• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

This is a milestone for TV. If you told me this would exist four years ago I would call you as mad as the Trickster.

For the first time ever we'll get three TV shows, all taking place in the same fictional universe, airing new episodes on consecutive evenings of the week. And who would have thought that the shows would be based on DC Comics properties, and be airing on the CW of all networks. It's the Grodd-damn DCTV trifecta.

Hell, and on top of that, there's Supergirl and Gotham on Mondays, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil and Jessica Jones. And that's only half the TV stuff! What a time to be a comic book fan.

Magwik

Banned
Stuff like
Sara and Ray being alive
are already spoilers directly from the concept of the show.

I never expected him to survive episode 24 of last season.
he doesn't know she died in the first place. As well as everything with Ra's, some Dahrk stuff too. Maybe Malcom too.

Penguin

This is a milestone for TV. If you told me this would exist four years ago I would call you as mad as the Trickster.

For the first time ever we'll get three TV shows, all taking place in the same fictional universe, airing new episodes on consecutive evenings of the week. And who would have thought that the shows would be based on DC Comics properties, and be airing on the CW of all networks. It's the Grodd-damn DCTV trifecta.

Hell, and on top of that, there's Supergirl and Gotham on Mondays, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil and Jessica Jones. And that's only half the TV stuff! What a time to be a comic book fan.

When you put it like that... oddly not all tied in in that way where all telling one story... would be a cool experiment but way too big of an ask for the audience.

But yeah we're in the Golden Age of Comic Books on the Small Screen.

Joni

he doesn't know she died in the first place. As well as everything with Ra's, some Dahrk stuff too. Maybe Malcom too.

Yes, but the minute he starts watching season 3, the death is kinda undone because she comes back.
COnclusion, might be better to catch up fully although it is said it is watchable without them.

Penguin

I think what's most impressive about the Arrow-verse is they are building and creating a legacy devoid of Batman, Superman and to a lesser extent Wonder Woman.

And I think in the long run would be best for DC to get more of their properties out there, and prove that they have viable characters.

Hopefully... at some point it helps with their comic sales

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could have actually thought Ray was dead even if you don't read comics it was still widely known they would be involved with Legends of Tomorrow one would have to skip commercials/trailers and avoid anything related to Arrow and The Flash online.

Joni

If we get a LoT S2, we could get a three night crossover. It'd literally be a feature length DCTV spectacular.
I hope by that time, we can think about four days for something really big. Like something that LoT S2 builds up to and then we have four episodes through the week for the finale.

Wag

kamandithelastboyonearth1.jpg

With time travel being the prime focus of this show, if we don't have this guy on I'll plotz.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
kamandithelastboyonearth1.jpg

With time travel being the prime focus of this show, if we don't have this guy on I'll plotz.

Ugh... why even bring it up, it'll never happen. A Kamandi episode would break the budget.

Then again... they did introduce Gorilla City.

Ugh... why even bring it up, it'll never happen. A Kamandi episode would break the budget.

Then again... they did introduce Gorilla City.

Was gonna say. That's what we said about Grodd, that's what we said about King Shark.

They have some kinda fae magic shit going on over in VFX. Only explanation.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I know I'm getting ahead of myself, and I'm happy with the cast we've gotten thus far, but I can't wait to see how they shake up the roster in Season 2 and beyond. Already sounds like Vixen is a likely candidate. If Flash eventually brings in Elongated Man, I imagine he'd be a good addition too.

i was a bit down on the concept for a while, but the promos have me excited.

Is the show going to run every week till the end of the season or are there breaks scheduled?

ZeroX03

Banned
So is the premiere 2 hours or is the two part pilot split up?

Two part split

i was a bit down on the concept for a while, but the promos have me excited.

Is the show going to run every week till the end of the season or are there breaks scheduled?

There will almost certainly be an end of Feb break. There's a few more Legends episodes than Flash and Arrow so it will either have less breaks or run a little longer.

anaron

I think it's also exciting that with the show finally debuting, Flarrow will be able to significantly breathe better.

Maddocks

I tried to go in blind as much as I can for the show because CW really doesn't give a crap about spoiling things in promos, but I watched that Atom promo and damn, the show does look damn good.

Must go back to being blind though because I know some of it is going to be amazing to witness live.

Joni

The best thing is the promos all seem to focus on the same period, which is probably the one they use for the double pilot episode. So I'm looking forward to a couple of surprises and wondering why in for instance 10.000 BC they already had the Vancouver football stadium.

anaron

The best thing is the promos all seem to focus on the same period, which is probably the one they use for the double pilot episode. So I'm looking forward to a couple of surprises and wondering why in for instance 10.000 BC they already had the Vancouver football stadium.
loooooool

White Canary seem amazing in this show.

I think what's most impressive about the Arrow-verse is they are building and creating a legacy devoid of Batman, Superman and to a lesser extent Wonder Woman.

And I think in the long run would be best for DC to get more of their properties out there, and prove that they have viable characters.

Hopefully... at some point it helps with their comic sales
Zatanna should be a part of this verse. Aqualad and other DC characters as well.

I'm honestly more hyped for season 2 and Constantine.

But will watch this. Interested to see how they bring back Savage and time travel shenanigans are always fun.

Penguin

Am I the only one who can't take their eyes off Caity Lotz? Still steals every scene.

That outfit works for her so much better than the black one

According to Geoff johns
“You’ll see a hint of the Legion on one of our shows,” he told TV Line at the TCA Winter Tour. "Keep watching."

Well... I mean one of their shows happen to deal with time travel...

That outfit works for her so much better than the black one

According to Geoff johns

Well... I mean one of their shows happen to deal with time travel...

Is it even feasible to do a Legion of Super-Heroes show? Not only is it futuristic but it also deals with space travel.

Joni

If it is space travel, might it not be something more in the Supergirl area. She is the only one capable of going into space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom