and a great example on how to build up characters.
I always have the feeling that Berlanti Production is just better at taking that Marvel style: light entertainment with a lot of shout-outs while improving on the stuff that Marvel fucks up: villains and fights.

Magwik

Banned
I'm still on the "Supernatural ending and getting replaced with Constantine" train. If they were really sending the show to die why would WB go through the trouble of putting the Blu-ray up on their archive site as well as the entire series on CW Seed?

ZeroX03

Banned
I think the film division is dragging their heels with Constantine, and the CW doesn't have room for the Hellblazer. I don't think Pedowitz wants to force superhero overload either. They can stall and hope for things to change, but Matt Ryan won't stay a reasonably free actor forever.

Joni

I think the film division is dragging their heels with Constantine, and the CW doesn't have room for the Hellblazer. I don't think Pedowitz wants to force superhero overload either. They can stall and hope for things to change, but Matt Ryan won't stay a reasonably free actor forever.

They should take some risks, have some shorter shows for the summer. Flash Presents: Constantine.

Platy

"how do you shave" he asks to the dude who only takes care of his facial hair, not the girl who shave 90% of her body hair and stays with him every day

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Kryptonian women may be naturally hairless. They are an alien species after all.

You can see Superman's stubble here though, which then begs the question.

KonradLaw

I'm still on the "Supernatural ending and getting replaced with Constantine" train. If they were really sending the show to die why would WB go through the trouble of putting the Blu-ray up on their archive site as well as the entire series on CW Seed?

I doubt Supernatural will end anytime soon. But Hellblazer would make a fine replacement for Vampire Diaries. Next year they won't have anything to pair Supernatural with.
CW should really do something from magical side of DC. Magic is getting hot now, with Doctor Strange and Potter coming back and CW could kill two birds with one stone, have a show that appeals to both the supernatural and comicbook fans.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I doubt Supernatural will end anytime soon. But Hellblazer would make a fine replacement for Vampire Diaries. Next year they won't have anything to pair Supernatural with.

They might not have anything yet, but they have plenty of shows that could.

Riverdale has been getting positive buzz. Or they could fill the slot with either iZombie and/or the 100 depending on episode order.

But putting a very, very similar show afterward just doesn't make a lot of sense. You ideally want complimentary shows, not ones that step on each other's toes.

Joni

CW should really do something from magical side of DC. Magic is getting hot now, with Doctor Strange and Potter coming back and CW could kill two birds with one stone, have a show that appeals to both the supernatural and comicbook fans.

They could always use iZombie or just keep The Originals.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So with less than a week to go - anyone want to lay down some predictions for what changes Flashpoint might bring to the Arrowverse shows?

Piano cover of Radioactive when Oliver catches Thea and Sara kissing.

It does make me wonder why Flashpoint will connect the Arrowverse with The Newsroom, but I assume it makes sense for people that have read Flashpoint.

I mean Flashpoint won't really do shit for that, I had just saw Jim on Supergirl and I think everyone deserves more Roy.

ZeroX03

Banned
So Skux Deluxe is doing the Supergirl OT, but here's my idea if I had done it:

Would've had a title like |OT| WoMan of Steel or |OT| I'm With Her. In the thread instead of having a Supergirl or Superman poster, it would've been a huge ass picture of Calista Flockhart and the thread would've been about how great Cat is. Superman's only mention would've been a tiny cliffnote at the bottom.

awCpK0o.jpg

IconGrist

So Skux Deluxe is doing the Supergirl OT, but here's my idea if I had done it:

Would've had a title like |OT| WoMan of Steel or |OT| I'm With Her. In the thread instead of having a Supergirl or Superman poster, it would've been a huge ass picture of Calista Flockhart and the thread would've been about how great Cat is. Superman's only mention would've been a tiny cliffnote at the bottom.

awCpK0o.jpg

And now I'm glad you aren't making it. <_<

Top Bottom