• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Update 4's Stickam talk is scheduled for tomorrow.

20110713-8ey23e12ydprxrb99ruknt6a39.jpg

CozMick

Banned
Couple of quick questions from a level 14 :/

Why is it that now Legends and Arena PVP matches are impossible to join? It's a ghost town.

What are HA and LOA?

Where's a good place to find a group or league of players because I'm starting to reach my limit of going solo without getting instantly pounded.

Killthee

CozMick said:
Couple of quick questions from a level 14 :/

Why is it that now Legends and Arena PVP matches are impossible to join? It's a ghost town.

What are HA and LOA?

Where's a good place to find a group or league of players because I'm starting to reach my limit of going solo without getting instantly pounded.

I haven't been back since the PSN hack and I'm waiting till Update 4/MegaServers (server merge) are deployed before jumping back and I'm guessing quite a few people are doing the same. Queues were broken before the hack and I'm sure they're even worse now. First of all, do not bother with PvP queues before you hit level 30. There's several PvP queues separated by level caps, I doubt anyone is bothering with the low level cap queues at this point so you're gonna have a really difficult time joining a match at lv 14. Wait till you get to 30 so you can be dumped into the lv 30 queues. The MegaServers, along with a unified queue, should be here within a month if we're lucky and that should help with the queue times.

HA are Hard Alerts (lv 30 only Alerts). Not sure what LOA is, my best guess is it's the League of Assassins alert added in Update 3.

The Watchtower/Hall of Doom are the central hookup locations in the game. Try shouting at your HQ and see if anyone bites or just shout in the city asking for questing help. I'd also suggest avoiding the PvE servers, they were empty before the hack and are probably dead post hack.

CozMick

Banned
Hey Killthee, thanks for the info, appreciate it :)

Leveled up 5 times today so I'm getting closer to 30, gonna take your advice and avoid Legend and Arena PVPs til i hit 30.

And heres hoping the mega servers reduce the queuing times.

Also, if I may ask......

When I aquire an item from drops or from a vendor and then collect/equip it, I get the style associated with it correct............but what if I sell/delete the item, do I keep the style?

Thanks again.

Killthee

CozMick said:
Hey Killthee, thanks for the info, appreciate it :)

Leveled up 5 times today so I'm getting closer to 30, gonna take your advice and avoid Legend and Arena PVPs til i hit 30.

And heres hoping the mega servers reduce the queuing times.

Also, if I may ask......

When I aquire an item from drops or from a vendor and then collect/equip it, I get the style associated with it correct............but what if I sell/delete the item, do I keep the style?

Thanks again.
Styles are permanent. Once you've collected it it becomes selectable in the style tab and you can toss/sell the item you got the style from. Most of the vendor styles are just styles though, so once you use up the style it disappears from your inventory and appears in your style tab.

CozMick

Banned
Killthee said:
Styles are permanent. Once you've collected it it becomes selectable in the style tab and you can toss/sell the item you got the style from. Most of the vendor styles are just styles though, so once you use up the style it disappears from your inventory and appears in your style tab.

Quick reply, wow! thanks :D

Gonna start spending the next hour selling the crap I never use.

Killthee

Update 4 live chat stream is up.

Recap:
  • PC Test Server is live, has MegaServer support.
  • Trying to get PS3 Test Server, but having difficulties. (they said QA was holding them back and a PS3 test server would require a duplicate install on the HDD at Fan Faire)
  • PC TS has Update 4 (Batcave alert, FoS 1, FoS Deathmatch PvP map, FoS Iconic PvE Suits, Brainiac PvP Suits, Body Type scaling, Quest Journal Hiding & Sharing)
  • PC TS has some Update 5 content (Dueling)
  • Basically confirmed 2 more power sets are coming as DLC later in the year (tank and healer)
  • GL DLC pack will include 2 respec tokens (1 good, 1 evil) that let you switch your power to hard light on existing characters (no respecing back)
  • Future content (no ETA): increased bank space
  • No plans for any new cities. Focusing on un-bottling current cities to make them less dead.
  • Planning on adding alternate costumed Legends character (to Marketplace?)
  • Movement/Personality respec is being looked into

Jagxyz

Killthee said:
Planning on adding alternate costumed Legends character (to Marketplace?)

Hats?

But for real, I want a meta legends arena with Superman, Captain Marvel, Metallo, Firestorm, Flash, etc.

Enough of the focus on Batman.

Killthee

broham said:
Weren't earth and lightning the other cut powers from beta? Would be obvious which roles the powers fit.
Yup. I'm positive those two are gonna be the next DLC packs. Hope they make each one as unique as Hard Light seems to be.

Jagxyz said:
Hats?

But for real, I want a meta legends arena with Superman, Captain Marvel, Metallo, Firestorm, Flash, etc.

