• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Plus announced for PSVita

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Definitely Vita screens and not lazy resizes. Yup.

92409177-vollbild.jpg
dead-or-alive-5-screen-shot.jpg
2393497-vollbild.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
EVen if those are bullshots - the game will look amazing on Vita. DoA on Dimension on 3DS alreaddy looks really great on my XL, cant wait to see how it`ll look on Vitas OLED.

Not having Cross Play would be so dumb. Really, really dumb.
To be honest I'd still buy it if it had no multiplayer at all, but Cross Play can be the difference between playing the game for years to come and playing it for two weeks and never touching it again.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not having Cross Play would be so dumb. Really, really dumb.

Again, if Plus is indicating a new version of the game, it's going to be kind of hard to add cross-play. I guess they could go the Wipeout 2048 route though.

But I agree with you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Again, if Plus is indicating a new version of the game, it's going to be kind of hard to add cross-play. I guess they could go the Wipeout 2048 route though.

But I agree with you.

How? It isn't like the game's code is that different and they aren't adding a new character or anything. What would make it hard?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How would you play against a person on ps3 if you're using Leon or Ein?

Has Leon or Ein been announced?

Because nothing but total bullshots and the announcement have happened, so far, to my knowledge?

and they can patch those two into the PS3 version with a 1-2 gig patch. If GT5/BF3/etc. can, they can as well

kiyomi

Not a big fighting game fan (although I would like to be), and I haven't played DoA for a long, long time, but this is actually getting me quite hype.

Cross play wouldn't be a buy/no buy to me since I don't own 5, but ideally I'd want it so that I have the option of getting the PS3 version later down the line, and of course it would help the mp.

Skilletor

Has Leon or Ein been announced?

Because nothing but total bullshots and the announcement have happened, so far, to my knowledge?

and they can patch those two into the PS3 version with a 1-2 gig patch. If GT5/BF3/etc. can, they can as well

We're assuming that the plus means new things added to DoA5. If this doesn't have anything added to the DoA5 game, then it would be extremely stupid not to have cross play.

We're assuming that the plus means new things added to DoA5. If this doesn't have anything added to the DoA5 game, then it would be extremely stupid not to have cross play.
It's possible, since they're still announcing new features for NGS2+ even though that was announced three months ago.

I wouldn't hold my breath for new characters or stages, though.

Squire

Banned
It's not gonna have cross-play and no one on console is gonna be getting any sort of paid DLC for free because KT is not Namco nor are they Capcom; they're not in a position to give away revenue like that. And again: "Plus". We're not far out from the console release and we still won't be when this hits. They could've easily just called it DOA5. Now available on Vita. Period. They're not. Don't waste your hopes on freebies that aren't coming.

It's not gonna have cross-play and no one on console is gonna be getting any sort of paid DLC for free because KT is not Namco nor are they Capcom; they're not in a position to give away revenue like that. And again: "Plus". We're not far out from the console release and we still won't be when this hits. They could've easily just called it DOA5. Now available on Vita. Period. They're not. Don't waste your hopes on freebies that aren't coming.
Who said anything like that?

About those screenshots:

NGS+ looked as good as the shots TecmoKoei poster prior, so I'm inclined to believe they're legit shots.

Skilletor

Yeah, it's not like they're releasing Kasumi in NG3 for free or anything.

But, anyway, nobody is saying that we're getting free dlc.

Am I confusing what "cross-play" is? It's being able to play with people who on the ps3 version, right?

Squire

Banned
Who said anything like that?

I misread one of your previous posts. My mistake.

I thought you were saying they should do what Capcom did with SFxT where all the costume DLC was on Vita version and everyone who already had the PS3 port could download it all there as well. Which would be great, but they can barely sell what they have in the base game.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, it's not like they're releasing Kasumi in NG3 for free or anything.

But, anyway, nobody is saying that we're getting free dlc.

Am I confusing what "cross-play" is? It's being able to play with people who on the ps3 version, right?

That's right. Here's Sony's marketing lingo:

Cross Play: Users on PS3 can face users on Vita, and vice versa.
Cross Save: Users can transfer save data from PS3 to Vita, and vice versa.
Cross Controller: Users can use the Vita as a controller in PS3 games.
Cross Contents: DLC that is a single purchase between PS3, and Vita.
Cross Buy: Games that are a single purchase between PS3, and Vita.

Lyte Edge

Already posted? From Tecmo's Facebook page.

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS takes the signature fighting style of the popular DOA series along with stunning graphics and new martial arts techniques of the recent console release, and brings it to the Vita with all-new system-specific features.

In DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS, players will take on the roles of the cast of DEAD OR ALIVE fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat returns, supported by 3D stages that update the series’ characteristic style with a fresh look and feel.

Stages in DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS are more than spectacular visual backdrops, instead playing to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to pit their opponents against fresh obstacles to create a new fighting experience. This fusion of combat and dynamically changing backdrops is the formula for the evolution of fighting games as “Fighting Entertainment.”

With a sensual yet realistic style, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. Innovative touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes and pinches to your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves. Using the Vita’s motion sensor, you can play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. These intuitive new controls are only possible with the PS Vita’s touchscreen and rear touch pad.

Both novice and expert players will find even more ways to up their game with DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS. New modes focused just on training offer tutorials on game basics, and a new display of advanced frame data offers over twice as much the amount of information on each move than the previous version. Tournament players will spend hours analyzing the best moves for their fights.

Gather your friends and take the fight inside, outside or anywhere. DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS takes the ultimate in Fighting Entertainment on the go, thanks to the Vita's ad hoc and infrastructure network features.

FEATURES

• Intense DOA Fighting: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS expands the signature DOA fighting style with a variety of deadly martial arts techniques and styles.

• Realistic and Sensual Graphics: Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character—from raw power to sleek sensuality. And now you can interact directly with the characters using the Vita’s touchscreens!

• Dream Lineup: The full cast of DOA fighters is at your fingertips, including Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, Hitomi, Bayman, Christie, Lei Fang, Zack, Kokoro, Bass, Rig, Jann Lee, Helena, Lisa, Brad Wong, Eliot, Tina and more.

• Dynamic Interactive 3D Stages: More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive arena for deadly battles.

• Devastating Finishing Moves: Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig—distract your opponents or drive them into danger.

Coming to PlayStation Vita, Q1 2013.

Lyte Edge

Nope, that's new. I hope there's the DLC included, or new costumes, or new fighters, or something. Because just DOA5 with a Ffirst person mode is not what I want from this.

Watch this end up being a new feature:

• No cross-buy functionality, so you can buy those DLC costumes all over again!

:(

Loona

The character list mentioned leaves out the VF guests - now I really wonder what'll be added so this won't deserve to be nicknamed DoA5-...
Whatever it is, hopefully it'll become available for the console versions later via DLC.

DR2K

Banned
The character list mentioned leaves out the VF guests - now I really wonder what'll be added so this won't deserve to be nicknamed DoA5-...
Whatever it is, hopefully it'll become available for the console versions later via DLC.

I hear it has something to do with the license.

Loona

I hear it has something to do with the license.

Yeah, licensing contracts usually cover the distribution platform, so if the Vita wasn't in the original plans, including the VF trio likely means TK forking over some more cash.

This should only sligthly mess with story mode (I wonder if Akira and Sarah's scenes will simply be removed or actually replaced with something new...), but it really makes me wonder about extras...

DR2K

Banned
The VF5 characters just feel awkward and don't fit in DOA5. Having the exact same frame data and animations didn't help.

Top Bottom