• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Azuardo

Shame. Hope you get it fixed for next week, Cocod.

Had some good games again. Managed to get a brief streak against Yoyo going after losing about 8 in a row to him XD Some were close comebacks that I saved too, so need to upload those.

Synth

GGs yesterday. Sorry for the lack of mic, I had my brother over and didn't want to juggle two conversations at the same time.

Seems he may join in for next week.

Azuardo

Sale on this game on US PSN.

PS4 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/19

PS4 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Private Paradise Movie Set - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 9/19

PS4 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Ultimate Content Set - $46.49 - 50% Off - Ends 9/19

PS4 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Ultimate Sexy Costumes - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 9/19

Azuardo

Watching FON's Kasumi tutorial from like 2015, and who else popped into the chat from back then spouting "boobies"? Shin, I just couldn't XD

0zuMXvE.png

Eolz

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/910065981707317248

The PC version of DoA3 will include a new character, it looks good in that scan.
No other information though, will be in the next Famitsu issue.

Say DoA X 3 at least. It changes everything :p

Yeah, it was announced a while ago, cool to finally get some screens.

Btw, RIP DOA6 announcement at TGS :'(

edit: wait, a new character? Wonder if she'll end up in 6, since it's not like when Rio was added to DOAX, she was a crossover character.

The DOA panel is on the 23rd from 15:30 to 16:00 JP time, if I'm not wrong.

As for the new DOAX3 girl, it's nice that it looks like she has a new bodytype but again, reusing Marie Rose/Honoka face :/

Mesharey

The DOA panel is on the 23rd from 15:30 to 16:00 JP time, if I'm not wrong.

As for the new DOAX3 girl, it's nice that it looks like she has a new bodytype but again, reusing Marie Rose/Honoka face :/
Thanks!

I'm with you, it looks good but her face is similar to them.

No idea about the browser game but since it's for Japan most likely it won't support English.

Eolz

So apparently that new character is called "Misaki", voiced by Minami Tsuda.

They haven't even had their DoA stage event yet.

True, but I don't expect much outside of DLC there.
There's still NEC after last year's hint though... but I guess there could be another hint there yeah.

Yeah, I was hoping for a teaser at least. :'(

I thought I added "X" lol.

When is the DoA event?

September 23rd at 15:30 JST, will last 30mn

edit:
Any news on whether this browser game will have english language support?

Really doubt it'll happen, it's a DMM game. Might get some fantranslation or guide though, if it's like Kancolle.

edit 2:
here's what the VA is known for: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Minami-Tsuda/

Kuksune

Excuse me while I just step outside for a second...curl into a ball and cry.

They are seriously going to sit this whole generation out, just continuously milking DOA5 and DOAX3.
Aw man... Can i join in on your plan on curling into a ball? :(

Synth

Aw man... Can i join in on your plan on curling into a ball? :(

I'm not even gonna ask. I'm just picking a spot and curling up.

Also, a BRAND NEW character that similar to Marie and Honoka getting added over any of the actual DOA5 cast that was left out is some utter bullshit!!!! Goddamn.

Azuardo

From a distance on my phone, I just thought it was Koko in X3. Bloody side ponytail and everything tho lol.

Yeah, don't think the game will even be playable outside of Japan, will it?

Still keeping fingers crossed for a 6 announcement... And then even more crossed for NEC if not TGS...

Azuardo

I'd be interested if there was shit to do in X3. But there isn't. It's literally an ogle fest. Some actual competitive and co-op multiplayer sports would make it worth trying.

Azuardo

I actually liked DoAX3, volleyball was really good and doing missings to get the secret ending was fun.

Volleyball woulda been more fun if I could play it with friends online and offline, like how it used to be.

And if I could play it whenever I wanted as exhibitions/tournaments; not only through the main 1-player mode.

What's this secret ending anyway?

Mesharey

Volleyball woulda been more fun if I could play it with friends online and offline, like how it used to be.

And if I could play it whenever I wanted as exhibitions/tournaments; not only through the main 1-player mode.

What's this secret ending anyway?
Yeah, I wanted at least 2 players.
Each girl has a secret ending, nothing important, getting the ending and rank S was fun.

For example, Ayane gets massage. <.<

https://youtu.be/KmO3389wZUY

Azuardo

Oh, I just thought they were normal endings lol. I guess I just got the best ending for the girls I used then. The bog standard endings must be bad...or you just don't even get an ending movie?

Squire

Banned
As the OTs #1 moeblob hater, o actually think Misaki is cute. Hopefully she's in DOA6 with a good fighting style.

I'd be interested if there was shit to do in X3. But there isn't. It's literally an ogle fest. Some actual competitive and co-op multiplayer sports would make it worth trying.

Been playing Yakuza 0 recently and thinking about it, there's really no excuse for there not to be a good amount of mini games in DOAX that are well-made, fun to play, and even kinda deep mechanically. People will like or dislike the cheesecake and voyuerusm, but the games are bad video games in a way that they really don't need to be.

Eolz

I honestly kind of like Mizuki from those screenshots, despite the haircut being an obvious idol-like feature. She doesn't seem as much down a certain spectrum than Honoka at least, but yeah, she fits more DOAX than DOA.

Damn. The grind is real tho. That put me off a fair bit.

There's some cute chibi designs of some of the X3 girls here: http://gematsu.com/gallery/dead-or-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation/september-21-2017/

I am gonna use the Kasumi one for a while :3

I can turn into an avvy if anyone wants one of them.

>tfw no chibi Ayane ;_;

Azuardo

Mmhmm. X3 was a super lazy and easy cash grab to pad their pockets out even more.

I don't even get what this new Venus Vacation is gonna add. If it's just the same game with a new character, and maybe some new scenes to watch them pose in, it's more free money given the f2p nature.

Given the Musou ports and rehashes and lack of general effort, KT must be rolling in it. You'd think every once in a while they'd plough some investment into something special, like a Ninja Gaiden 4, DOA6, etc. Maybe Nioh was that game in recent years, but even that was in development hell for quite some time.

I honestly kind of like Mizuki from those screenshots, despite the haircut being an obvious idol-like feature. She doesn't seem as much down a certain spectrum than Honoka at least, but yeah, she fits more DOAX than DOA.

"Doesn't like showing her skin"

Ehh, I can already see her win/lose poses in DOA6 now... Defo fits the DOAX style more. I think it'd be backwards to introduce a fighter in this kinda game and then bring her into 6 with some super fighting style. Could be the reason it never worked out for Rio. I would rather some more obviously capable and strong women, like Mila. The girls just need toning up a bit more for 6 now, and then they'll look great.

Now that there are higher res pictures I can see that her face is more of a Kokoro/Marie Rose blend rather than full on Marie Rose/Honoka. Which is better, I guess, but still meh.
Still falls into the negative area for me, I'll need to wait and see her personality, she might climb into "absolutely neutral" territory if she doesn't have a childish attitude :p

As I already said though, it's nice she has a new "middle ground" bodytype. I just wish they'd give it to a more mature looking character, but I guess I'm not really the demographic they're catering to as a Lisa/Tina/Mila fan :/

Top Bottom