Enough of the focus on Batman.
They specifically mentioned adding an alt Batman similar to AA Joker. It sounded like they want to keep pre-order Batman, pre-order only, while at the same time giving those who weren't able to pre-order a chance to purchase an alt appearance Batman off the Marketplace.

Now that the Tech storyline is complete, hopefully they'll start adding more Meta origin stuff to PvP. Update 4's DM Fortress of Solitude map is a good start, but Update 5 should definitely include some Meta Legends and locations.

Killthee said:
Update 4 live chat stream is up.

Recap:
  • PC Test Server is live, has MegaServer support.
  • Trying to get PS3 Test Server, but having difficulties. (they said QA was holding them back and a PS3 test server would require a duplicate install on the HDD at Fan Faire)
  • PC TS has Update 4 (Batcave alert, FoS 1, FoS Deathmatch PvP map, FoS Iconic PvE Suits, Brainiac PvP Suits, Body Type scaling, Quest Journal Hiding & Sharing)
  • PC TS has some Update 5 content (Dueling)
  • Basically confirmed 2 more power sets are coming as DLC later in the year (tank and healer)
  • GL DLC pack will include 2 respec tokens (1 good, 1 evil) that let you switch your power to hard light on existing characters (no respecing back)
  • Future content (no ETA): increased bank space
  • No plans for any new cities. Focusing on un-bottling current cities to make them less dead.
  • Planning on adding alternate costumed Legends character (to Marketplace?)
  • Movement/Personality respec is being looked into

Thanks for keeping the fires burning here :)

Have you been playing at all? If so, still villain only or do you have a hero too?

Killthee

Mercury Fred said:
Thanks for keeping the fires burning here :)

Have you been playing at all? If so, still villain only or do you have a hero too?
I popped it in earlier this week, but I only managed to download the last couple of updates before quitting and going back to U3.

I got a couple of lv 30 villains and my mid level troller hero. I'll probably focus on leveling the troller hero to 30 when I jump back in, I'll toss you a request for a league invite when I start getting close to 30 : )

broham

Well, I caved and resubscribed for a month just to see what's changed since january. Turns out I have a villain that's not even past the tutorial so I'll be leveling him.

Killthee said:
I popped it in earlier this week, but I only managed to download the last couple of updates before quitting and going back to U3.

I got a couple of lv 30 villains and my mid level troller hero. I'll probably focus on leveling the troller hero to 30 when I jump back in, I'll toss you a request for a league invite when I start getting close to 30 : )
Please do! And feel free to request sooner. People are usually happy to help people level alts, at least through powering through some bounties :)

AgentOtaku said:
So should I not even worry about this at this point?

Is it dead?

Man I wish they would hurry up and announce a F2P model of some sort
Actually, things seem to be on the upswing. Update 4, Megaservers and GL DLC are all on their way soon and the population is decent, at least on the PvP PS3 server I play on.

broham

Square Triangle said:
What server is GAF on? Picking this up tomorrow, I've been craving an MMO lately and always keep eyeballing this.
It's been a while but I assume it's still:
GAF Official Servers
PC PvE - Zero Hour
PC PvP - Death and Glory
PS3 PvE - Redemption
PS3 PvP - The Killing Joke

Square Triangle said:
I suppose I can join Redemption, didn't enjoy the PVP server experience when I played WoW.
I have to say I was a complete PvP skeptic, but now I love it on DCUO. It makes the open world heroes vs. villains concept really come to life. The initial few levels can be annoying, especially without some assistance, but I would recommend giving The Killing Joke a spin.

Somnia

Just renewed my account (PS3). Made a new character with some RL friends on No Man's Land villain side. Getting a lot of rubber band lag though =/

Mercury Fred said:
I have to say I was a complete PvP skeptic, but now I love it on DCUO. It makes the open world heroes vs. villains concept really come to life. The initial few levels can be annoying, especially without some assistance, but I would recommend giving The Killing Joke a spin.

Yeah when I made my character I just said fuck it and went with The Killing Joke.

My toon/characters name is Jrod on there. How do I leave a guild/league? Someone was spamming invites to a trash league and clicked on it, I'd love an invite to a GAF league.

Killthee

Square Triangle said:
Yeah when I made my character I just said fuck it and went with The Killing Joke.

My toon/characters name is Jrod on there. How do I leave a guild/league? Someone was spamming invites to a trash league and clicked on it, I'd love an invite to a GAF league.
It should be under the League menu in the Social menu (left on the d-pad).

PS3-DC_scr_UI_Social_League.jpg

There's a bunch of stuff the game just fails at explaining to you, I recommend you read the PS3 Game Guide and the OP of this thread to learn the main keyboard shortcuts.

Jagxyz

Killthee said:
It should be under the League menu in the Social menu (left on the d-pad).

