• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (New images)

xion4360

It's DOA but tons of people here seem to be begging for more VF cast than DOA. I'm just rolling with it in a joke manner.

I would like a full DOA vs VF title, but most people do not want another VF guest instead of a new character for 5U. If you go on a DOA fan site, you hear the opposite of "more VF characters please!"

Are they changing gameplay? Er just tweeks per fighter?

They have not detailed changes and whatnot. From whats been shown looks like new moves, but the core system seems the same maybe some small things added.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Are they changing gameplay? Er just tweeks per fighter?

They have been reading tons of feedback so they probably are tweaking mechanics.

I would like a full DOA vs VF title, but most people do not want another VF guest instead of a new character for 5U. If you go on a DOA fan site, you hear the opposite of "more VF characters please!"

Y'okay. I know about DOA community but overall what I was saying was a joke (nothing to take serious)

Dantis

If they wanna go with Aoi, I want her. An original character would be cool, too.

ryo_hazuki__shenmue_online.jpg

This is who they should add, though I think a fourth male character is pushing it.

louie

Ein got the type of powerblow I wanted from the original game - just a straight, single and devastating attack. I don't like that his 6p+k is his CB though, that move should always knockback imo.

branny

Holy shit, this is great. I loved the forest stage in DOA3, and Hitomi's really cute with a ponytail.

As for the colors argument: to me, it wasn't just the muted colors in DOA5's stages that made them bland--it was a little bit of everything. Their locations were kind of uninspired, and almost all of them were basically shaped like giant boxes/circles. While it's debatable that they lost the spectacle earlier DOAs had, many most certainly lacked the intricate arena layouts synonymous with the series since DOA2 (barring the tag-capable ones).

As much as a like Virtua Fighter, no more guest characters please. If they wanted to do a crossover they should of gone for it full force. Don't tack it on to an already existing game. (But I think this may be it for VF characters anyway, now that there are two pairs.)

Anyway, bring on the Leon footage!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Akira and Ryo do use the same martial art, heh. . .
Ryo was originally written to be Akira (Lau was Lan Di), some of the promotional CG work done for VF3 featured Akira sporting the backpack Ryo has in Shenmue 2, both characters look similar and share the same scar, Ryo's outfit can be customized for Akira and VF5FS.

Daingurse

Ryo was originally written to be Akira (Lau was Lan Di), some of the promotional CG work done for VF3 featured Akira sporting the backpack Ryo has in Shenmue 2, both characters look similar and share the same scar, Ryo's outfit can be customized for Akira and VF5FS.

Fascinating, every day is a school day.

ss_lemonade

I knew about the ryo/akira thing (project berkeley video showed a young akira, wristbands and all), but I didn't know that Lau was supposed to be Lan Di

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I knew about the ryo/akira thing (project berkeley video showed a young akira, wristbands and all), but I didn't know that Lau was supposed to be Lan Di

Sure. I mean, Shenmue WAS "Virtua Fighter RPG" in its early stages of development.

Yeah 4 new males would have been too against the grain... who to add? Irene?
Well, knowing the number of bikinis doesn't mean there won't be more guys still. I actually wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't still one more brand new guy, make it an even 6 newcomers.

As for the new girl, I would like to see Irene, (in her Dimensions outfit), or a totally new female character. (Unless the 14th bikini is for Kasumi Alpha...)

Sgblues

What if its
Dural so she could fight Alpha 152

j/k but yeah I would want Vanessa, or Aoi or someone new(hey surprise me Temco)

Now I'm imagining Jeffrey McWilds selling hotdogs out of the hotdog truck. Though I dunno if he can do a tornado kick.

mao2

They are having a vote at the official Japanese site for some new costumes for the girls.

Here's a link:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/vote_doa

If only they showed the male characters even a quarter of the attention they give the female cast. I'm sure fans would like a chance to vote for some male costumes as well.
Couldn't decide between Team O and A, but chose O in the end. They should have put Momiji in O instead of A.

Squire

Banned
Is Team Ninja going to go with preorder bonuses/DLCs for Ultimate too?

Pfft. Of course.

The DOA5U Collector's Edition contains the game, ultimate sexy costume download serial, DOA5 original soundtrack CD Vol. 3, and Kasumi-chan Blue goods set which includes a 3D (oppai) mousepad and trump card set. The Gamecity limited Collector's Edition includes even more stuff like B2 posters, life-size tapestry and bath poster.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shop/doa/5/ultimate/

Wooooooow. We thought they were pandering before, but this is otaku bait to the max. It's almost... offensive.

The new grassy mountain level looks great. So nice and bright.
Unfortunately, the fact that no one plays DoA5 here in Aus, means the girls would have to be pretty much naked, to convince me to buy it.

Squire

Banned
At least they acknowledge their fanbase, I suppose. Soul Calibur fans would be so lucky.

This game's a surefire bomba either way, so might as well squeeze the dirty mouth breathers (like me...) for all they're worth.

Pfft. No, we would not. SC is known for it's class. Even if it weren't a CE like that is market suicide.

"We can't go big, so let's take the mouth-breathers for all their worth!"

There's really no defense for it. Shambles, mate.

Seriously. I know it's DOA and I don't mind about the mousepad-type junk, but that was because they weren't selling that trash with the game.

Pfft. No, we would not. SC is known for it's class. Even if it weren't a CE like that is market suicide.
Well, I'm more referring to Namco's deaf ears to the cries for post-release Soul Calibur support. With free stages and significant patches, DOA5 fans have been spoiled in comparison, even ignoring DOA5+ and DOA5U.

The DOA5U Collector's Edition contains the game, ultimate sexy costume download serial, DOA5 original soundtrack CD Vol. 3, and Kasumi-chan Blue goods set which includes a 3D (oppai) mousepad and trump card set. The Gamecity limited Collector's Edition includes even more stuff like B2 posters, life-size tapestry and bath poster.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shop/doa/5/ultimate/

Ugh.

I really wish Team Ninja had kept their balls when they said they were dialing this dumb shit back at the start of DOA5 development.

Top Bottom