PS3-DC_scr_UI_Social_League.jpg

There's a bunch of stuff the game just fails at explaining to you, I recommend you read the PS3 Game Guide and the OP of this thread to learn the main keyboard shortcuts.

I seriously did not know about the left d-pad option menu until level 30. To leave a group I had to log out, and to mute someone I had to turn off my speakers.

Jagxyz said:
I seriously did not know about the left d-pad option menu until level 30. To leave a group I had to log out, and to mute someone I had to turn off my speakers.

I was the same way. I looked through the manual as well and couldn't find anything.

Square Triangle said:

Ah cool. As far as I know there aren't any proper GAF leagues on TKJ that are active at the moment. I run (albeit rather casually) an LGBT league on TKJ so it may not be the right fit for ya, but definitely feel free to friend me and I can help you level up. My main guy on TKJ is Kid Sorbet.

Killthee

AgentOtaku said:
grrrrr

Gonna have to try this when I get home. Really wish they had a PC Trial T__T
Did you play the beta? They gave everyone who has ever played the game, even just the beta, 45 free days as an apology for the downtime caused by the security breach. If you had a Station account before the breach, it wouldn't hurt to check your subs to see if you got some free game time.

Killthee said:
Did you play the beta? They gave everyone who has ever played the game, even just the beta, 45 free days as an apology for the downtime caused by the security breach. If you had a Station account before the breach, it wouldn't hurt to check your subs to see if you got some free game time.

nah, didn't get to play the beta

Killthee said:
Wait even if you played the beta? Oh god I need to go download the client now!

Killthee

HarryDemeanor said:
Wait even if you played the beta? Oh god I need to go download the client now!
I believe so. I never bought the PC version, yet my Station account sub page says I have 45 days of gametime pending (timer begins once you log in in game). Check out your sub page and then download the client if you see 45 Day Non-Recurring under DCUO.

Yup, the 45 free days are there. Sweet. After playing on the somewhat barren PS3 servers it will be interesting to see what the PC version is like.

Jagxyz

Do I get the free days on PS3 too? I played the beta on PS3 and both PC betas but didn't buy the game till a month ago.

Killthee

Jagxyz said:
Do I get the free days on PS3 too? I played the beta on PS3 and both PC betas but didn't buy the game till a month ago.
PS3 had a 60 day extension but you had to have had played the retail version prior to the hack afaik.

I'm loving the shit out of this game. I'm only lvl 12 but it's extremely fun! It does help that I love the DC characters, so I'm a little bias on everything offered.

Anyone know if having the Dualshock Keypad would speed things up? Aside from the typing itself of course, like if I press a key will it automatically bring up the chat window?

Killthee

Square Triangle said:
I'm loving the shit out of this game. I'm only lvl 12 but it's extremely fun! It does help that I love the DC characters, so I'm a little bias on everything offered.

Anyone know if having the Dualshock Keypad would speed things up? Aside from the typing itself of course, like if I press a key will it automatically bring up the chat window?
Yes, all the PC keyboard hotkeys work on the PS3 version. The XMB keyboard overlay also gets removed when you plug in a USB/BT keyboard to the PS3 version so you can actually see the game when typing. If you use a keyboard that has F keys you can also use F1, F2, & F4 to bring up the quick menus (Actions, Emotes, Social). Here's an outdated list that contains most of the shortcuts:

• NumLock - auto run
  • Tab - Cycles thru menu options
  • Enter - Changes focus to the chat window (same as select)
  • / - Opens last menu you were at [IIRC, this was changed to act like Enter with "/" automatically typed]
  • ESC - Options
  • P - Loadout
  • O - Social
  • I - Inventory
  • Y - Duties
  • K - Traits
  • J - Journal
  • H - Headlines
  • M - Map
  • N - Renown
  • T - Switches between combat stances (roles)
  • Spacebar - Jumps (for some silly reason)
  • Tab (in game) - Rotates screen to your facing (same as L1)
  • 1 thru 8 - use the powers in the corresponding spot on your powerbar
  • F1 - Actions (not availiable on the Keypad)
  • F2 - Canned Chat (not availiable on the Keypad)
  • F3 - Current Effects (not availiable on the Keypad) [removed when they merged Actions with Current Effects and mapped right on the D-pad as PTT]
  • F4 - Emotes (not availiable on the Keypad)

Killthee

CozMick said:
Aren't we expecting info about Fight for the Light from Comic-con today?

I hope they give a release date.
Don't think so, but there's a Q&A coming up tomorrow. As for the release date, I don't think we'll be getting that anytime soon. They've been saying it'll be released in a couple of months during their Comic Con interviews and the DLC content that accidentally went up on the test server was supposedly very buggy.

Killthee

Couldn't make much out of the Q&A, the audio was garbage. The final clue for the Fight for the Light contest was posted though. Go here for details on how to enter.

Top Bottom